Ratings for Dr. Cara Ewert

When I asked this physician why she continually comes to office ~45 minutes after her patients have been scheduled at start of day, her response was "It's my office. I can do what I want." That aside, I do appreciate Dr. Ewert's helpfulness and direction regarding medical issues and she has been thorough in directing my concerns.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Fantastic experience. We cant thank her enough how she helped our son. He had been ill for over two months, been to 2 other doctors and emergency. She was the one who got to the bottom of the problem and in 1 day! Amazing dedication. We are so grateful.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I became a patient because my partner was one and I have been a patient for over 4 years now. It should have been a red flag for me ... I suffer from mental health issues which she knew about because of my partner, and when had my interview with Dr. Ewert she threatened me. She assumed I was going to be violent and rude in her clinic therefore decided to "put me in my place" so to speak. I was so shocked I didn't say anything. There was and still is a doctor shortage so I eventually got over it and continued to see her. For my latest visit I Scheduled an appointment ask some questions regarding birth control, so naturally it would be a slightly longer appointment. This is something that the receptionist knew and made sure to give me an appointment with adequate time. I waited about 1 hour this time (average wait is 1hr 15 mins) Dr Ewert came in with her cheeks squirreled full of food and I have to wait for her to choke it all down before I can even start my appointment. She answered 1 question and literally sat there looking at me blank. She shrugged her shoulders at me and left. What???!!!?? She spent almost the whole time chewing her food and left in the middle of me trying to get a couple questions answered. She had to have been in the room not more than 5 minutes. She may be knowledgeable but this doctor is a joke and a waste of time. She show zero compassion and she is constantly late. I let that slide for the first few years. She continuously ignores the issues I present to her by either referring me to someone else or prescribing me things she knows I cannot afford. On numerous occasions she has prescribed things the pharmacist has never seen before which drives the Pharmacists absolutely crazy because then they have to try and get a hold of her. About 8 months ago I went in for knee and back pain ... she was irritated with me because I could not afford Physio treatment and now continues to make snide comments about how I don't have any money and how if I did I wouldn't keep coming to her about my problems, cause shes really busy. I think this is very odd behavior and very inappropriate behavior for a doctor. I feel like I should record her and play it to others so they can see what she is truly like. For someone suffering with terrible anxiety, every single experience/encounter with this person is traumatic and takes me days to recover from. I have been a model patient and have been nothing but kind to her and respectful in her office. I checked out Dr. Ewert's reviews on this site a hew years ago and was chocked at the negatives but they are all true! After that last experience I believe she deserves this review. I now go to walk in clinics where every doctor I see treats me with respect, kindness and compassion. At a walk in clinic, they treat your issue ... then they leave, not before. All the staff at Herald Street Health are amazing with the exception of Dr. Ewert.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

She is a great Doctor and keeps on top of issues for me. Sometimes she get a bit overloaded and it can take her a few minutes to get into the moment

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I have left the care of Dr Ewert, she was always late and really didn't know who I was from one visit to the next. One time the office called me in to discuss a blood test and she came in to the exam room and asked me why I was there today! Glad to have secured a new GP in Victoria (which isn't easy)

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Ewert's for 12 yrs, she's fantastic! She's knowledgeable, compassionate, and caring. She wants to find what is wrong or fix what hurts and isn't satisfied until you are better and will want a follow up to make sure you are. I can't recommend her enough.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I am a new patient to Dr. Ewert and I have to say I have never been more impressed by a doctor. Her passion for wellness and prevention goes well beyond what I have ever experienced with a doctor before. She is knowledgable and constantly learning and cares deeply about her patient's health needs. Dr. Ewert establishes a health baseline and then proceeds from there methodically with a plan and encourages patient participation with great follow up and encouragement. I love this doctor!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Ewerts for several years and I feel very blessed to have her as my primary care giver. She is thorough, compassionate, professional and a wonderful patient advocate. I trust her judgement and her recommendations. She views me as a whole person and not just a patient to process. Her ongoing commitment to education and desire to treat my health from a holistic viewpoint is truly refreshing. Her level of care is well worth the occasional wait and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her. Thank you to Dr. Ewert and her staff! I feel very well cared for!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I have been a patient with Dr. Ewert since I was in emergency after being rear ended in a car accident. This was over 15 years ago. I remember how thorough and professional she was and have continued to be in her care through surgery, cancer, and healthy living practice. She's continued to keep up with new medical and holistic health approaches and always has insights and ideas that help me maintain positive mindframe. Thank you Susan and Dr. Cara ... I can wait my turn to see you anytime.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I really like Dr. Ewert. She is kind and compassionate, follows through on issues and has a way of lifting your spirit when you are down. Takes the time when you need it. I'm happy to finally have a Doctor who cares.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015