Ratings for Dr. M. Moodley

I felt well cared for. Dr. Moodley was very professional and informative. Took his time, no rushing and actually went above and beyond so I didn’t mind the wait.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Very well experienced. Really knew his stuff and explained it like it is. After telling me to relax as I was tense and told me I'd be taken care of, I calmed down within. Anesthesiologist was late but had a good sense of humour.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I can not comment on the doctor himself because my father never got that far to see him. His office, however, is one of the rudest, and most disorganzied offices. I have encountered... and I work in a medical office. His consultation was reschedule 3 times. His secretary NEVERS answers the phone. Messages are not returned. After my father cancelled his appt via phone and said he had to leave it on the machine because she doesnt answer or returned his previous message, she called back and left a snarky, unprofessional message in return to say she always returns message. As a fellow receptionist who has had to deal with that office, I know that is not true because she refuses to answer when we call. Do not go here, there are plenty of other general surgeons who's staff is much more pleasant and professional.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

After reading alot of the reviews here I was very nervous about my surgery consult with Dr Moodly. I was pleasantly surprised, he was professional, did not talk down to us, took his time explaining everything, answered our questions and told us like it was. I very much appreciated his directness with us so I know exactly what I am looking at as far as treatment does.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Had a very basic hernia operation by him. He did fine. Pre-Op meeting in his office required extensive wait -- almost no point in arriving on time -- you will wait. He's very blunt which doesn't bother me, but may put off some. Some of the negative comments here seem over-the-top compared with my experience. I have no reason to assume he's anything but a competent surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr Moodley performed a bilateral hernia for me in May 2016. He is an extremely skilled surgeon, explained all details to me and also to my family. I had absolutely no complications and would strongly recommend Dr Moodley. Francis Pritchard

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Is there a zero rating???? My aunt almost died thanks to this man. She had been having gallbladder complaints for yrs. The family doc sent her for tests and said she needed to see a surgeon to have her gallbladder out. Upon seeing Dr. Moodley, he said the test done was inaccurate and a waste of time and sent her for another test. They never called back for follow up appt. After 3 months my aunt called and asked if she should not see him at the very least to get her results, so the receptionist set her up with an appt. On the next visit Dr. Moodley ordered another test. Again no follow up, this time my aunt called back with in a month. It was another month until before she got an appt. When she saw him prior to Christmas she was told that she had sludge in her gallbladder and it wasn't an emergency even though she told him she was sick and in pain all the time, he scheduled her for surgery in April. In Feb. she had a horrible attack and ended up in ER. She was sent home with no answers except to wait for the surgery that was not scheduled until end of April. A week later she was taken to Toronto. They did surgery. They said they had not seen anything so bad....her gallbladder was so swollen it had adhered to the liver, pancreas, colon and small bowel. A fistula had developed between the gallbladder and the colon and fecal matter was passing freely up into the gallbladder and back into the colon. They removed the gallbladder part of the liver, 20% of the colon and she went septic. She has had several complications. She was in hospital for over a month. The infection was so bad they had to leave the wound open and be packed to allow to heal from the inside out. No one in todays days age should almost die from gallbladder. Something is really amiss here. Run don't walk away from this doctor. Well I guess it doesn't allow for zero rating...have to give 1 star.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!! Dr. Moodley saw my sister in her hospital room after she was admitted through the emergency dept. because she was passing out, falling, and when she regained consciousness she couldn't use her legs for a few hours and was very weak, confused, not making any sense when talking. She had just had another "attack" approx. two hours prior to seeing Dr. Moodley. Without checking any past medical information or doing any testing, he cancelled the MRI the emergency doctor had arranged and sent her home in a taxi!! Definitely not my idea of medical care!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

Had this doctor to check out my diverticulitis, he in our initial meeting called me and my doctor a liar and said my GP didn't know what she was talking about.. He is THE most useless and rude doctor I have ever met.. When I told him I would not be talked to in that manner that he was rude and insulting.. He said that he would be unable to help me.. Nice ethics.. So I got up and looked him in the eye and told him he was an a-hole and I wouldn't let him operate on me if the was the last Fu--ing doctor on earth and left his office.. Oya.. forgot to mention he triple books.. their were 3 of us there waiting in the office for a 2:30 appt.. So he is an a-hole and is milking the system for money.. He needs to checked out by some sort of review board.. Mike Lobzun...

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Guy is an absolute jerk!! He has no people skills whatsoever, and thinks women are below him. Should really think about what he does to his patients and their families. Rethink your profession Doctor and maybe take up landscaping

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016