You may also like

Rate Dr. Marc Engfield

Dr. Marc Engfield's Ratings

Dr. Engfield changed my life! I had been diagnosed with everything from menopause, to anxiety, to depression, to osteoarthritis, to carpal tunnel. After my first appointment with Dr. Engfield, he listened and put all the pieces together to give me a reasonable diagnosis and the tools to start my recovery. He is amazing and so very kind. I really cannot say enough good about him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2862638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

My son was left by our family Dr, suffering from exhaustion, insomnia, depression, anxiety, mental disfunction; memory loss, lack of concentration. He was unable to attend school, unable to function more than an hour a day. He was in bed the majority of the day. When our Dr. could not figure out what was wrong, she told me to leave him alone, as if it was my fault for his symptoms.

Dr. Engfield, listened compassionately. He understood that it is important to hear the symptoms. My son, after 4 years of incapacity, was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. He was treated with thyroid meds, and is now able to function much better after a short time. We continue to see Dr. Enfield to try to optimize his health, but the improvement we have seen in such a short time is miraculous. In June my son will graduate high school, we truly did not think he would be able to get through a single course, let alone graduate an honours student.

We are very grateful for his thoughtful and openminded care.

I gave a 4 star for punctuality, as he is often a bit late, but I attribute this to old fashioned medical care, where the Dr. actually listens and gives you the time you need. I do NOT mind waiting, as I know we will be treated with the same consideration when we meet with him.

I have no hesitation to say that His care saved my son.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2720794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

Dr. Marc Engfield is my hero. I had been living in QC for years and unable to get a family physician though I had recurring pancreatitis 3x. Three major hospitalizations and lack of medical follow up on my condition, had influenced me negatively on the subject of doctors until I met Dr Engfield. We met while I was hospitalized for acute pancreatitis in October 2011 and he was the first doctor I ever spoke to who seemed to actually listen. I begged him to take me as a patient once I left the hospital fearing that again I would be left unmonitored and risk another pancreatitis. He has seen me since then and has helped diagnose me with hormonal imbalance resulting in hypothyroidism, diabetes, chronic inflammation and estrogen dominance. I have been struggling for years exercising and eating right and nothing seemed to make any difference. I felt very alone, scared and helpless before meeting Dr. Engfield. He is very kind, attentive and truly caring and has never given up on helping me. What I also really like about his practice is that he has an integrative approach to medicine and he explains things in a way that people can understand. He demystifies hormones! I jokingly refer to him as the "Hormone Whisperer"! For the first time in more than 10 years, I feel good. I am losing weight and all my hypothyroidism symptoms are diminishing. I am very happy to recommend Dr. Marc Engfield to anyone dealing with chronic pain, metabolism and hormone issues.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2692926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

I would NOT recommend Dr. Marc Engfield. My experience under his care was terrible. His knowledge and understanding of bio identical hormones was incredibly lacking and his recommended treatment caused me and my body great distress. He has also moved his practice to many different clinics in Ottawa , Vancouver and now Wakefield Quebec. Money seems to be a great motivator. Large initial fee, monthly payments, and he will suggest that you see his colleagues for additional support but fails to advise you that he receives referral compensation each visit. I was fortunate enough to leave his care and find a true hormone expert and have never felt better.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2672800].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

I started working with Dr. Engfield exactly when my body needed the support. My hormone levels were out of balance, adrenal fatigue approaching burn out and under functioning thyroid. Dr. Engfield put symptoms together that other doctor's missed to offer what my body needed to find its own balance. He listened with presence and compassion, offering thoughtful insights. I found his energy treatments and supplement suggestions to be precisely what I needed. I will be forever grateful for the support Dr. Engfield offered to me, just when I needed it most.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2648572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Dr. Engfield is the only doctor who took my hypothyroidism seriously when I explained all my symptoms. Two other doctors didn't even discuss my results with me. I am in my mid 40s and unbeknownst to me, another of my complaints was hormone related, which I had suspected but was told that if my cycle was regular, there was nothing wrong with me. Dr. Engfield is everything everyone has already written here; personable, knowledgeable, both empathetic and sympathetic, kind, and above all, trustworthy. I am so thankful to have found him and will continue in his care as long as I am able.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2603091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2014

When I first came to see Dr. Engfield I had been to a slew of specialists who were only looking at my symptoms but had no interest in their root. My Endo was also keeping me on a thyroid hormone dose that was way too low. Dr. Engfield listened with compassion to all my concerns and trusted that I knew about myself/my symptoms. I really feel we are a team; where every avenue towards my recovery is explored together. He also sees my son, and they have a wonderful connection. He explains everything to him in a language that he can understand. I now want my whole family to meet and work with this wonderful, empathic Doctor who is a true healer. (Ani)

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2533751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

The best doctor I had! He is human and quite knowledgeable. He works with you and really wants to create a change. Patient and understanding, he pushed me to realize certain things regarding my lifestyle and although it was difficult, in the end, I am grateful I made the changes I did. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2447753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I have seen Dr. Engfield four times. Each time he has taken time to listen to me, and he has asked questions that no other doctor has asked. He is compassionate, and empathetic, but also optimistic, and knowledgable. I appreciate that he can give some insight from his own past experiences. I have Trigeminal Neuralgia, and I have had MVD surgery (brain surgery), which was not completely successful. I have had chronic pain since the surgery, and also suffer from Fibromyalgia and depression. In the four visits (about 6 weeks) I have gone off my pain medication (Lyrica) and I am weaning off my depression medication (Cymbalta). I get about 5 days of relief from the injections and hope this continues to increase. I am thankful that someone like Dr Engfield exists, because I was drifting through life with the premise "that this was a good as it gets", and guess what, it gets better!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2447752].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

He requires a referral but does not submit a report to the referring doctor. Incredibly patronizing. Thinks he's on some hero mission to help people but talks a lot about his own recovery issues, his dad etc. Does not listen to "no" and continues a procedure after someone has said no. Very bad boundaries. A very very poor experience. Wish I could have gotten my money back. A total waste of cash. Needs to get over himself. He's not helping people, but his ego.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1323819].votes_count ]]