Ratings for Dr. Bergstrome

Did a facelift on me while he was at Rouge Valley hospital....He was just the anesthesiologist yet put me so at ease.......Love the doctor!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

Was referred to this doctor by my local plastic surgeon. Had questions regarding anesthesia for a procedure I was getting done in a third world country. Actually met the doctor and gave me a good 30 or more minutes of his time free of charge to answer all my questions and his email if I had more. That is service beyond the expected in my book. And the lady with her son case, great to comfort your kids, but in an operating room I trust a doctor more than holding a hand or caressing a child if it might interfere with bringing health to the patient. I mean, lady, these doctors have studied ages and probably have good reasons sometimes not to have relatives in operating rooms! But then, that's not the issue here in my case.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

Professional, caring and helpful. Gave me a great anesthetic for my bowel surgery. Maybe you should stop whining lady and let the doctor do his job without interference. Maybe the safest anesthetic was one where you didn't interfere... it is possible to kill people putting you to sleep and perhaps he felt it was best to take of your son and not you.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2007

This doctor was rude, cruel and arrogant to me and by extension, my son, prior to my son's surgery. My son was five at the time and he wanted me to come into the operating room. He was frightened and this was his second surgery (his father had been allowed to accompany him before). Dr. Bergstrome told me, in a very condescending manner, that it was his call and that he "didn't like what he saw" and he didn't want me to come in to the o.r. After consulting with the surgeon, he allowed me to come in, but clearly resented my presence. As my son was fighting the placement of the mask on his face, I stroked his back. Dr. Bergstrome flicked my hand away and made it clear that I was not to comfort my son. Before my son was "out", he ordered me to leave. After the surgery, he came to the waiting area to tell me how wrong I was to come in. He undermined my ability to be a source of strength for my son on that day.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007