Dr. Ira Bernstein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ira Bernstein

I have been seeing Dr.Bernstein for most of my life and now my husband goes to him as well. When my kids are a bit older, we will take them to him as well. He goes above and beyond what most doctors would do for their patients and I am beyond grateful to have him as my Doctor. He is kind, compassionate and warm- i wouldnt feel comfortable going to anyone else.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Great doctor! Very knowledgeable, caring, patient, and nice!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I would like to book a consultation appointment with Dr. Berstein re menieres. I will be travelling to Mississauga in the next few weeks.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

really great doctor. had the pleasure of meeting him not too long ago and he took me on as his patient. he spends a good amount of time with you during your visits- thanks !

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Bernstein is a true hero. He literally saved my life with his astute command of medicine. His passion for his profession is second to none. Few people go above and beyond the way he does. I feel luck to be his patient.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Very thorough, patient and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr. Bernstein is the best physician anyone can hope for. He has been my doctor since the day he began practicing medicine, over 25 years ago. He addresses concerns immediately, always makes time for things that his patients deem important, and takes great care in his assessments and diagnoses. He goes above and beyond what would be reasonably expected. I have referred several individuals to him over the years as a testament to the faith and confidence I have in his abilities.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr Bernstein has been my GP for over 10 years. Incredible Doctor that cares about his patients, never rushes your appt, up to date with new technologies and overall a great, caring human.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

We have been patients of Dr. Bernstein for many years, he is an amazing Doctor. He is patient, and very knowledgeable. He will never make you feel rushed , like some doctors do. He is a one of a kind. He has always been compassionate and caring, and always willing to listen. both me and my wife have been patients of his & we would never ever consider changing for another doctor. He has always demonstrated a concern for more than just our physical welfare. We cannot overstate how wonderful he has been for us. As parents, We would never recommend someone that we distrusted, to our children, but we were quite secure in the knowledge that our son is also Dr. Bernstein's patient. Dr. Bernstein is a credit to his profession and deserving all praise, as well as an asset to the community. Please Dr. Bernstein, never retire, we need more people like you!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I cannot say I was happy with the quality of care I received from this doctor. He was referred to me from a friend who was happy with him, so I thought I would be too, but when his diagnosis was challenged by another doctor, he backed down and did not defend his own diagnosis - he scampered away like a scared little mouse and I prefer to have a doctor who knows what he is doing, believes in his tests, results and diagnosis and is willing to stand up for his patient and stand behind his own results. I never heard of a doctor that did not defend himself, his results and his patient. If you are relatively healthy and have no problems, I am sure he is an adequate physician, but if you have a severe issue, I would urge you to go to a doctor who is confident in his skills and education and if not sure of his results, take them again and stand behind them.

Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Ira Bernstein

Dr. Ira Bernstein's response
It would be helpful if this review was written by an actual patient, based on actual events. However, this appears to be completely fictitious and to the best of my knowledge does not represent any patient clinical encounter. My patients can take comfort in my skills and knowledge as a family physician and my relentless pursuit to continually improve my medical education. A "scared little mouse" comparison is rather humorous but it appears to be fabricated. If this was actually written by a patient, I would be most happy to discuss the issues raised.

Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr. Ira Bernstein's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Family physician since 1992, serving the community with a passion. I have interests in both traditional as well as integrative (functional) medicine. I emphasize health promotion and disease prevention and encourage optimal nutrition in order to reduce the risk of chronic degenerative diseases which can be so difficult to manage. I am actively engaged with the medical care on the mental health inpatients at my regional hospital.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1990)