Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Castroll

flag | Submitted August 4, 2012

Waited for an hour, never saw him. Receptionist was unprofessional. Who keeps someone waiting for an hour?

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Spent 2 hours talking to me and my family about my psychiatric history, which those familiar with the system will know is practically unheard of. Did more for me in a week than the doctors at ELIH were able to do in 2 months. Dr. Castroll truly goes above and beyond; I recommend him wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Took time to listen and interact with me. I felt he was very sincere and helpful. I would recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Out of 5 doctors I saw during my bout with mental illness, Dr. Castroll was the absolute least helpful. He is more so a person that would "put a bandage over a gaping wound" instead of treating it first and the bandages in this case are the plethora of expensive medications that he liberally prescribes. He is very strange and peculiar with odd ticks and habits, such as being a nocturnal person and holding late night office hours. He is very fond of talking about Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin and Tim Leary. If I am looking for therapy, I would not want to talk about dictators and people that use LSD recreationally, I'd rather talk about understanding my issues; he would have a tendency go on without letting me change the subject, it's like he enjoys hearing himself speak.I would advise against seeing him because there are more qualified people out there for your problems, and by qualified, I mean more than a degree, a qualification in understanding people, life, and social skills.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

Dr. Robert S. Castroll's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)