Ratings for Dr. Salim Esmail

Saw this doctor through a wcb case in which I tore my mincus in my right knee, it didn't take me long to see him and I found him very rude and not very good at explaining the procedure he was going to do on my knee. About a week later after the consult he did my surgery and ended up cutting one of my vanes in my leg which I didn't find out until I was in the recovery room. When I went to go out of my bed to use the washroom my knee was bleeding so bad it was coming through my big bandage which had me really concerned, then the nurse immediately started to wrap more bandages around my knee and called for the doctor. I ended up having to go through another surgery 4 days later to coderize my vain, which I was in so much pain for those four days and had to be put on Demerol for the pain. What was going to be a day surgery I was told I would walk out that day ended up with my leg in a brace for 2 months not being able to bend it and 4 months off work with physical therapy for 6 months to get it back to bending 90% of the way. Highly recommend not seeing this doctor.

Submitted October 13, 2017

I found Dr Esmail to be very professional and knowledgeable . His staff is very accommodating and they were very helpful after my surgery visits. I had my surgery out of town and even though Dr Esmail didn't preform the surgery he knew exactly what I was going through and made some great suggestions for my recovery , I highly recommend this doctor and his great staff !

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

This "doctor" performed 2 knee surgeries on my right knee before I was 21 based soley on xrays. The first orthoscopic wasn't so bad other than it didn't actually fix anything. The next surgery a year and a half later caused some problems. Ugly nasty scar across the outer side of the knee and a "bone horn?" On the outer side of my knee. Turns out my quad wasn't attached to my femur properly. I am needing surgery on both knees now and I seriously hope they don't try to refer me back to this yahoo.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Esmail for years - I think he's a god send - my pain has been nil since seeing him, and I had spend years going to physio therpaist, sports injury specialists, massage therapy, chiropractors, accupuncturist, so many, I'm sure I've forgotten some. Not sure why the reviews are so incredibly opposite. Grateful that my experiences have been 100% positive.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

He's expertise and gentleness are much appreciated. I have total pain relief for at least six months - well worth the discomfort and money. Will highly recommend Dr. Esmail.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

If I could give this "hack" zero's - I would. As soon as he saw me, he told me I needed surgery on my knee - before doing any tests. That should have been a red flag, but I thought he knew what he was doing. After surgery I went to physio as I was told and was making no progress. I went back to him for a follow up and was told I was fine, but gave me some "nerve blocker" shots anyways to help with the pain and sent me on my way. Long story short...1 1/2 years later, still couldn't walk without crutches and in pain when I applied pressure. I went to a chiropractor and surprise - my knee was out of joint (due to his inabilites to perform a proper surgery or follow up) A week later I was fine. I also found out later, when I read the surgical report from the physiotherapist, that what he told me he did in surgery was a lie. I don't think this guy should be in practice, I definetly would NEVER let anybody I know go to him. If it is "fast" to get in to see a specialist, there is a reason.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

Excelllent doctor. He did evluation of my car accident injuries. Very sharp and quick to pick up injuries missed by other doctors. i would recommend him to any lawyer or doctor any time.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

I am so grateful for the referral to Dr. Esmail. His knowledge, professionalism and care have provided me with the only remedy for my back/neck injury I incurred eight years ago. He's a god send!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

Okay, this is a little weird as I took my mother to see him regarding injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident, I was a little concerned when the appt was at 7pm, the office had nothing in it, no medical files, no reception, just a couple of chairs in a 10x10' room and an adjoining 10'x10' room if that. This office is in Toronto, so he is currently practicing in both cities. Be careful, he did not speak much to my mother, didn't look at her (wouldn't have let her remove any articles of clothing in this location) Not sure what his final report will be, starting to get skeptical about doctors!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

The rudest, most ignorant doctor I have ever seen. I have never felt so overlooked and ridiculed in all my life. I dislike him immensely and would NEVER recommend him to anyone, not even my worst enemy!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2008