Ratings for Dr. Bashir Sachedina

Wonderful Doctor, patient kind and very knowledgeable . Very thorough

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Amazing doctor with an incredible knowledge of his speciality as well as medicine in general. Explained everything to me in a thorough manner and never skipped details or glossed over any information because I'm not in health care. Have been to other gastroenterologists in Brampton and in Toronto, and he is by far the best. Don't blame him for long wait times - it's a systemic issue in Canadian health care.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Misdiagnosed me with pancreatitis, took little time to read all my reports and exams. Communication skills ok but should improve.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

He is the best look at the reviews the only complain in the reviews is the patient herself sh wants everyone to dance to her tune

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Incredible doctor who goes above& beyond to find the problem. LOVE him & his wife. The receptionist is very good as well, always extremely accommodating & has a friendly manner. He did his best to stay on track due appointnents but things happen& he takes the time to listen. I worry what will happen when he decides to retire, I can't imagine finding another specialist like him. :(

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

I've been with Dr. Sachedina for 10+ years now and he is by far the best doctor I've dealt with. He's knowledgeable and caring and takes the time to listen to you, explain his thought process and consider your opinions with regards to care. Thank you Dr. Sachedina, I would not be in as good a shape without you.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Monday April, 18, 2016 First off, I never got the chsnce to see this stupid dr. I spent 6 hrs in emerg only to find out that they "couldn't" do anything for me and had to refer me to a Dr to check me out. So here's what happened. First off, I got a call 2 weeks AFTER my visit in emerg for the appointment. Only to have them tell me it was booked for mid may, more than a month and a half AFTER my visit to emerg. It's a good thing that what was going on with me wasn't life threatening because I'd be dead by then. I had SPECIFICALLY told the emergency room Dr that I could NOT do an appt before 11 am because I am a single parent who doesn't drive and I have to drop my daughter off at school for 9 am. So it would take me OVER an hr to get to the hospital from where I am and I have to drop my daughter off at school for 9 am so I needed time for transfer and such. He explained he would write that oncane referral and he did, as he had shown me BEFORE the referral was faxed over. I got a call from Dr. Bashirs office about 2-3 weeks later, and they told me my appointment (in the voicemail) would in MID MAY (wtf???) at the hospital for 8:30 am and I had to be there at 7:30!!!! ARE THESE IDIOTS DAFT!!!!????? I KNOW what the referral said. And the printing was VERY clear on it. So I call them back to tell them A) to cancel the stupid appointment because NOW I didn't need it any more and B) to give then shit for not following simple f***ing instructions. Here's the best part. I've been calling them all morning(14 times nkw) to try to do all this and I can't get through. There's no voicemail and apparently the o KY have one line. The first time o called this morning she put me on hold for over 3 min. I'm sorry but I don't have that kind of time. I already have another idea appointment to go.to this morning. I am SICK of the drs here in Canada NOT LISTENING TO THE PATIENT!!! And the fact that the emergency rok..doesn't have a scope to put down patients throat to find out what's going on? That's a bunch of bs. It's now 45 min later and I STILL can't get through. Lol. I dont give a crsp how "good" a dr is, theyre shit if they dont have an answering maching their pateints csn leave a messagenin EVEN DURING BUSINESS HOURS!!!! His office is a joke!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Very knowledgeable, brilliant and caring doctor who keeps up to date with the latest advances in gastroenterological research. Has excellent knowledge about other sub specialities too. I have moved out of Brampton but made 4 hour trip to come and see him.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

About 12 years ago I was diagnosed with UC Dr Sachedina was never available when I would become I'll which would lead to me being in the ER for long period of time. He also over dosed me steroids.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

Dr. Sachedina is a brilliant gastroenterologist. Stays up to date with current advances in gastroenterological research and communicates these advances as well as treatment options clearly to his patients. Dr. Sachedina gives strong recommendations as to his patient's treatment plans however leaves them with the final say. Would recommend him to all, you are very lucky if you are able to be seen by Dr. Sachedina.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016