Ratings for Dr. M. Omar Mohabbat

Dr. Mohabbat was the wrong doctor for me. For 8 years he misdiagnosis my symptoms and mismanaged my meds. Finding another doctor may have saved my life.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr. Mohabbat is the best Doctor anywhere. He is very caring of his patients.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Called on Mon. to report urgent issues with a very close family member. Wanted to give pertinent info regarding pt. Doc would not speak with me over the phone. Forced me to register as a pt. just so I could give him info. I filled out approx. 15 pages of info regarding myself and my history of mental illness (which I have none)just to be able to talk to this doc. I was NOT asking him to give me info yet wanting to give him info. That would not be a violation of HIPPA. Finally got appt. on Friday of same week. I asked that he no longer give family member certain meds as they were being abused. He stated he would give what he thought was good for the pt. The pt. had spent 10 days & nights in bed. When I demanded he NOT give the meds he said "He no longer my pt."! He is not a caring dr. Also wanted to know why i waited so long to notify him of pt. condition...well it took him from Mon-Fri to even see me. His speech was broken (very poor English) and slurred. Terrible Dr.!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

The Doc didn't want to hear my input, he put me on new meds which Did not work. He refused to listen to me when I told him the old meds worked and also seemed to not want my partner there when other (Husbands and Wives) were going in together. He gave a response to my partner that "Bipolars do that" Instead of any beneficial information. The Last time I saw him and after I gave his meds a chance to work and they did not he just told me to find another Doctor. Not very caring!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Dr.Mohabbat is a very smart man, he doesn't just give a patient their medicine, he talks to them about what they are going through. I used to suffer depression and I don't need to take medication for it anymore, I'm able to consult with him about it and vent out my emotions and it honestly make me feel happy knowing I have someone to talk to and that medication isn't the answer to everything

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

The secretary is very nice (though as previous poster said, very disorganized). I felt Dr. Mohabbat was very patronizing and unwilling to work with me regarding payment plan options. Every visit cost me $140 out of pocket because insurance did not cover...and he wanted to see me once a month. Instead of writing my presciption (a very basic prescription--a contolled substance...but a very common controlled substance ((one that MOST primary care doctors would prescribe, however mine would not...))) for 6-8 weeks, he insisted on me coming in to meet with him for five minutes to get my presciption monthly. It got to be more than I could afford, so I had to stop going to him.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

DR. MOHABBAT IS MY HERO HE SAVED MY LIFE AND TAUGHT ME SO MUCH IN A PROFESSIONAL, EDUCATED AS WELL AS COMPASSIONATE MANNOR, PEOPLE SUCH AS HE MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008

Dr. Mohabbat helped me tremendously. he diagnosed my symptoms correctly and it turns out that i was suffering from depression. He helped me understand what I was going through, and through the proper medication and therapy, I am on the long road to recovery. I would highly recommend anyone to him because he is knowledgable not only from a medical standpoint, but he has years of personal and professional standpoint. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2008

Dr. Mohabbat is one the best doctors I have gone to i suffer from depression. He or his staff every month to check on me and to track my progress even when i dont have an appointment

flag | Submitted August 4, 2007

I checked into a local hospital for depression. Dr. Mohabbat was assigned to me. Has not been helpful with treatment. Prescribed medications for narcolepsy, MS, Parkinsons and other medicines that have nothing to do with depression. Once medicine ran out- he refused to re-new until office visit. I had to stop cold turkey on all mwedicines. He did not return calls or listen to me when I did go into his office.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007

Dr. M. Omar Mohabbat's Credentials

• Avicenna State Med Inst Of Kabul, Fac Of Med, Kabul, Afghanistan (Grad. 1965)

• BCBS Georgia