Ratings for Dr. Patricia Teal

My husband's eye condition was getting worse, so I phoned Dr. Teal's office to see if there was a way to bump up his appointment. I was told a flat-out 'No', and that they do not have a cancellation list. I find it very hard to believe that this office has absolutely no opening for a 15 minute appointment. Needless to say, my husband is a firefighter and impaired vision can stop him from working. I explained this to the secretary, to no avail. I told her we were going to the hospital. At the hospital, my husband needed to be put on two serious medications. Some time later, my husband's appointment date comes up, and they call us that morning to ask us to move up so they can tighten their schedule (I work in a medical clinic, so they were obviously trying to condense the schedule because of cancellations; it was a gorgeous day outside). They are lucky they left me a message and didn't get me in person. They couldn't do anything for my husband earlier, but the minute THEY need something...? We call them back and agree to come in earlier. BAD IDEA. They made us wait for TWO HOURS. Apparently they were running behind on a Botox procedure. (Is this an eye Dr or what? It's like they can't decide) My husband actually had to go up and ask if they had even moved the appointment up. Someone came out to apologize and asked if we had an 'errand to run'. Yeah, we do. THIS is the errand. We are from out of town and had to put extra time into the parking ticket machine outside. To add insult to injury, my husbands chalazion was removed from the front side of the eyelid, instead of the proper procedure of behind the eyelid. I pray there is no scarring. After we asked the office to fax his prescriptions to our pharmacist, I officially gave up on this specialists' office when they didn't fax over the prescription, and when we called the office, they were already closed, or as the machine said, 'not taking any calls'. I asked my husband if we need to go back for a follow-up, and I'm sure I did a little happy dance when he said 'no'.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Had cataract surgery on both eyes. The first one went well. Only had a blood red eye for a couple weeks but vision was good. Second eye, not so great. She claimed I moved during surgery and cut the Iris and had to stitch in a different lens bigger to cover it . I returned to her office in the afternoon and on the way there I could actually see from that eye. Once in her office she did some kind of laser treatment on my eye. On the way home it was very painful and I could no longer see from it. She assured me that this eye would heal. After several office visits complaining of pain and eye drops two different kinds . One morning and night and one 4 times a day , as well as not covered by any plan. The pain was unbearable and the stitches were left in for approximately two months,. Finally one day the retina detached, blinding me and I was sent to Toronto where they did immediate surgery that day cancelling their appointments for the rest of the day. Dr Teal was still not being accountable for the eye or explaining anything. I have been in terrific pain for two years and the only relief was and still is freezing . I approached the other surgeon in the area and he stated why should I repair her mistakes. I am now awaiting a cornea transplant thanks to a mere cataract 15 min surgery that took over two hours ! My sight is priceless , she should be ashamed . I can say she now has a very confident and caring partner for the time being .

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr teal is a very good doctor. Her office staf and phone setup not so much

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Had cataract surgery on both eyes. The first one in June went well. Only had a blood red eye for a few weeks but vision was good. Second eye, not so great. There was some difficulty inserting the new lens into the eye. I was totally aware and felt the discomfort and excess pressure during this part of the procedure. After several office visits complaining of a dilated pupil, and after different drops to shrink the pupil, I was dismissed and told to see my optometrist. When I did, he told me that Dr. Teal had apparently cut the sphincter muscle and I will have one dilated pupil for life. He wondered why she didn't tell me since a trained physician would know this as soon as they saw no pupil reaction to bright light. There also is no way to fix it.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Had a eye appointment with Dr Teal. The office could not find my requestion from my eye doctor. Finally after 45 minutes they found it. Then I was taken to her other waiting area for Dr Teal only to wait longer again. She was busy doing botox.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Was late for second surgery , Eye is damaged after surgery and totally painful , retina detached from eye shock etc. . My eye has been painful for two years and to the point where I have to have it frozen. The stitches were left in for two months and there were weekly visits to the office. No one took responsibilities or would even address the problem . There was minimal problem with the eyes previously but major pain and sight loss now.

Submitted August 12, 2015

As an in-patient with the NHS, Dr Teal's office expedited my father's consultation for visual disturbances that occurred after an accidental fall. Dr Teal took the time to review all of our concerns and explained her diagnosis and recommendations. Not only did her staff go the extra mile in accommodating his limited mobility (wheelchair), they took care to ensure he understood all aspects of his upcoming surgery. I have worked in the optometric field for almost 10 years and agree with the good reputation she has.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I have been all over the world dealing with different sorts of doctors and in my opinion Dr.Teal and Staff are world class. From the front desk service to seeing the office manager Debbie, everything was spot on! I look forward to having my eye care with them from now on.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2014

She is a magician. I had need of a complicated cataract repair. Dr. Teal and her staff exceeded my expectations. If she is running late it is only because she takes the time necessary to be the best. Thank you Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Have been with Dr. Teal for over 7 years now, she very rarely is late but it happens , like any other doctor. Her staff is very kind, very personable. Assistants or Dr. Teal always answer any questions I have and take time with me . I was born with Cataracts, have glaucoma as well and they are just wonderful with me and always have been.Am absolutely shocked at some of the comments made here, totally NOT my experience.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014