Ratings for Dr. Richard van der Jagt

I was diagnosed with AML while in the process of moving from Montreal to Ottawa. After receiving my initial chemo at the Montreal Jewish General, I was transferred to The Ottawa General with Dr. M. Sabloff. After reading my file and assessing my situation, Dr Sabloff suggested that I would be a good candidate for Dr Van der Jagt's team. They asked me if I would participate in a clinical study by taking a new drug. I became a failed candidate to complete the study as my blood levels did not meet their minimum standards. However, Dr VdJ said that he wanted to keep me as a patient. This became the best advice. I had two more rounds of chemo, many transfusions, several bone marrow tests, and multiple visits to Module L. Dr VdJ was always there for both my wife and me. He answered our questions and concerns with a professional and empathetic approach. Even after he told me that I had graduated after six years, he was always approachable by telephone by promptly returning my calls. It is without reservation that I would recommend Dr VdJ as a A1 physician. Research monies would be wisely used for any of his future endeavours in blood cancer studies.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

He is my oncologist and I find him to be very compassionate, respectful and kind.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

He saved my life. I had very bad anemia that landed me in emergency care and he was the one I saw early on a Sunday morning to check for blood clots at the hospital because the emerg docs had tentatively diagnosed me with a pulmonary embolism and had pumped me up with a blood thinner. Mercifully it was not an embolism. Dr. van derJagt is kind, thoughtful, funny, reassuring, and very knowledgeable, answerd all my questions and he solved the puzzle of what was causing the anemia and sent me to some great specialists - the best of which was a gastroenterologist at the General , Dr. Nav Saloojee who like Dr. van Der Jagt was just wonderful. Cannot recommend him highly enough. A genius diagnostician anda real hero to is patients.

Submitted February 17, 2017

Care delivery is very important to him, Dr. V takes time to his research on patient care delivery, he was very supportive to my son's, and my family and others that suffer from the same disease that invaded my son's body, he is also very knowledgeable and understand the complexity of the disease. I am grateful and respectful of his work ethics. Blessings to you and to those you journeys with you during those raining days, because you will need a friend like him . I did

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Dr. Van der Jagt is thorough. He leaves "No Stone Unturned". I have just finished my fifth year of remission. He is great in keeping my family doctor informed.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. VDJ is an amazing dr. He takes the time every time. If there is anything wrong with you he will find it, even if it is not his expertise. I love that he greets you and not a nurse, and that every time he does a thorough review if your file. Anyone would be lucky to have him as a Dr.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

compassionate and understanding. He always has been on time and hasa been very articulate in answering my questions.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

High knowledge and devoted to his patient specialist. Positive and helpful with all of my concerns. Patient, friendly and listens and answers all of my concerns and questions. Give me the time I need with every visits. Excellent specialist. Cares a lot about his patient. In remission for over 3 years and still sees me every 6 months. Happy to be under his care.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

From day one he has been awesome to work with. Approachable, considerate and knowledgable. I'm greatful to be under his care. One year after the end of my treatments and still going strong with no issue to speak of. Thanks you. Taha G

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Great doctor who is extremely helpful. My husband went in for a small issue but since my husband has previous medical issues he decided to check for everything to be safe. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015