Ratings for Dr. Ato Sekyi-Otu

I did ACL to my daughters leg in 2014, everything went well so fare, but i stop here playing soccer rep. anymore. but she plays badminton and basketball. during visits we did not talk that much my daughter new what was happening, we so him only 3 times, first visite, day of surgery and after surgery one visit.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

I had ACL recon surgery with him three years ago. At the time, he said that the surgery went well. Although ACL reconstruction has a recovery time of one year, he only saw me once after the surgery. After recovering, I went back to playing soccer, but suffered from another knee injury. My parents tried to book an appointment with sekyi-otu as I thought I had re-torn my ACL but the staff refused to give us an appointment without a referral. My gym teacher would see my knee buckle while running and also told me to talk to sekyi-otu. I later went to the hospital and got a referral. I have seen Dr. Sekyi-otu multiple times now. I have done numerous xrays and an MRI but he simply doesn't know what's wrong with my knee. It buckles the same way that it did when I tore my ACL but he says that the ACL is intact. I went to another doctor recently and he stated that the swelling of my knee (the swelling hasn't disappeared since surgery which was over three years ago) indicates that my ACL was never repaired properly. AVOID THIS DOCTOR IF U WANT TO STAY AWAY FROM FURTHER COMPLICATIONS.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

Such a rude doctor who does not recognize his patients as real people. He interrupted me several times and clearly did not want any questions. Turns out his prognosis was wrong and he dismissed my left knee pain. I was lucky to get a fast appointment for an MRI by another doctor which showed severe meniscus tearing and I got surgery in 3 weeks. I would avoid Dr. Sekyi_Otu at all costs.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

IMPOLITE DOCTOR.MADE ME FEEL MORE WORST.I HOPE THIS DOCTOR HAVE CONSCIENCE AS A HUMAN TO RESPECT TO ANOTHER PEOPLE.I DON'T TRUST THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

After sustaining an open fracture of the long bones in my right leg, it seemed very likely that my leg might need to be amputated. Unable to help me at Headwaters in Orangeville, I was taken to Brampton Civic Hospital, where I was blessed to be seen and operated on by Dr. Sekyi-Otu. Living with the constant fear of losing my leg, Dr. Sekyi-Otu saw me frequently over many months, consulting with his peers, at times, in order to ensure that the best was done for me. Now, after7 months and 3surgeries, I can finally breathe a sigh of relief that when I look down, my leg is still there. I don't know when I will be able to walk again but I will always be grateful for Dr. Sekyi-Otu, his experience, his knowledge and his caring.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

He replaced both my knees and there were no problems at all, the staff was very polite and helpful...thank u very much...i can now walk without pain.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Doctor is okay he did my acl repair although the problem never fully went away. His staff are absolutely horrible and never respond to phone calls. Must have left at least 20 messages and they never even call back.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Good doctor .Very busy.Does not say a lot. Does his job well.Trustworthy.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Just had my consultation with dr. Sekyl-Uto. Going to trust him 100 % with my knee replacement. To bad the wait time for surgery is so long.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Sekyi-Otu and his expertise is invaluable. Not much for conversation but he knows what he's talking about. I would highly recommend him. Sincerely.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016