Ratings for Dr. Barbara Wood

If you are an inarticulate whiner or need to be mollycoddled, Dr Wood is not for you. If you can communicate your issues or symptoms, she is fantastic. She will treat you herself or refer you to another doctor or specialist, if that's what is appropriate. I want a doctor that is straightforward and doesn't waste time trying not to offend me. She is a busy doctor and can sometimes be abrupt, but she is also funny and extremely smart and experienced. And, like any other doctor, her punctuality depends on her patient load on any particular day.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

She has been my GP for the last 5 years and I only think I started to really appreciate her in the last couple. She can sometimes seemed a little rushed but generally treats me kindly and with level of empathy a physician should have. She's the type of doctor that will stay late or take a short lunch if you really need to see her last minute. She listens and when she feels your issue surpasses her expertise, she will refer you to a specialist without hesitation.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

She is very rude and never wants to listen to your concerns about anything I went to a medi center and got more help then she has given me.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Wood since she worked in a medi clinic some twenty years ago. I wouldn't even think of seeing another doctor even though I don't live anywhere near her office. She has always been patient and understanding with my family. If she does not know the answer she will research until she does. Ethlen (sp?) answers the phone for appointments and is always amazing. She always goes above and beyond to get you into an appointment.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Wood for over a decade. She is efficient and quick to make referrals when needed. Her understanding and treatment of Chronic pain is great. The only thing she could work on is her attitude. At times she comes across as argumentative and a bit snippy. Not long ago she forgot the pronunciation of my last name which is basic. Perhaps she is very busy. Dr. Wood is a good doctor and I would recommend her to others. Her assistant is totally awesome!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Dr woods has been my doctor for 12 years and has always been excellent. Have never had to wait for a referal or follow up testing. She phoned me at 8pm on a friday night to give me my test results and to phone a prescription into my pharmacy. She was great post pregnancy and was very knowledgeable when i asked a million questions. Her new assistant is awesome and he is super funny and personable. Her receptionist used to be a bit rude but has changed to someone else now who is nice.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

Dr Wood was the GP for my family for many years; she is personable and knows her stuff. However if you are depending on a referral, which seems to run from her to the referral office of the clinic, stay on top of it. I waited seven months and she told told no surgeon would see me unless I paid for private services, however when I contacted surgeons MYSELF, which is not how this works as a AHC patient, I was able to get a consult within 7 days and booked in for surgery under my previous AHC file. I called her assistant twice to speak about this issue and inform them that I'd found a surgeon myself but no one called me back. My parents both had issues with referrals from her, as well. As much as I liked her, being left 7 months without a consult, in pain, and being lied to sits ill with me.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. woods a good doctor, she does get over booked and can sometimes be rushed in her appointments but overall she knows her stuff. Her new Assistant is excellent he has a great sense of humor and very friendly.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I've been to Dr. Woods for almost ten years and she has been a great GP for me.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I'm going onto my second year of pain and Dr. Woods has been amazing. She sent me in all the right directions and exploring other options. She is so knowledgeable and compassionate even after all this time. I would never think about going to another doctor…even after the rudeness and ignorance that her assistant portrayed. Her assistant is deplorable. I think she forgets that the patients are the ones having a bad day/life and don't need this attitude. "WE" are the ones that pay your salary. It has been an on going issue from the first day. It does not matter how kind and professional you act towards her she treats you as if its a hardship to be speaking with you. Her voice holds tones, she is short, and ignorance is always at the tip of her tongue. She's an outright ****. Kinda thought that was part of her job?? I love Dr. Woods and will continue to see her as she is amazing. However she should find a suitable replacement for her assistant. I can't see it being a difficult task.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013