Ratings for Dr. Patricia C Brines

Dr. Brines was incredibly unprofessional. Without even introducing herself or allowing me to be seated she attacked my weight without even a slight concern from me. I have been to the PCP before and my doctor was not at all concerned about my weight. She told me by the time I am 40 I will be a diabetic, which is false according to my blood tests. I was at the gynecologist for a check up and none of my other concerns were addressed. She wanted me to get 6 blood tests done so I did and when I got the tests back everything was in line and none of my levels were off as she had told me they would be. I will not be returning to her as most of her clients do not.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

Dr Brines practices deceptive and unethical patient care.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

She was incredibly confrontational about my recent weight gain (due to circumstances from my job) despite the fact that it had nothing to do with the reason for my appointment and that I was upfront about my plans to get it back off. Her manner comes off as brusque and uncaring, and she has repeatedly caused issues with my prescription by prescribing three months' worth to be picked up at once despite me telling her repeatedly that me insurance only covers it by one month at a time. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

Beware...Dr Brines is frighteningly incompetent! ... Your life is at risk in her "care"!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

She is judgemental and unprofessional. She asked me if I had a baby since the last time I was there, a year ago. She should know I didn't as she's my doctor. She then questioned me in what I'm waiting for, I explained at 33 I'm waiting for the right guy and marriage. She continued to ask me what my parents think of me not having a child yet and told me they should put pressure on me. If she was giving nonjudgemental medical input about the potential to freeze my eggs that would be fine, but I never asked for her opinion to continue with the lecture. She also is rough during the exams.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Great experience, efficient quick visit. Did not have problems and will be back

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I have lots of friends who have seen her. They say she is rough during exams, rude and dismissive. I'm so glad that I chose Dr. Kayla Dohr as my gynecologist. She is great! Everyone should ditch Brines and go see Dohr. She listens, is attentive, doesn't pry, instantly puts patients at ease, and seems genuinely concerned. My friend said that Brines also lectures everyone and is judged. Bottom line, steer clear.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I will never under any circumstance see Dr. Brines again. I am BRCA2 positive and have an increased risk of breast and ovarian cancer. I went in for an unrelated issue, and then was asked when I plan of having kids because we need to remove my ovaries because of my higher risk. I said, well I'm 32 and waiting to meet the right person and get married first. She responds "Oh so you're a traditional girl" and said if I am having trouble finding s suitable mate I should consider sperm donation so I can experience child birth and did I have a family that would support that and help me. I found these comments extremely insensitive and unprofessional. I am doing my proper screenings annually as advised by my normal GYN and she has no right to make such suggestions and send me off to surgery at age 32. She made an already sensitive issue worse and I left the office in tears. Never again.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

This is the third time I've been to this doctor because she's close to work. Will never go back. They're never punctual, and my last visit I had to come back same day and didn't even get any of the tests/ultrasound performed because they were running behind!!!! Why?? Because the nurse didn't even know she wa working that day, so unprofessional! I will not return. Is rather drive all the way to Cheshire/New Haven for a better doctor and team.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Dr. Patricia C Brines's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Cheshire, CT