Ratings for Dr. Patricia Morassut

Wonderful doctor, felt very comfortable with her, we are running more tests.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Morassut about my RA for 2-3 years now and she's wonderful. It's taken some time and trial and error to sort out what medication is best for me, but I'm on one now that has been working splendidly. I really feel like she listens to my questions and answers them effectively. Her office is well run and they are quick to return calls if ever I need to reach Dr. Morassut outside of an appointment.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I have had Dr. Morassut a few yrs now she is always pleasant she does not always listein to my suggestions just keeps trying new meds. New receptionist not as efficient and friendly as the last :(

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

She has been treating me for Churg Strauss for about 13 years. I am forever grateful for her patience and understanding over the year.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

My referral from my gp was refused by Dr Morrasut via fax with her generic comment of how busy the practice is and how she doesn't see patients with chronic pain or fibromyalgia, in which I DO NOT HAVE. Unfortunately, she cost me another agonizing 4 month wait to see another rheumatologist. I have since been diagnosed with the rheumatic disease suspected by my gp and have started biologics. I'm on the road to recovery.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

A total timewaster. Insisted on prescribing a medication that I made clear that I had already tried and received no effective/noticeable results from; would not let go of this, and I left with a Rx I threw out on my way out of the building -- very odd, especially as my GP was doing a good job with pain control and that was not at all what I was visiting her for. (Rare but not the first time I have gone through "I have tried that and it does not work" and been told "Try it again anyway" with a physician -- do they really think people fill them instead of giving up, smiling, nodding, and pitching it out...? What is the point of "try it anyway" in response to "I've had that prescribed -- unfortunately it did nothing"? A mystery...) I was, I thought, visiting her for chronic hip bursitis. I learned absolutely nothing new about the condition, could not get any sort of answer about any possibility of a bursectomy, and, much later, found out her write-up sent back to my GP had decided that I had fibromyalgia...?!?! This was not something she mentioned to me at all, and I do not have widespread pain or any of the other symptoms associated with fibromyalgia. Still not sure if she confused me with another patient, or...?? The appointment was uselessly brief -- it is terrible to wait so long and get one's hopes up and not be listened to and sent on your way in a rush. She was cheerful and pleasant, but ignored or dismissed every question I had, and had nothing to offer but the Rx, despite how many times I told her it had tried it, found no relief, and that I was satisfied with my current medications. My GP, who I have been seeing for years, was also puzzled by the "fibromyalgia" idea. The drug Dr Morassut was so fixated on does not seem to be one in much use for that, too. Short version: let-down, and very confusing. Really needs to take more time with patients, and listen more carefully.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

dr. patricia was my teacher during my followship in 2008 training , she taught me to diagnose and treat rheumatological cases and thanks to her now i'm an excellent rheumatologist in my country , may god bless her , i recommend her for any rheumatology illness in ottawa dr. hassan almarzouk

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

I have been seeing her for over 13 years...she is helpful and knowledgeable. Receptionist has always been pleasant and helpful too and willing to do extra. You do have to wait sometimes. I am on MM and she was reluctant to prescribe over pharmaceuticals but was willing to try this alternative....for me it was a good decision. She still tries to get me on biologics but I resist and she 's fine with it for now. So I rate her as good to very good.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

She is extremely knowledgeable and is completely upfront with expectations. She works with you to find the best solution with you. I appreciate being part of the consultation, anything I am uncertain about or scared of, she will talk me through it and it I don't agree then she looks for an alternative. I appreciate her candor and they fact that if she needs time to look into something she tells you - no guessing games with this doctor. Her office is incredibly proficient - they are on time with the appointment schedule, quick to book new ones. It is clearly obvious that the doctors and the front desk staff have excellent communication with each other - it is the most efficient doctors office I have ever been to. I am very lucky to have been referred to Dr. Patricia Morassut, she has made a large difference in my life.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

She was great, although I'm just starting out with her. I've seen so many complaints about her receptionist, but she was absolutely civil with me. She may have what's called "RBF" - Resting B**ch Face (google it). She doesn't mean to come off angry, it's just how her face looks.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015