Ratings for Dr. M. Moodley

Hes great, I would definitely recommend him to other people. He is straight to the point and it might seem rude to some people, but you can tell he cares and he does his job well.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

I took my mom for her pre-op assessment for a hemicolectomy. We have been to many different doctors over the past year trying to figure out why she is so sick. All doctors seem to pussyfoot around and won't give straight answers as to if she actually has colon cancer and what is making her so sick (internal bleeding, blood transfusions, constant itching that no one has addressed thus far, and homebound and never leaves her house, no energy). This doctor was a breath of fresh air because he calls it what it is. He took the time to study her test results on everything and found that a CAT scan that she had done over 6 months ago revealed cirrhosis of the liver, which not one doctor has ever given her this information or noticed it on that report, but this doctor did!!! He talked to her and took many notes. We couldn't get one doctor to even tell us prior to this if she actually had cancer or not. They kept calling it a polyp. Dr. Moodley told us "Lets call it what it is...it's a tumour and you're having a cancer surgery". Finally someone who paid attention and although the cirrohsis is very bad news, at least she has an answer now. Had he not noticed that on the report, I don't know if she ever would've known since it had already been 6 months and dr. after dr. looking for answers. He says it is not the cancer making her sick, which makes sense now since she has all the symptoms of the cirrhosis. And she never drinks, so it's not from alcohol and she didn't bring this on herself. I was extremely impressed with this doctor!!!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

worse Dr I ever me. Don t recommended it to any one. terrible experience.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

I felt well cared for. Dr. Moodley was very professional and informative. Took his time, no rushing and actually went above and beyond so I didn’t mind the wait.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Very well experienced. Really knew his stuff and explained it like it is. After telling me to relax as I was tense and told me I'd be taken care of, I calmed down within. Anesthesiologist was late but had a good sense of humour.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I can not comment on the doctor himself because my father never got that far to see him. His office, however, is one of the rudest, and most disorganzied offices. I have encountered... and I work in a medical office. His consultation was reschedule 3 times. His secretary NEVERS answers the phone. Messages are not returned. After my father cancelled his appt via phone and said he had to leave it on the machine because she doesnt answer or returned his previous message, she called back and left a snarky, unprofessional message in return to say she always returns message. As a fellow receptionist who has had to deal with that office, I know that is not true because she refuses to answer when we call. Do not go here, there are plenty of other general surgeons who's staff is much more pleasant and professional.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

After reading alot of the reviews here I was very nervous about my surgery consult with Dr Moodly. I was pleasantly surprised, he was professional, did not talk down to us, took his time explaining everything, answered our questions and told us like it was. I very much appreciated his directness with us so I know exactly what I am looking at as far as treatment does.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Had a very basic hernia operation by him. He did fine. Pre-Op meeting in his office required extensive wait -- almost no point in arriving on time -- you will wait. He's very blunt which doesn't bother me, but may put off some. Some of the negative comments here seem over-the-top compared with my experience. I have no reason to assume he's anything but a competent surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr Moodley performed a bilateral hernia for me in May 2016. He is an extremely skilled surgeon, explained all details to me and also to my family. I had absolutely no complications and would strongly recommend Dr Moodley. Francis Pritchard

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Is there a zero rating???? My aunt almost died thanks to this man. She had been having gallbladder complaints for yrs. The family doc sent her for tests and said she needed to see a surgeon to have her gallbladder out. Upon seeing Dr. Moodley, he said the test done was inaccurate and a waste of time and sent her for another test. They never called back for follow up appt. After 3 months my aunt called and asked if she should not see him at the very least to get her results, so the receptionist set her up with an appt. On the next visit Dr. Moodley ordered another test. Again no follow up, this time my aunt called back with in a month. It was another month until before she got an appt. When she saw him prior to Christmas she was told that she had sludge in her gallbladder and it wasn't an emergency even though she told him she was sick and in pain all the time, he scheduled her for surgery in April. In Feb. she had a horrible attack and ended up in ER. She was sent home with no answers except to wait for the surgery that was not scheduled until end of April. A week later she was taken to Toronto. They did surgery. They said they had not seen anything so bad....her gallbladder was so swollen it had adhered to the liver, pancreas, colon and small bowel. A fistula had developed between the gallbladder and the colon and fecal matter was passing freely up into the gallbladder and back into the colon. They removed the gallbladder part of the liver, 20% of the colon and she went septic. She has had several complications. She was in hospital for over a month. The infection was so bad they had to leave the wound open and be packed to allow to heal from the inside out. No one in todays days age should almost die from gallbladder. Something is really amiss here. Run don't walk away from this doctor. Well I guess it doesn't allow for zero rating...have to give 1 star.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016