Dr. Barbara Wood

5 1 3.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. Barbara Wood

Dr. Barbara Wood's Ratings

Dr Wood was the GP for my family for many years; she is personable and knows her stuff. However if you are depending on a referral, which seems to run from her to the referral office of the clinic, stay on top of it. I waited seven months and she told told no surgeon would see me unless I paid for private services, however when I contacted surgeons MYSELF, which is not how this works as a AHC patient, I was able to get a consult within 7 days and booked in for surgery under my previous AHC file. I called her assistant twice to speak about this issue and inform them that I'd found a surgeon myself but no one called me back. My parents both had issues with referrals from her, as well. As much as I liked her, being left 7 months without a consult, in pain, and being lied to sits ill with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2882268].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. woods a good doctor, she does get over booked and can sometimes be rushed in her appointments but overall she knows her stuff. Her new Assistant is excellent he has a great sense of humor and very friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2821580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I've been to Dr. Woods for almost ten years and she has been a great GP for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

I'm going onto my second year of pain and Dr. Woods has been amazing. She sent me in all the right directions and exploring other options. She is so knowledgeable and compassionate even after all this time. I would never think about going to another doctor…even after the rudeness and ignorance that her assistant portrayed. Her assistant is deplorable. I think she forgets that the patients are the ones having a bad day/life and don't need this attitude. "WE" are the ones that pay your salary. It has been an on going issue from the first day. It does not matter how kind and professional you act towards her she treats you as if its a hardship to be speaking with you. Her voice holds tones, she is short, and ignorance is always at the tip of her tongue. She's an outright ****. Kinda thought that was part of her job?? I love Dr. Woods and will continue to see her as she is amazing. However she should find a suitable replacement for her assistant. I can't see it being a difficult task.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1325529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2013

Dr Wood helped make a diagnosis that several other physicians before had failed to discover. If there is something wrong, she will work hard to uncover what it is. She is always happy to see me, remembers me every time and has been very kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1325528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

I have been going to see Dr. Wood for 9 years. Best doctor, I trust her, very knowledgeable. Before I would go to medicentres. Now I refused to go to any doctor then Dr. Wood. She is very smart, and looks into all of my concerns. Doesn't miss a step. Very professional and friendly. If there are anymore major concerns that she cannot handle, then she refers you to a specialist. The staff that she works with are very friendly and professional. They all know what their doing, and play a major role in your experience at the doctor office. The only concern I have with, I wish sometimes I had more time, my appointments seem short sometimes. Other then that, Dr. Wood is truly a great doctor. Thank you Dr. Wood.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1325527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

Very knowledgeable. Great doctor. Ensure to book ample time to see her though because the appointments are brief. BE WARNED: Her receptionist is one of the worst people I have ever met (EvER), and you are treated like an inconvenience and she can be quite hostile when asking simple questions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1325526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Dr. Wood was my doctor for the majority of the 11 years I lived in Edmonton. She's fantastic... I really can't say enough about her! Not only does she know what she's doing, but she takes the time to listen to your concerns and refers you to a specialist when it's needed. She's extremely thoughtful and caring, and even called me at home on a couple occasions to see how I was recovering from an injury. That's very rare in a doctor these days, and I was sorry to lose her when I moved out of the province. I highly doubt that she's taking new patients, but if she is, I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1325525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr Wood did more for me a in few short months than my previous doctor did in two years. She is very knowledgable and very friendly. I am so very grateful to her and her staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1325524].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2011

Firstly, the receptionist is very rude and its almost like you are disturbing her when you try to tell her you are there for your appointment even though a person normally waits weeks to get an appointment there. Secondly, she is just another one of those doctors who wants you in and out within 5 minutes. In my case, I received no resolution to my problem, and she actually told me there was nothing wrong with me, yet 2 weeks later I am still sick. Useless.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1325523].votes_count ]]