Ratings for Dr. Marc Engfield

If there had been a negative rating for punctuality I would have given it! For the last 2 appt.s I've waited +2hrs. and +2.5hrs respectively. I've been told that it's common practice for CPM to double book clients/patients. He ONLY works 2.5 DAYS/week! I've had the office lose/forget my appts TWICE! Nurses there are not the greatest. They will refuse to call him even if it's urgent with one (Lindia, who is SUPER condescending, maybe she hates her job, maybe she'd be happier unemployed?) even telling me to go to the hospital where I'd have to go through withdrawal (due to an error on his part for miscalculating the # of days between appts and the # of meds given) and be labelled an addict, she said it was MY problem and NOT hers! Nice. I've brought ideas for medications (non-opioid) to him, some he's never heard of, and I wonder how this can be HIS specialty and yet I'M the one coming up with other (not necessarily new to market) possible medications and ideas?? And very recently he's been found negligent in his duties as a medical care giver and in his duties in prescribing opioids/narcotics (http://www.cpso.on.ca/public-register/doctor-details.aspx?view=4&id=%2078968), the link details the findings of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. For the coming near future EVERY prescription will have to be justified and confirmed as necessary by a supervisor. If only it didn't take YEARS to get in to see another Pain Specialist....

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I would not recommend Dr Enfield for pain management unless u just want pain killers and get hooked on them. He has no problem increasing your medication to ridiculous levels, then he will fire u in a heart beat and your ONLY option is methadone therapy. If u want to be labelled a "drug addict" after being discharged that's exactly what will happen to you. He will kick u off your opiods and then your only option is to get methadone !!!if I had known this I would never have had him in the first place. You will be treated like a second class citizen and like an addict. You will be subjected to daily urine tests and u have to go every single day to the pharmacy to get methadone to help with the severe withdrawal. If that's what u want for your future see Dr Enfield. He is such a fraud. He pretends to care, he pretends to listen and be empathetic but its all an act. All the ladies like him because he is a huge flirt, totally unprofessionally! That's why all the ladies like him trust me. He will get you hooked on opiods then fire you on a whim and your only option is methadone. Picture this people! You are in severe pain, on a ton of opiods then he fires u and u go to the methadone clinic with all the crackheads in Vanier are there too. You will be treated just like them! You will be treated like dirt. He likes to play God with your life! He is probably the worst human being/doctor I have ever come across. He has a total lack of compassion. I wish I could throw him on a ton of pain killers then give him methadone treatment for chronic pain and see how he likes it!!!! This is your future if you have him as your pain doctor.........he is a sorry excuse of a doctor. He is the scum of the earth as far as I'm concerned. He should have went into acting, he would win an academy award for sure. He does not care about u or your future, just his paycheck. Happy trails!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I saw Dr. Engfield 12 years ago in the Hull (Gatineau) emergency. I was hospitalised for an acute pencreantitis at 19. He has been so curious about my case since about 1, I was very Young for an acute pencreantitis, but also because what was causing it was my triglycerides that were at 42 (normal is Under 1.8). He was very kind, he tried very hard to speak to me in french even after I told him it was ok for him to speak to me in English. He also kept bending over in half (considering how tall he is) to speak to me since I could not sit up in my bed because of the pain and I was on pretty strong pain killers. When I was doing a bit better, he brought me a whole bunch of documentation on what to do to minimise my chances of having another acute pancreatitis. I thought he was very compassionate and I really appreciated all the care he gave me.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

I saw Dr. Engfield for approximately a year and a half. In that time he kept upping my pain medication, opiods, to an astronomical amount. When I got habituated to the drugs, he kicked me out of his practice without even hearing what my experience was. He has I'm God syndrome, does not take ANY responsibility for his role in getting people addicted to opiods. I have now been working for 2 years to recover from this awful experience. He is, like someone said, a drug pusher , with a medical licence. I guess he's left the pain treatment field, by looking at this post. I wish I never saw this Dr. ..worst experience of my life.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Really nice person and great doctor.Would recommend him to anyone suffering from chronic pain. He goes above and beyond what is required to try and help patients.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Engfield to a few years for chronic pain and am going to echo what most here have sai. He is a kind doctor who truly wants his patients to succeed. Even when we have had a conflict of opinion, he always look time to listen and give thoughtful, gentle feedback. I gave 4 for punctuality because appointments are sometimes a little late, but I that is because he is so invested in his patients and spends time to answer questions and

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Dr. Engfield has been my doctor for exactly 3 years now....I know because my first appointment with him made such an impact on me. Initially, I was very hesitant about going but my husband was hopeful and asked that I give Dr. Engfield a chance, that maybe he could help, and that maybe he would be different....so I went. I'm now "forced" to say my husband was right. Aside from pain issues, I also have a lot of difficulty going to see male doctors, any male doctor, for any reason, but Dr. Engfield's personality, and his genuine kindness and compassion, shattered all walls of fear I initially walked in with, allowing me to quickly feel safe and secure, That's not an easy task with me. Early on I felt I connected easily with Dr. Engfield, and throughout the years he has shown himself to be very knowledgable, thorough & patient with me. He has attacked my pain from different angles...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but always there's thoughtful effort and empathy.. For me to walk away from my appointments feeling understood, listened to, & believed...those are gifts you just don't find everywhere, and in the world of chronic pain, especially these days, that's pretty special. Dr. Engfield has been dedicated and determined in his efforts in helping me find safe, effective methods of pain relief. Given that my pain will be a permanent fixture in my life, I often tease him about growing old together...although I'm not really teasing,...in all seriousness...the honest truth is I'd be totally lost without him. I find him to be one of the most genuine, caring, dedicated doctors I've ever had, and I know that I'm damned lucky to be in his care...."care" being the key word! His sense of humour is always refreshing and appreciated, brightening even my darkest days, and he's the one person who shows up every week to help me deal with my pain. To say I'm grateful is an understatement, The staff are friendly, professional, and caring....who could ask for more! Dr. Engfield, if you're reading this, I want to thank you for everything you do, and for being the kind, caring, gentle, careful person you are. Please...don't ever change! You're a gifted doctor and I appreciate you very much. Many thanks from the bottom of my heart, Charlotte G

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Caution with him, he will fire you and call the cops on you and have you arrested if you break opiod contract. He is a horrible doctor. He will fire u without warning and throw you on methadone. Be careful!!!!!! His staff write the nice comments. All fake

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr Engfield any thing i can say is not good so i am saying nothing atalll.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

His care is dedicated. I have been under the care of Dr. Engfield for 2 years and I have always left appointments feeling safe, cared for and confident in his plan for me.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016