Ratings for Dr. Alden Hurtig

I have been seeing Dr Hurtig since the early 1980s, and my dental health has never been better. His staff are friendly and appointments start and end on time. I have had fillings, crowns, dentures and regular checkups for over 30 years and am very happy with the services. A recent service involved an irreparable crown. Dr Hurtig clearly explained the options and approximate costs and referred me to an excellent orthodontist when I decided to go with an implant. I trust his assessment, referrals and services.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Hurtig is awesome. He is very knowledgeable and a veteran dentist. I always feel fully informed and have had many procedures done by him. His work is flawless and he always follows up to see how I am doing!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I have been Dr. Hurtig's patient for a number of decades and I have always been pleased by his ultimate competence, consideration and willingness to explain his procedures to a patient. Dr. Hurtig's administrator, Merle, has always been more than helpful, and amazingly effective in guiding us through the maze of insurance and insuring we had maximum benefits from our coverage. Kelly, his Hygienist is a rare combination of gentleness and thoroughness. She makes difficult procedures run smoothly and comfortably. Kayla, Dr. Hurtig's assistant has eased me through any number of challenging procedures. Her unerring skills, ability to anticipate what is needed and gentleness has earned her my undying gratitude. Overall, a dental practice I would recommend unreservedly. I would trust no other dental office in my mouth.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

Dr. Hurtig and the staff of Smiles in the City have been providing me with excellent dental care for over 20 years. He has always discussed treatment options in advance and i trust his recommendations.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

For about 10 years now Dr. Hurtig has provided my dental care, which includes the following services: regular care and fillings, improved gum health, wisdom teeth removal, whitening, and recently a root canal. The staff are pleasant, calm, and takes time to explain procedures. There is a focus on the patients comfort – after major work I have received phone calls to check in. I trust his recommendations and travel somewhat out of my way for his expertise. I have noticed he takes a strong personal interest in the profession and the quality of work he provides. RC

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Like many, I had been averse to the dental chair all my youthful life but came to the realization that dentist are an integral component of my physical well being. For me, Dr. Hurtig and his professional team at "Smiles In The City" has recognized and implemented the importance and totality of the overall well being approach. Dr. Hurtig will always upon interview and examination present patients with an assessment and treatment options for your consideration . Based on your consultations and decision the office will devise a plan of action and a schedule for your confirmation in consultation with your insurance provider where applicable. You are totally free to get back to him. He deals with the immediate but always looks out for your long term oral health. Engage with him on a respectful footing and you will appreciate his thoughtful candor on a sensitive issue..dental health. Expect excellent results ;Merle will help you navigate your insurance: you will not be disappointed. Competence, caring, civility and respect have been the elements I have been greeted by in that practice for the continuous 38 years I have been going there, and as a meticulous critic I have never been disappointed. This is a place for a positive long term dental experience. Now I look forward to that gentle cheerful reminder call from Merle, Kelly or Kayla for my next appointment. P.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Great service. Makes the visits as comfortable as possible.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Hurtig for nearly 30yrs. He is extremely knowledgeable and only does what he has to. He never suggests a treatment that I don't need, just because it would fill his wallet. He filled a tooth of mine and I cracked it. I went back months later and he repaired the tooth for free. Dr Hurtig will even call you at home after a procedure, to find out how you are. He genuinely cares. He is careful and efficient and my teeth love him for it. The staff is most pleasant and most accommodating too, especially with my busy schedule.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

I have been coming to Dr Hurtig for 20+ years and he is a very caring proactive doctor. He makes sure his patients get the best care from him and his staff as well as any specialists he recommends.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

The very best . I've been with dr H for over 20 years and they always take great care of me.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016