Ratings for Dr. Ali Ghaed

Dr. Ghaed has been an excwllent doctor and friend for many yearw, being patient and compaassionate and genuinely interested in doing what he feels is best for the patient.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

I saw this doctor about six years ago. He said I was not bipolar 2 (cyclothemic, maybe) but he suggested I "consider borderline personality disorder". I thought he was wrong since I have been married to the same guy for 40 years, never promiscuous, do my best to be a really good person, etc. I don't think I really gave him a chance to explain his thinking but he showed great wisdom in asking me to "consider" it which I have done. I have concluded that I have cyclothemia, borderline personality disorder, and a temporal lobe disorder that affect the amygdala. He missed the last but it all ties together and I can now control my mental problems w/o medication or the meltdowns I used to experience. So, thank you, Dr. Gaed! In addition, we liked each other and sessions were both a pleasure and effective. The deafness others complain about was not a big problem then.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

He seems like he's professional; however, he could not hear me at all, and when I clearly articulated suicidal ideation, he somehow believed instead I was trying to kill other people. I had fun explaining that one the the psychiatrist he then referred me to. Nice guy, but communication skills are very important so things like that don't happen.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Wonderful man. Very wise & helpful. It was my pleasure to meet him.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

Seems fairly disorginazited has a hard time hearing patients and making himself understood

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

I worry that Dr. Ghaed pushes pills too often. I know 2 people who ended up in the hospital for suicide attempts and both were offered sleeping pills and some kind of tranquilizer when neither was really needed. The last time I saw him was several years ago and he seemed almost deaf. I think he's probably well-meaning, but it's time to retire.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2007

Very good doctor. Always spends the time needed for the visit. Listens and gives good advice to help with my concerns.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2007

He is just too old to be practising! Half the time he can't even hear what you are saying.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2007

My daughter was hospitalized after attempting to take her life by overdosing on her friend's prescription medication. Dr. Ghaed tried to send her home the next day with several bottles of pills - tranquilizers and anti-anxiety medications! (almost the same drugs that put her in the hospital) When he wouldn't agree to have her stay to receive counselling, I found another doctor. She was kept in the psych ward for a week and was referred for counselling. Bad experience - happy ending.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2007

a control freak with a over exagerated sense of superiority will theaten to send you to the psch ward will not let your gp be involved with treatment when u have to wait up to 3 mos for a appointment by then you are ready for the psch ward treats people like they dont have a say will meet u once then on next visit give u a hand writen diagnois and ask u if u agree????he is very old and should not even be working

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007