Ratings for Dr. Ted Cait

I have had Dr. Cait as a family doctor for many years. My son absolutely adores his dr. as well as myself. He is great explaining things and does not rush you out of his office like most doctors. He has a great personality. Dr. Cait rocks.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Unfortunately all of the reviews on here seem pretty accurate about Dr. Cait. From answering personal phone calls during appointments to brushing people off as hypochondriacs. I would recommend trying to find a doctor who genuinely cares about your well being.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I'm so happy I finally found a family doctor who cares. Dr. Cait was always late, answering calls during my visits and it always seemed as if his mind was elsewhere. My new family doctor follows up with me for everything and the office is friendly and so helpful. My new doctor actually listens and I can't believe I put up with Dr. Cait for so long.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I find some of these comments strange in that I have been seeing Dr. Cait for a number of years for different ailments and depression. He always has time to listen. I do not buy gifts for him and his staff for better service, as someone has suggested. The office did mail out a notice advising he was moving, albeit again, but when you find a doctor you like you will follow him/her. As far as paying for notes, forms, etc. there are notices in his office about what you need to pay for and you also receive a notice saying you can pay once a year for a family in order to re-order your prescriptions by having the pharmacy call (unless it is one that requires a visit such as narcotic renewal. Dr. Cait has many patients and if a few are disgruntled you can always find that with any doctor, dentist, etc. I give Dr. Cait and Mildred a 10.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

although he has been our family doctor for several years, I find him to be quick to judge and prescribe. he always wants to put me on blood pressure meds and each time I experience adverse side effects - he never considers natural methods and hates it when I ask questions. he refused to send my youngest child to an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist when she experienced recurring ear infections - kept saying she would outgrow it and that some children were slow to speak as toddlers - treated me like some sort of hypochondriac. I have a right to ask questions about my health and the junk he wants me to take, these chemicals all have side effects both short and long term - I'm not certain they are intended for improving health as much as they are lining the wallets of the manufacturers and the doctors that prescribe them.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

Wait time is terrible. Takes calls on your appointment time which is never on time. I feel he doesn't listen to what you have to say. When a medication isn't working he ups the dosage. Moving further away giving short notice. Doesn't like taking on older patients.. Not impressed...

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

Keeps moving farther and farther away. Started at Whites and Hwy 2 now north Ajax !! Just got letter in mail advise of move just got letter in mail about move forth time since became a patient Started at Whites Rd Pickering Now North Ajax

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Now we find out through OTHERS THAT HE IS MOVING HIS OFFICE IN JANUARY. WHAT ARE WE TO DO NOW? BAD ENOUGH HE ISN'T ALL THAT HELPFUL, AND YOU HAVE TO GO TO HIM EVERY TIME YOU NEED A NEW RX, BUT NOW HE'S MOVING TO ROSLYN.... NOT MUCH NOTICE, HE WON'T EVEN SUPPLY A POSSIBLE REPLACEMENT. HE'S GREAT AT THINKING OF HIS OWN BANK ACCOUNT, BUT NOT SO MUCH FOR THE PATIENTS. I'M STILL WAITING SINCE 2001 FOR AN APPT. WITH A DIETICIAN - I HAVE DIABETES. NOT GOOD ON FOLLOW UPS.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I have had a horrible year suffering with depression and stress. After begging to be placed on stress leave with him, he only offered to place me on temp leave and gave me script for cipolex which not knowing anything about was nervous to take. When I went back for follow up I explained I was scared to take meds and he became mad at me for wasting his time by not taking them and refused to allow me more time off work. I felt cohursed into taking meds which gave me major heart palpitations and spins. I then changed meds immediately but was cautioned that I had to use them or else! Upon all this time off my work needed me to fill out a LTD and he claimed he won't fill it out cause he felt I should be working!!! This would be the only source of an income for me and I needed the LTD filled out. I have 5 kids and a husband! Two children are special needs and my husband is suicidal and an alcoholic (but I'm not depressed or stressed he claims). He finally fills the form out and then charges me $100 for it. As if I have the money! I'm scraping by have only cell and basic utilities for my home cause I can't afford a thing, I have others pay for groceries because he refused to allow me an income while on leave! I asked him to place my one child on a wait list for a specialist and it only takes so may referrals a year and it was about to close, a few months go by and I called and checked up on referral and he said he forgot! Now I have to wait 6 months before she can be placed on list and appointments are 3-5 months away after that! Life is hard enough with being judged everywhere you go but you should NEVER feel judged by your dr as if I am the one creating his life to be miserable!!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Not very knowledgeable about mental health. I know he's a GP but if he can give prescriptions for mental illnesses, he should have some idea. Never listens to me. He ruled out a diagnosis on a referral form to a specialist and it turns out that was one of the diagnoses. Usually 30 mins late plus answers calls during appts. Once I move, I'm switching GPs.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012