Ratings for Dr. Patricia C Brines

She is judgemental and unprofessional. She asked me if I had a baby since the last time I was there, a year ago. She should know I didn't as she's my doctor. She then questioned me in what I'm waiting for, I explained at 33 I'm waiting for the right guy and marriage. She continued to ask me what my parents think of me not having a child yet and told me they should put pressure on me. If she was giving nonjudgemental medical input about the potential to freeze my eggs that would be fine, but I never asked for her opinion to continue with the lecture. She also is rough during the exams.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Great experience, efficient quick visit. Did not have problems and will be back

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I have lots of friends who have seen her. They say she is rough during exams, rude and dismissive. I'm so glad that I chose Dr. Kayla Dohr as my gynecologist. She is great! Everyone should ditch Brines and go see Dohr. She listens, is attentive, doesn't pry, instantly puts patients at ease, and seems genuinely concerned. My friend said that Brines also lectures everyone and is judged. Bottom line, steer clear.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I will never under any circumstance see Dr. Brines again. I am BRCA2 positive and have an increased risk of breast and ovarian cancer. I went in for an unrelated issue, and then was asked when I plan of having kids because we need to remove my ovaries because of my higher risk. I said, well I'm 32 and waiting to meet the right person and get married first. She responds "Oh so you're a traditional girl" and said if I am having trouble finding s suitable mate I should consider sperm donation so I can experience child birth and did I have a family that would support that and help me. I found these comments extremely insensitive and unprofessional. I am doing my proper screenings annually as advised by my normal GYN and she has no right to make such suggestions and send me off to surgery at age 32. She made an already sensitive issue worse and I left the office in tears. Never again.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

This is the third time I've been to this doctor because she's close to work. Will never go back. They're never punctual, and my last visit I had to come back same day and didn't even get any of the tests/ultrasound performed because they were running behind!!!! Why?? Because the nurse didn't even know she wa working that day, so unprofessional! I will not return. Is rather drive all the way to Cheshire/New Haven for a better doctor and team.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

worried about my weight first visit who who ruptured ovarian cyst from previous doctor did nothing it caught up with me 4 years later do not go to these doctors they are not surgeons and they dont care take my adevice

flag | Submitted March 4, 2012

I was very pleased to read that others experienced the same disrespect from this Doctor as I have. I too am overweight and due to this was treated terribly by her. She suggested I go on the South Beach diet and even said "you know if you and I were to go for a walk around the block right now, you'd burn more calories than me because you're heavier than me". She proceeded to show me a BMI chart and highlighted what range I should be in. The whole appointment was centered around the fact that I needed to lose weight. I won't even get into the fact that it was my first gynological exam and that despite me being completely uncomfortable she coldy proceeded. This woman has a terrible beside manner. I went once and cried after it's over i would never in a million years go back to her. No thanks to her I've lost 30 lbs eating healthy and exercising. I would never try one of her suggested stupid "fat diets". For a doctor, she's not at all knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Brines for years. She delivered my first child. After begin a patient of her for over 25 years I got tired of hearing how I was obese. I haven't been back nor will I ever go back to her. She is a very judgemental person and needs to take a class in bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Brines for a while now and never had a problem except for her commenting on my weight. But to my surprise this time she gave me a hard time about me not taking my birth control. I told her I lost my job and didnt have insurance so I stopped buying it. I then told her me and my boyfriend are at the point were if I do get pregnate then it would be a miricle since my bf has CF and not sure if he can have kids. She then gave me an attitiude and asked if I knew if I carried the gene for CF and I said no and she said you should know before you do this, and that if I have it then I have a 1 in 4 chance of my child having it. She then in her office forced samples of birth control to me not listening to any of the other problems I had concerns about. Saying that having a terminally ill bf I should get blood work to see if I carry the gene. I was very put off by the whole appointment and felt judged. I was not happy and very upset after I left, and will never go back.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Patricia C Brines's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

MSP/BC Med