You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu

I am a 15 year old who got injured while playing soccer in April 2015 and Dr. Sekyi-Otu was the doctor I saw at the fracture clinic. He diagnosed me with a torn ACL and MCL and the MRI proved just that. I later got my surgery in July 2015 which I can say was very successful and he did a great job. Overall, Dr. Sekyi- Otu is a phenomenal doctor who is very to the point, from my experience he did an excellent job and I would gladly recommend him to any patient.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

Terrible doctor with a cold unhelpful bedside manner. Pushed me out of his office within 5 minutes of getting there and wouldn't even answer my questions. He made me feel terrible about the outcome of my knee which ended up with me crying for 45 minutes afterwards. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

I never been so happy with the results of my total knee replacement. Everything was 5 stars in my eyes . Jus some muscle aches @ nite 28 days .On a great mend tho 😆 thank you Dr Seki Otu

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Never again, knee replacement 2014, got Staph as a result, 3 more surgeries and 3 months IV. Now need a revision. Told to call for surgery date 3 weeks ago. His staff does not answer the phone and takes 2 weeks to return calls. This customer service is unacceptable.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr. Sekyi-Otu replaced my knee and hip. Both without complication. Great consultation, follow up support and rapport. Would hightly reccomend Dr. Sekyi-Otu. Thank you for your care.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

He did my knee replacement 3 years ago. I repeatedly told him it was still swelling up and bothering me. He said it was fine, I saw him again with the same complaint and after still insisting it was fine he agreed to at least drain the fluid from my knee. It was full of blood. Still said it was fine and then got very rude when I said I thought something was wrong. He told me to go somewhere else. I did just that and ended up at Sunnybrook, where I found out that I need to have my knee replacement replaced. It was put in crooked so now my leg is bowing and I need to have my tib/fib bones rotated. I am now facing a very big surgery to correct my knee that Dr Sekyi Otu said was "fine". Don't go to him!!!!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

After waiting 2.5 hours for my appointment, I was misdiagnosed with a fracture after meeting with Dr. Sekyi-Otu for only a few minutes. He did not even touch my ankle during his "examination". I was given a referral for physiotherapy. After seeing another specialist and going for a follow-up MRI when physiotherapy didn't help, I was told I had a chipped piece of bone in my ankle and it was lodged in the joint. I had also torn a ligament and needed to have surgery. Dr. Alexander ended up doing my surgery and he did an outstanding job.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I am a 15 year old who got injured while playing soccer in April 2015 and Dr. Sekyi-Otu was the doctor I saw at the fracture clinic. He diagnosed me with a tor..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Terrible doctor with a cold unhelpful bedside manner. Pushed me out of his office within 5 minutes of getting there and wouldn't even answer my questions. He ma..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I never been so happy with the results of my total knee replacement. Everything was 5 stars in my eyes . Jus some muscle aches @ nite 28 days .On a great mend t..."

December 9, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Never again, knee replacement 2014, got Staph as a result, 3 more surgeries and 3 months IV. Now need a revision. Told to call for surgery date 3 weeks ago..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Sekyi Otu is a great surgeon. I'm thirteen and I tore my ACL when I was playing soccer. I first had appointments at the hospital with"

July 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Did acl sergury and he was really good, expained the procedure and very open to all questions i had.. very pleased "

July 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sekyi-Otu replaced my knee and hip. Both without complication. Great consultation, follow up support and rapport. Would hightly reccomend Dr. Sekyi-Otu. Th..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He totally misdiagnosed my torn knee meniscus from an accident and I had to go elsewhere. I wouldn't trust this guy to change a bandaid! "

April 1, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He did my knee replacement 3 years ago. I repeatedly told him it was still swelling up and bothering me. He said it was fine, I saw him again with the same comp..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "After waiting 2.5 hours for my appointment, I was misdiagnosed with a fracture after meeting with Dr. Sekyi-Otu for only a few minutes. He did not even touch my..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr Sekyi-Otu to be outstanding. He is knowledgeable, personable and professional. His bedside manner is awesome and is follow up is impeccable. I highl..."

December 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just had a right ACL reconstruction done with Dr. Sekyi Otu on 9/10/14. I'm a young woman and this was my first surgery, first stitches, first IV. Well he did..."

September 11, 2014