Ratings for Dr. Daniel Selchen

My wife has been going to Dr. Selchen for 7 years now and things have not changed with this man. He is rude, arrogant and has no concern for his patients what so ever. We have been waiting 6 months for him to fill out a form to get funding for her meds. Last visit after waiting 4 months I asked him about the form, he just said the drug company will have to wait. I have now filed a complaint with St. Mikes Hospital. Never seen a worse Dr.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Love him ! He does give the impression of a mad scientist but he is knowledgeable, caring and polite. His office may be messy but he has a huge case load to deal with which has outgrown the tiny office provided

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

I have had great communication and rapport with my neurologist and with any docs undergoing training. However, my experience with the nursing staff, and social worker has been abysmal at best. In my experience, they are an epic fail at communicating with patients, and downright inadequate at addressing patient concerns. The social worker offered me no support when I was the one who distinctly reached out and asked for it, yet she had the audacity to document that I declined any supports offered....seriously??!! How does she get away with something like this?! I often wonder just how much is missed until it is too late (all at the patient’s expense), due to fact that the nursing and allied health staff get away with running an inadequate provision of care. I should add that there is one registration clerk that could be grouped in with these other irresponsible employees. I am not sure if she is still there or not...didn’t see her at my last visit, so hopefully someone saw the light and got rid of her. Anyhow, one of the technician’s that does testing suggested that this one receptionist/clinic clerk was known to be a nasty specimen, and said I would be wise to report her to the hospital’s patient advocacy people. Unfortunately , when I went to do just that, there was nobody available to field my concern. So, overall, my view is that the expertise of the docs is invaluable, but you run the risk of not getting to access this expertise, if you are caught up in the damaging storm of communication (or lack there of) with the rest of the staff that is responsible for putting your concerns through to docs. Sad state of affairs really... Way too much power given to non-physician staff for determining if or when patient concerns are relayed to treating docs.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

If you have a traumatic brain injury don’t waste your time with him. He needs more education regarding brain injuries....I hope he reads tho so he can get some continuing education.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

this man is a joke. to have him hold peoples lives in his hands is a total outrage.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

He has been very helpful. His extensive knowledge of MS and his understanding of what I am going through. I am very fortunate to have a kind, helpful and very knowledgeable Dr. Thank you Dr. Selchen you are very much appreciated.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Great doctor, low key but very professional. He is worth the wait when schedules go crazy. Would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

The reviews below prepared us well for our initial meeting with Dr Selchen. The resident who did intake was super personable, and yeah, Dr Selchen is a bit of a mad scientist type - which is exactly what you want from a neurologist. Sure, he talks tech with the resident while you're in the room, but you can google that stuff later (take notes!), and yeah, his office is messy, but he can find anything in that stack of files within seconds. He's a quirky einstein-y kinda guy with a dry sense of humour. His style worked for us, but sure, it might not work for everyone. Basically - read every review on these pages: individually, they're meaningless, but in aggregate, they give you a good sense of what to expect from Dr. Selchen.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Dr. Selchen became my doctor after Dr O'Connor (who had been my doctor for over a debate) retired. I used to have regular check-ups (each 6 months) and MRIs (annually) in addition to symptom-specific checkups and MRIs. In the last 2 years, Dr Selchen has only scheduled one checkup and no MRIs. He was tardy for the checkup and instead of speaking to me, she spoke to his resident. I was hardly a bystander. The appointment lasted mere minutes.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Selchen has the messiest office I have ever seen, but he knew where things were. I asked my GP to refer me to him. I really liked his manner and sense of humour. There wasn't really that much he could do, other than what had already been done. I feel he is very well qualified.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016