Ratings for Dr. John J. Nelson

This doctor is knowledgeable but rude. One of his staff masquerades as a nurse but has no medical training. Dirty facilities. Would never go back.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

I am done and won't be going back anymore. I am so tired of him saying What do you think it is, the comments made about him not caring are true, doesn't follow up are true and makes you feel very uncomfortable all true. He needs to go back to school and update his skills and knowledge and also adapt a new personality, l also agree that his wife is not very nice neither. I suppose once you get your degree and you have been a doctor for years, then you can pretty much treat your patients the way you see fit, collect the big bucks, travel and sit back and have a nice retirement.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Generally, in Canada, the big pharma companies influence both the medical schools' curriculums and the practice of medical doctors. I suspect that there are some financial incentives for compliance. As government's funding decreases, medical schools find themselves dependent on corporate donations, and the biggest donor is big pharma. As a result, we don't have preventative medicine anymore, we don't treat the illnesses, we mainly treat the symptoms. Why? Because, when people are healthy, big pharma does not sell their meds and loses profits. When people are permanently sick and doctors treat symptoms, instead of underlying causes of illnesses, big pharma is making lots of lettuce. It's up to each individual doctor to "make an extra mile" and give their patients a real treatment, including good referrals and follow ups.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr. Nelson is fine if you do not get a disease or seriously sick. I have to ask him to check my blood pressure, which he knows is high. He forget med everything about me. I had a growth on my nose he removed it. Comments during this procedure from his assistant oh god as they went too deep. I called for the results, secretary tells me they we spoiled. Later Dr. Nelson tells me I have precancer cells. Because they dug so deep into my nose it has not healed for 6 months. I have gone back several times, and Dr. Nelson says oh looks fine. Wait till it heals and we can do radation. Well 6 months later it is cancer. I am now going to a ear nose and throat doctor, because the dermatologist I finally got his office to send me to won't touch it. Good luck to anyone who goes to him. Have a good memory because he will not follow up.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

My problem with Dr.Nelson is that he makes you feel as if it's an inconvenience for him that you are there visiting. I also have found that he doesn't take your health all too seriously. This has been a comment that has come up many times within my family as everyone feels the same. He doesn't take the time to listen to you and doesn't seem to put in any effort into figuring out what the issue is. My family and I have resorted to using walk in clinics which tend to have the same level of service if not a bit better. I think he should take his role more seriously as many patients listen to him and take his advice. He's far too relaxed, and should be more attentive to his patient's health issues.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

dr nelson has been my doctor for the last 20 years (my whole life), i get the vibe that he is not too keen on new patients and thats obviously because new patients are usually ****es, and unhappy with other doctors hence the "new patient". people! we are animals and need to take care of our selves and its not the doctors fault, as hes only a doctor not a magician. people please take care of yourselfs, dont smoke.. dont drink.. and eat healthy. great doctor for prescribing cold medications and herbal teas!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Dr. Nelson is a poor doctor. He must be glad there is a doctor shortage. He is seriously compromising my father's health. I agree with a previous comment--if you are over 50, he doesn't give a damn. I imagine those who have praised him here do not have any serious/complciated health concerns.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

Dr.N is a good Dr.!!! I have been his patient for over 25 yrs!!! He is kind, caring, very punctual and knows his stuff! He is not "high & mighty" like other Drs, he will ask your opinion/suggestions and he talks to you like a real person!!! He has failed to charge me for "notes" when he knew my finances were not good, gave me samples of meds when I had no benefits, he even came to my house to check my baby son when I told him our car had broke down!! If you can find a better Dr than this then go right ahead because I would NEVER want to change Drs!! My friends have to wait days/weeks to get an appt - even when they are deadly sick, then they wait for 1 hr in the waiting room!!! I have never had to wait more than a day or more than 15 min's in the office!! Thats the way it should be and I am happy I dont waste my time!!! He has a unique personality and I respect that, I have heard of some MEAN doctors out there...Dr. Nelson is kind and never grouchy! Highly recommend this Doctor!!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

I asked for a prescription renewal and he asked me what the name of the medication was. I said I didn't know the exact name so instead of looking it up in my chart, he gave me a prescription for the wrong medication. I asked for a blood test that I have never had before. He forgot to tell me to fast ahead of time so as a result I sat in the clinic for a half an hour for a test I couldn't have because I didn't know I was supposed to fast.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010