Ratings for Dr. Mouna G. Sfeir

I am an individual that has had chronic health problems accompanied by chronic pain for over 4 years now. Dr. Sfeir was the first psychiatrist I had seen for help with a number of issues (Not being able to process information, severe depression, anxiety, etc) She started me on an SNRI for depression which did nothing. Following that initial medication I was placed on 4 different meds in the same class with absolutely no improvement. After months I inquired more into the anxiety portion of my symptoms which she replied, "I didn't realize it was that bad" Even though I had explicitly expressed the details of the situation from the beginning. After that she tried 3 different anxiety medications (All off-label anxiety treatment meds) which gave me even more anxiety. I felt like I was having medications thrown at me without proper understanding of my situation. At one point she claimed (and i quote) "You are not ill" Which does not reflect my tract record as I have seen many doctors and have even visited the Mayo clinic in MN. During visits I always felt rushed and unheard. I felt like I was just another patient for her to get her paycheck and then get me out the door. The lack of understanding my situation aside; I was never able to communicate with her. Any time I would have questions or problems with my medications it seemed like I was inconveniencing her for me to bring it up. The cherry on top is that her office staff was the rudest staff I have ever dealt with. At one point, when in crisis, they told me there was literally nothing that could be done. I understand that in some situations options are limited but the attitude and unwillingness to help was extremely unprofessional. Within 1 appointment with a new psychiatrist I have already received relief from symptoms and improvement in overall well being. I am able to work again and have a better quality of life with the relationships around me. I received none of that care through Dr. Sfeir and would strongly recommend using a different psychiatrist if you are considering her as an option.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr. Sfeir is insightful and explains things thoroughly. She takes time to answer questions. The therapist she recommended for me turned out to be excellent (after going through 6 others who were duds I had lost hope, but this one was perfect for me).

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Seems to not care much about her patients and is very cold-mannered. It is very difficult to get her to re-fill prescriptions on time. The receptionist in her office is rude as well. Would not recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Takes as much time as needed, very helpful and caring. Very smart. Insightful. I highly recommend Dr Sfeir.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

She is very knowledgeable and sincerely wants to help: an excellent doctor. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

she is a very good doctor. She explains everything very well. She listens and she answers any questions I may have. She takes time with each of her patients. she is one of the best I know of in the city of Austin.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008