Ratings for Dr. Louis Libman

He had been my family dentist for over 20 years. I switched dentists as he believes in amalgam fillings and not in the plastic ones. I felt that the size of the holes drilled to accommodate amalgam fillings destroyed too much of the tooth and I was uncomfortable having leaky fillings when they got old. Every little bit of poison contributes to deteriorating the immune system. (Just my unprofessional, consumer position) I felt that you only got a couple of shots at filling a tooth as so much is destroyed each time. Plastic or what ever they use, I can have fillings earlier on and it is easier to replace with less damage to the tooth. I feel that sticking with old technology is perhaps more profitable and not looking out for my long-term health. I take responsibility for my health and have found medical professionals have become business professionals first and health care workers second. Sad. No criticism to Dr. L for his professionalism, attitude and work methods were always great.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007