Ratings for Dr. Marc Engfield

I have been a patient of Dr Engfield's for many years for pain management. He works 4 days a week, not 2.5 days a week. I have had to wait at times, but NOT 2 hours. BUT there have been occasions too where I have come to his office in severe pain and my own appts were extended to 20 minutes or more because he took the time that was needed to suppress my pain. I would rather wait a little bit because I know this doctor is not rushing people out of the office so that he can be paid to see as many people as he can in a day. Also, as an RN, ( I have never worked with Dr Engfield professionally), I have worked with countless of physicians and I can say that Dr Engfield has a heart for people that not all doctors have.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

My experience as a patient with Dr Engfield was not good. He smiles and nods and pretends to listen but he isn't. He is a fraud! You are taking your life in your hands with him. He has no clue what he is doing. At first the medications were helpful , he kept increasing my pain pills to a point where its not therapeutic anymore, its doing more harm than good. That's why he is under disciplinary action....check for yourself on the college if physician and surgeons website. He needs to be supervised at all times due to inappropriate behavior, and over prescribing. He literally need a babysitter at work to make sure he is not going to hurt the public . wow that must have put a damper on his huge ego. If he did less flirting and more work maybe he would be a more productive , better doctor. His staff are rude.the receptionist can't even answer the phone to make an appointment, out of frustration after calling for two days with no answer I had to drive there to make an appointment. Makemsure you get the first appointment in the morning or after lunch or you will be waiting at least two hours to see him. He has no respect for your time. He works two days a week so he has to triple book and cram as many patients as he can so he can get paid. He prob has to pay for the supervisor which is supervising him too , or else he would lose his licence. Dr Engfield is in the wrong profession, he should be an actor, because that smile he has on is fake. He is Jekyll and Hyde, one minute he is all smiles, then the next he is in his office swearing his face off . patient confidentiality is non existant with him, he often complains of other patients to me, so it makes me wonder what he is saying about me. I think he is the worst doctor ever , I wish I never let him increase my meds to thses levels, I guess its his fault I'm now addicted ....yay.....I read many negative remarks about Dr Engfield and for some reason they are all deleted. I wonder why that is. I bet they will erase this one too. Go for it, I will just repost another one. Everyone should know the truth and what they are in for with him.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Sad to think that people suffering chronic pain are dependent upon a doctor who fails to respect people's time. I have had appointments that were more than an hour and a half behind schedule. More than an hour behind schedule is routine in his office. I value my time. Apparently the GREAT Dr. Engfield feels he is more important than his patients. He should learn about respecting other people's time and the efforts they make to get to get to an appointment on time. I will be seeking another doctor which I know will not be easy. But, I have had my fill of his attitude.

Submitted July 12, 2017

I saw Dr. Engfield 12 years ago in the Hull (Gatineau) emergency. I was hospitalised for an acute pencreantitis at 19. He has been so curious about my case since about 1, I was very Young for an acute pencreantitis, but also because what was causing it was my triglycerides that were at 42 (normal is Under 1.8). He was very kind, he tried very hard to speak to me in french even after I told him it was ok for him to speak to me in English. He also kept bending over in half (considering how tall he is) to speak to me since I could not sit up in my bed because of the pain and I was on pretty strong pain killers. When I was doing a bit better, he brought me a whole bunch of documentation on what to do to minimise my chances of having another acute pancreatitis. I thought he was very compassionate and I really appreciated all the care he gave me.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I saw Dr. Engfield for approximately a year and a half. In that time he kept upping my pain medication, opiods, to an astronomical amount. When I got habituated to the drugs, he kicked me out of his practice without even hearing what my experience was. He has I'm God syndrome, does not take ANY responsibility for his role in getting people addicted to opiods. I have now been working for 2 years to recover from this awful experience. He is, like someone said, a drug pusher , with a medical licence. I guess he's left the pain treatment field, by looking at this post. I wish I never saw this Dr. ..worst experience of my life.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Really nice person and great doctor.Would recommend him to anyone suffering from chronic pain. He goes above and beyond what is required to try and help patients.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Engfield to a few years for chronic pain and am going to echo what most here have sai. He is a kind doctor who truly wants his patients to succeed. Even when we have had a conflict of opinion, he always look time to listen and give thoughtful, gentle feedback. I gave 4 for punctuality because appointments are sometimes a little late, but I that is because he is so invested in his patients and spends time to answer questions and

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Dr. Engfield has been my doctor for exactly 3 years now....I know because my first appointment with him made such an impact on me. Initially, I was very hesitant about going but my husband was hopeful and asked that I give Dr. Engfield a chance, that maybe he could help, and that maybe he would be different....so I went. I'm now "forced" to say my husband was right. Aside from pain issues, I also have a lot of difficulty going to see male doctors, any male doctor, for any reason, but Dr. Engfield's personality, and his genuine kindness and compassion, shattered all walls of fear I initially walked in with, allowing me to quickly feel safe and secure, That's not an easy task with me. Early on I felt I connected easily with Dr. Engfield, and throughout the years he has shown himself to be very knowledgable, thorough & patient with me. He has attacked my pain from different angles...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but always there's thoughtful effort and empathy.. For me to walk away from my appointments feeling understood, listened to, & believed...those are gifts you just don't find everywhere, and in the world of chronic pain, especially these days, that's pretty special. Dr. Engfield has been dedicated and determined in his efforts in helping me find safe, effective methods of pain relief. Given that my pain will be a permanent fixture in my life, I often tease him about growing old together...although I'm not really teasing,...in all seriousness...the honest truth is I'd be totally lost without him. I find him to be one of the most genuine, caring, dedicated doctors I've ever had, and I know that I'm damned lucky to be in his care...."care" being the key word! His sense of humour is always refreshing and appreciated, brightening even my darkest days, and he's the one person who shows up every week to help me deal with my pain. To say I'm grateful is an understatement, The staff are friendly, professional, and caring....who could ask for more! Dr. Engfield, if you're reading this, I want to thank you for everything you do, and for being the kind, caring, gentle, careful person you are. Please...don't ever change! You're a gifted doctor and I appreciate you very much. Many thanks from the bottom of my heart, Charlotte G

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Caution with him, he will fire you and call the cops on you and have you arrested if you break opiod contract. He is a horrible doctor. He will fire u without warning and throw you on methadone. Be careful!!!!!! His staff write the nice comments. All fake

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr Engfield any thing i can say is not good so i am saying nothing atalll.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017