Ratings for Dr. Aneil M. Shirke

Dr. Shirke is a highly responsible, compassionate and all-around outstanding psychiatrist who helped lift me out of the most difficult era of my life. I contacted him on the recommendation of a Columbia Univ. psychiatric researcher after my efforts to get help at two different psychiatric clinics made me worse. I couldn't afford Dr. Shirke's rate, but with incredible generosity, he drastically reduced my costs so I could see him. His help has been key to improving my life. He's slightly more formal than I'd wish, but after the degradation I suffered before meeting him, his formality might be helping me heal. I agree with another reviewer that most other doctors seem focused on money, but with me, Dr. Shirke distinguished himself from other doctors in caring about my welfare to the exclusion of money. I can't say enough good stuff about this guy. I'm not sure I'd still be alive without him, and I definitely wouldn't be as functional or content.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Smart.Caring.Attentive.Responsive.Humane.Professional.Insightful.Challenging.Experienced.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

like most doctors, he's only there to help while he's getting paid. I've called him in times of crisis just to be told that we'd 'talk about it next week'. If you're thinking about going to him, my input is that he will be indifferent to your troubles.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Dr. Aneil M. Shirke's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)