You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael Manicatide

After 20 years of being Dr.Manicatide's patient I greatly regret his retirement. During all those years I was privileged to have a CARING, COMPETENT and MOST PROFESSIONAL Family Doctor, who always took the time and effort not only to properly diagnose my problems, but to also EXPLAIN to me their cause(s) and the suggested treatment. The specialists he referred me to were always top notch, and his staff was always responsive, courteous and accomodating with my appointments and/or changes of schedule.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

Excellent doctor - and an excellent diagnostician. My family is very lucky to have him as a family doctor. He has resolved always every health issues or concerns that my family and I had. Excellent supportive staff.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

although he is "professional" and "knowledgeable" he is TOO OLD. This man can barely get patients out of his office fast enough. He is extremelyyyy slow, it takes 20 minutes for one person sometimes. He is also very tired at times (and he's old) he combined my mums name and my name on a prescription referral. How stupid? It is very hard to book appointments, and let's not mention the gruelling waiting lounge that can fit two people. The secretary looks like she'd rather be somewhere else, and overall it is not a place where i would like to bring kids to. Awful, awful experience. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Knowledgeable, professional and always demonstrating very good active listening skills. All in all, a very good family doctor.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Very knowledgeable and understanding - LISTEN to patients - always helpful

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

For almost 10 years I find him helpful and knowledgeable, staff needs improvement

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

Disappointment is an understatement in this doctor's case. Everything is fine as long as you don't have real medical issues. If you go once a year for the checkup and you have no problems, all is well. God forbid you get something serious! My husband had a real emergency and it could have ended badly, if I wouldn't have gone around Dr. M's approach and solved the problem directly with a surgeon. It was then when I lost my trust in him, but we kept going for the annual checkups, being too complacent and lazy to start looking for a new doctor. Recently I found out he shortened his office hours AGAIN, Mondays being only for walking clinic from 2 pm to 7 pm. It looks like he is on semi-retirement and the only reason he comes to the office is to get the OHIP money for his retirement. I am fed up and have started the grueling process of finding a new doctor. I know it will be hard, but I am not having another annual checkup with Dr. M. I am tired of him and his "professionalism".

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

Dr. Manicatide is an excellent Doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and caring. He will not refer you to perform tests when it are not necessary. However, he is thorough and when he refers you to other doctors they also very knowledgeable. He often stays late and comes in early to accomodate patients. I would recommend him to any patient. His wife is very professional as well.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

Dr. Michael Manicatide's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After 20 years of being Dr.Manicatide's patient I greatly regret his retirement. During all those years I was privileged to have a CARING, COMPETENT and MOST P..."

November 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor - and an excellent diagnostician. My family is very lucky to have him as a family doctor. He has resolved always every health issues or concern..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Family Doctor. He takes the time and listens to your issues. Very good and experienced. I do recommed him well"

January 8, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "although he is "professional" and "knowledgeable" he is TOO OLD. This man can barely get patients out of his office fast enough. He is extremelyyyy slow, it tak..."

December 23, 2014