Ratings for Dr. Wing Lim

Admittedly, my experience with Dr. Lim is limited. He sees my parent inside an extended care facility. What I have observed there has not been good. Dr. Lim seems very unapproachable. He is always too busy to talk with his patients' family. More troubling are the concerns I have regarding his medical expertise. Having an advanced knowledge of several medical conditions my parent suffers from, I can observe symptoms and understand needed treatments when things aren't going well. I have been dumbfounded on numerous occasions, though, in the way Dr. Lim responded to these symptoms. He has at times increased medications when they should have been lowered, and done the opposite when the meds should have been increased. The consequences in both cases were predictably dire. His method of adjusting medications seems little more than trial and error. The treatment regime he prescribes for my parent is completely unconventional. I have referred to specialists who have also wondered what he is doing. I have very little confidence in Dr. Lim's medical expertise.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Dr. Lim has been my GP for nearly 10 years. I never feel rushed at my appointment. He is very knowledgable. I like that he is in to preventive medicine. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

He did a procedure on my wife that sent her to the emergency many times. Many painful trips by ambulance. She has not been in good health since. He destroyed our hopes and dreams. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Lim for years. I find that he is complete and thorough. He send me for tests that are important for someone my age female 53, for things that some GP's would not. I believe that he checks all aspects of my health and YES sometimes you do wait for him, I love there staff and I would not change.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

“Seniors Beware” Dr. Lim appears to be more interested in doing work for drug representatives experimenting with new medications than caring for his patients. When he took over Dr. Frain’s practice 20 years ago, he was already making mistakes with dosages. Of course, he was young then. My son and I fled from his practice. Dosage errors pushed me away, and my son was put off by his recommendation of chiropractic and Lim’s attempt to pull him into Network 21: a multi-level marketing scheme. The dosage errors compound over time. He often recommends medicine that requires special authorization from Blue Cross, making us pay $30 each time for him to submit approval requests. If you do see Dr. Lim, make sure you give him written lists with questions you have and that you receive written responses. If I were including my opinions as to why he operates the way he does, this review would be 10 times longer, but as you can see there are more than enough disconcerting facts to choose from.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

I think Dr. Lim is about average for a family doc these days. Too many patients to see and not enough time spent with each individually. He seems to have a fondness for suggesting expensive supplements but that just seems to be his thing. He seems to try his best but I really wish he wasn't so rushed all the time. Office hours are also very hard to book in convenient slots for us working folk.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

Dr. Lim is ALWAYS LATE. His front line staff are unprofessional and rude to say the least. When Dr. Lim first practiced in Sherwood Park years ago, he was very good. Now his office feels like a conveyer belt.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

If there was not a GP shortage, Dr. Lim would not have the clients he has now. Waiting 60-90 minutes for an appointment is absurd. He has a brand new office, which is chaotic at best. The front desk staff are completely useless and have no idea what it means to dress and act professionally. Contrary to one reviewer saying that he triple books, he doesn't. He quadruple books patients in a 15 minute time slot. If you are looking for a doctor, and don't want long waits for appointments, go to a medicenter. You won't be kept waiting as long, and at least the docs spend more than 3 rushed minutes with you.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2011

Good doctor but usually long waits. I believe he needs to make less appointments to be more timley.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

Dr. Lim is my father's doctor and he visits him in the extended care facility. Found him very knowledgeable and interested in the big picture. Not lots of experience with him but I liked him. Enough to ask if he was taking new patients (myself) but he specializes now in geriatrics.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011