Ratings for Dr. Marc Engfield

Dr. Engfield is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever been under the care of. Even though he is extremely busy, he takes time to answer questions with fantastic explanation and detail and is extremely effective in formulating a treatment plan. I was almost at the end of my rope when I met Dr. Engfield but with his help, he has helped improve my health and quality of life exuberantly.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Amazing approach to my hypothyroid care. I trust him 100%, he LISTENS and he actually cares. I also love his big brain and everything he's educated me about, some of which I sincerely did not know. Don't tell my spouse, but he's also easy on the eyes LOL. I'm finally for once excited about my future (health wise) and I have the energy to get up in the morning!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

I found Dr. Engfield about 3 years ago, when I was desperate for a doctor who would understand my illness despite standard medical tests showing "normal" results. I also came with paperwork from my disability insurance company that intimidated other doctors. As a result, I was without an income, physically and emotionally very ill. Dr. Engfield welcomed me; he was empathetic rather than critical and patronizing; he was compassionate and patient; he completed my paperwork with ease and reframed my experience, deflating "the monster that was chasing me." That was the beginning of the process of getting my life back, and of winning my case for disability benefits. I understand why patients call Dr. Engfield an angel. I owe my income, and perhaps my life, to him. He is a model for other doctors. -Judy

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Dr. Engfield exemplifies professionalism in medical care, treatment and follow up. In my case, he allowed time for a very thorough discussion of my health concerns. He provided a thorough assessment and logical evaluation of my signs and symptoms, and carefully considered laboratory test results to provide me with an appropriate treatment approach. Notably, he listened to my experience and accepted what I had to say. Not only is this very refreshing, it is also highly effective in setting us on the right track for evaluation, correct diagnosis of hormonal conditions and thus an effective personal treatment approach. He also demonstrates skill and thoughtful reflection in combining traditional medicine with natural and alternative approaches. Unlike much of the medical community, he does not prescribe to the one minute diagnosis-treatment approach; nor is he governed by conventional, outdated thinking or ruled by rigid numbers. Specifically, he has successfully treated my severe menstrual disorder and a highly disruptive level of abnormal fatigue for which other MDs were unable to fix or uninterested in finding the route cause. My life balance is back: my energy is back, my personality is back, my health is back, my joy, my spunk, my interpersonal relations, my athleticism and my motivation. Pretty fundamental but so easy to loose! thank you to Dr. Engfield for working it out and ensuring I was having success with my natural treatment plan. (P.S. all bookings have been easy, appointments have been on time, without a single hitch, and they are even pleasant!)

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

As a result of Dr. Engfeild's hormone therapy, I am not aging in the typical manner. At fifty eight years old, I am stronger and healthier now than I ever have been. I have been in stable remission from my Rheumatoid arthritis for the last couple of years under his care. My stamina, my endurance and my resistance have all improved. I run my own martial art's school, teaching the internal arts from mid morning well onto the late evening without difficulty keeping up, and my own skills in the art are improving. Many martial artists are forced to stop, because the joints can't keep up, but in my case, inspite of my history with R.A. I'm still trucking on. I have many creative projects underway, and many fields of interests I'm avidly pursuing, because good health can lead to renewed passion for life.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Dr. Engfield changed my life! I had been diagnosed with everything from menopause, to anxiety, to depression, to osteoarthritis, to carpal tunnel. After my first appointment with Dr. Engfield, he listened and put all the pieces together to give me a reasonable diagnosis and the tools to start my recovery. He is amazing and so very kind. I really cannot say enough good about him.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

My son was left by our family Dr, suffering from exhaustion, insomnia, depression, anxiety, mental disfunction; memory loss, lack of concentration. He was unable to attend school, unable to function more than an hour a day. He was in bed the majority of the day. When our Dr. could not figure out what was wrong, she told me to leave him alone, as if it was my fault for his symptoms. Dr. Engfield, listened compassionately. He understood that it is important to hear the symptoms. My son, after 4 years of incapacity, was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. He was treated with thyroid meds, and is now able to function much better after a short time. We continue to see Dr. Enfield to try to optimize his health, but the improvement we have seen in such a short time is miraculous. In June my son will graduate high school, we truly did not think he would be able to get through a single course, let alone graduate an honours student. We are very grateful for his thoughtful and openminded care. I gave a 4 star for punctuality, as he is often a bit late, but I attribute this to old fashioned medical care, where the Dr. actually listens and gives you the time you need. I do NOT mind waiting, as I know we will be treated with the same consideration when we meet with him. I have no hesitation to say that His care saved my son.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Marc Engfield is my hero. I had been living in QC for years and unable to get a family physician though I had recurring pancreatitis 3x. Three major hospitalizations and lack of medical follow up on my condition, had influenced me negatively on the subject of doctors until I met Dr Engfield. We met while I was hospitalized for acute pancreatitis in October 2011 and he was the first doctor I ever spoke to who seemed to actually listen. I begged him to take me as a patient once I left the hospital fearing that again I would be left unmonitored and risk another pancreatitis. He has seen me since then and has helped diagnose me with hormonal imbalance resulting in hypothyroidism, diabetes, chronic inflammation and estrogen dominance. I have been struggling for years exercising and eating right and nothing seemed to make any difference. I felt very alone, scared and helpless before meeting Dr. Engfield. He is very kind, attentive and truly caring and has never given up on helping me. What I also really like about his practice is that he has an integrative approach to medicine and he explains things in a way that people can understand. He demystifies hormones! I jokingly refer to him as the "Hormone Whisperer"! For the first time in more than 10 years, I feel good. I am losing weight and all my hypothyroidism symptoms are diminishing. I am very happy to recommend Dr. Marc Engfield to anyone dealing with chronic pain, metabolism and hormone issues.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

I would NOT recommend Dr. Marc Engfield. My experience under his care was terrible. His knowledge and understanding of bio identical hormones was incredibly lacking and his recommended treatment caused me and my body great distress. He has also moved his practice to many different clinics in Ottawa , Vancouver and now Wakefield Quebec. Money seems to be a great motivator. Large initial fee, monthly payments, and he will suggest that you see his colleagues for additional support but fails to advise you that he receives referral compensation each visit. I was fortunate enough to leave his care and find a true hormone expert and have never felt better.

Submitted January 6, 2015

Dr. Marc Engfield's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Engfield is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever been under the care of. Even though he is extremely busy, he takes time to answer questions..."

January 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is a great doctor, extremely knowledgeable, caring and helpful. You always feel like you're his #1 priority. "

January 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing approach to my hypothyroid care. I trust him 100%, he LISTENS and he actually cares. I also love his big brain and everything he's educated me about, so..."

October 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Engfield about 3 years ago, when I was desperate for a doctor who would understand my illness despite standard medical tests showing "normal" result..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Engfield exemplifies professionalism in medical care, treatment and follow up. In my case, he allowed time for a very thorough discussion of my health conc..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As a result of Dr. Engfeild's hormone therapy, I am not aging in the typical manner. At fifty eight years old, I am stronger and healthier now than I ever have..."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Engfield changed my life! I had been diagnosed with everything from menopause, to anxiety, to depression, to osteoarthritis, to carpal tunnel. After my fi..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My son was left by our family Dr, suffering from exhaustion, insomnia, depression, anxiety, mental disfunction; memory loss, lack of concentration. He was unab..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Marc Engfield is my hero. I had been living in QC for years and unable to get a family physician though I had recurring pancreatitis 3x. Three major hospi..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I would NOT recommend Dr. Marc Engfield. My experience under his care was terrible. His knowledge and understanding of bio identical hormones was incredibly l..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I started working with Dr. Engfield exactly when my body needed the support. My hormone levels were out of balance, adrenal fatigue approaching burn out and un..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Engfield is the only doctor who took my hypothyroidism seriously when I explained all my symptoms. Two other doctors didn't even discuss my results with me...."

November 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I first came to see Dr. Engfield I had been to a slew of specialists who were only looking at my symptoms but had no interest in their root. My Endo was al..."

September 11, 2014
  • City changed from "St. John" to "Ottawa", State changed from "NB" to "ON"

January 6, 2012