Ratings for Dr. Norman Yee

I've seen many physicians due to chronic health problems. Dr Yee is very thorough, educational, and able to address small and big-picture issues. Listens carefully, refers to tests/labs, and communicates well!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Norman Yee is not detailed oriented. He rushes through things. He failed to give proper diagnosis which delays proper treatment. It took a walk in medical clinic doctor to give the correct diagnosis.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I am very lucky to have Dr. Yee as a Doctor. He helped me though one of the sickest times in my life.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr Yee is by far the best doc i've ever had. Very lucky to have him take care of me.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr Yee was my doctor for 14 years, and the doctor to my children as well. I am very sad that he has chosen to leave his practice, although I understand there must have been a good reason for it. He was the only doctor to understand me through all my health issues (both body and mind), and to treat me accordingly.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

After about 10 years as his patient I think he prescribes meds too quickly without figuring out the entire scenario. I have been mis-prescribed meds by him twice, his diagnosis was wrong. He jumps to conclusions, makes assumptions and never really invetigates anything too closely. It's always one of two situations, he quckly assesses problems and may or just as often, may not get it right. Or he listens for a minute and very quickly decides a specialist is needed and refers the patient somewhere else. He's a really nice personable guy...a good doctor for only a certain type of patient, a healthy one.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Yee for over three years. In that time period, Dr. Yee has not once touched me physically. He likes to rush people through with a perscription, or referral to a specialist. I have had many surgeries, and have several chronic conditions. Right now, I have a large abdominal blood clot, a complication of my recent hip replacement surgery. The size of the clot hasn't reduced in almost 7 weeks time, and I am now experiencing considerable pain in the general area of the clot. I visited Dr. Yee today. He told me that it mattered not how many tests or scans they did, they were not going to find out what was wrong with me. HOW STRANGE, with no physical examination, no tests at all. He finally said he would refer me to a specialist, which will take several months. It is my impression, that Dr. Yee would like to rid himself of me. I require too much effort. My needs are complicated, and he just doesn't want to make the effort. I know several others who feel the same way.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

I only went to see Doctor Yess a couple of times and then I moved away from Calgary so I had to find another doctor. I really enjoyed his helpful attitude and knowledge. The clinic was also very clean, professional, and timely.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2009

Dr. Yee has been our family doc for over 15 years. He is very knowledgeable, friendly, and has a great rapport with his patients. He correctly diagnosed a condition I had after it was missed and misdiagnosed by at least 3 other doctors. He doesn't just give you antibiotics and send you away. He actually spends time with his patients, probably to the detriment of his own practice. My only complaint is he is nearly impossible to get an appointment with if you need to see him quickly.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

If you need an Ultrasound or MRI get a second opinion. He is a good doctor for general, but if you have any lumps or bumps, insist on getting an internal exam by ultrasound or MRI. I nearly died because of a 15 centimeter cyst that was wrapped around my internal organs! I had discussed the pains and bumps with him. He felt them and said it was okay, for 3 years that was they way it went! Until I was on vacationing in Red Deer and had to have emergency surgery. Coughs, colds, warts, pox, etc he is good with, and he has a great repoire with children!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008