Ratings for Dr. Rory A. Evans

What should have been a simple surgery was messed up by this doctor ignoring my genetic condition. I will have bad scarring from the tearing staples (four have torn so far). No postop care or pain management. Screamed at me and my roommate for asking questions.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Having read the other comments it makes me sad to know his standard of care has dropped off so precipitously. I accompanied a patient of Dr. Evans to surgery yesterday and when a mistake was made in closing the wound, despite numerous conversations and documentations about it, he actually yelled at us. We asked to speak to him post-op to find out what the next step would be, because it is likely due to the patients condition that the staples will rip out. Only I couldn't get a word in edgewise as he accused me of lying, said it was enetirely my fault the patient was upset, and "I have been doing this 40 years, in the doctor, you're wrong she will be fine" despite documentation to the contrary. He also accused us of drug seeking, even though the patients condition causes her to metabolize certain painkillers differently. Since we asked for pain meds, he instead sent us home with Tylenol, in spite of the fact that screws had just been removed from bone. His bedside manner was ATROCIOUS, I couldn't get a word in edge wise, and when I finally did to ask what to do if/when the staples pull out he told me to "shut up and leave". He doesn't listen and doesn't take kindly to anyone who asks too many questions.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I was referred to Dr Evans, after receiving unsatisfactory service elsewhere. From the moment I met Dr. Evans, I felt at ease with his excellent 'bedside manners' and wealth of knowledge. As a matter of fact, I was so satisfied with the results of the surgical procedure he performed on me, that when my 21 yr old son dislocated his shoulder, Dr Evans was the Ortho doctor that came to mind.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

I had a severe injury, he got me scheduled for surgery the following morning, he and his staff took time to explain and answer all my questions. Follow up care was great and made me feel at ease with all there.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2012

Dr. Evans is great! Vary caring and knoledgable. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2012

he is the best so caring about his patience truly one in a million his office staff is "THE BEST" its like u are part of a family having sugery u need this and this office has it all

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Diagnosis: Full rupture of Achilles Tendon. Although diagnosis and surgery were satisfactory, this doctor is uninformed regarding 'sports injuries'. I was specifically told NOT TO seek physical therapy after my cast was removed. After many hours of research I came to the conclusion that if there was only one injury that required physical therapy it would be an Achilles tear! Overall a nice doctor, but if you're under 50 years old and active, seek another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

knowledgeable,efficent,straightforward yet caring.I was pleased with his services.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

Great communicator. Super Knowledge. Fast diagnosis, surgery, recovery. He cares about his patients. Would recommend 100%

flag | Submitted August 1, 2006

Evans was the best surgeon ever. He succeded where others had failed. Cares about the patients.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2005

Dr. Rory A. Evans's Credentials

• Univ Of Ottawa, Fac Of Med, Ottawa, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1973)