Ratings for Dr. Cara Ewert

Literally the worst doctor ever. She is always SO LATE and makes you feel so uncomfortable when she actually gets around to seeing you. She clearly doesnt care about her patients. I have no idea how she is always late as she rushes everyone in and out and doesn't try to get to the bottom of why you're there. I have been going to her since I was a teenager and had to stop because she was so horrible to me and would make me cry every time I went to her. AVOID this woman at all costs. Absolutely horrible.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

I've been going to Cara for several years now and completely trust her knowledge and expertise with every health issue I have come to her with. Yes, she runs late (what doctor doesn't?) so I now call ahead to Susan her receptionist to gauge how behind she is and show up accordingly. She's not a "warm fuzzies" kind of person (I don't need a therapy session or deep conversation when I see my doctor), but she does care deeply about her patients and getting to the bottom of their ailments. And her breadth of knowledge that ranges from sports medicine to reproductive health to herbal remedies is why I trust her with just about anything. She doesn't hesitate to order tests for you to rule out anything, and always takes my concerns seriously. She's a big advocate for people, especially women, being their own health advocate and being proactive. And for that, I will continue to sing Cara's praises.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Where do I start - the 30-60 minute wait beyond my scheduled appointment times; showing up for an appt booked less than 24 hours ago to find the appt was given to someone else; the cold shoulder and lack of eye contact as you explain your reason for being there and she silently types on her laptop; the feeling that you are an inconvenience to her and her whole day; being sent for tests without explanation which resulted in me paying $120 for things not covered by MSP and having to go multiple times as some tests required fasting; having to do my own swabs in the public washroom next door! Worst care I have ever experienced.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

I always have to wait .. I came to her with a complaint about harsh pain in my upper right side.. I had my gallbladder out about 10 years ago and each time I visited to talk about the pain she would say “oh it’s probably gall bladder” and I would tell her I had it out. I visited about 5 times and each time she said the same thing and we never got to the bottom of it. I think she is all about money. My experience with her is she has no compassion, no beside manner or caring and I have no idea why she would have chosen this field to work in. I will add one positive thing that she has one great receptionist named Susan.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

And yet again, I wait for 30+ minutes past my appointment time only to spend 3 minutes with Dr. Ewert. Never knows why I'm there and doesn't even check my files to see when previous tests were done. No cursory exam, just a quick question and lab tests. Asks how I am then interrupts with how she is - doesn't really listen to concerns. I've gotten called in to go over lab results only to find out they are normal; what a waste of my time (more billing for her I guess). Call me in if there's something I need to be concerned about, don't call me in if everything is okay. She told me once to not go to walk-in clinics and come to her for continuity of care - that's a joke coming from her, who doesn't even know why I'm coming in & doesn't even check my file before she comes into see me. I've stayed with her because of the shortage of Doctors taking new patients, but I've had enough; I'm going to go to walk-in clinics, where the Doctors there listen to you and actually ask questions about my concerns.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

I third this: I second this: "Dr. Ewert has an entitled attitude and doesn't really seem to care about her patients at all." Makes me feel like I'm wasting her time. Never remembers me and the fact that i suffered an extremely traumatic car accident.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I second this: "Dr. Ewert has an entitled attitude and doesn't really seem to care about her patients at all." My experience with her nearly derailed my life. Not to mention her tactics of manipulation. Be very careful. It is all about the money. Whenever she can push other treatments on you using scare tactics, she will. You'll be shuffled to other practitioners in her practice. Ensure that you are educated on your condition(s). She will want to get friendly to learn more about your life and try to give you advice that is absurd. She needs to take a good look at the way she conducts herself.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

When I asked this physician why she continually comes to office ~45 minutes after her patients have been scheduled at start of day, her response was "It's my office. I can do what I want." That aside, I do appreciate Dr. Ewert's helpfulness and direction regarding medical issues and she has been thorough in directing my concerns.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Fantastic experience. We cant thank her enough how she helped our son. He had been ill for over two months, been to 2 other doctors and emergency. She was the one who got to the bottom of the problem and in 1 day! Amazing dedication. We are so grateful.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017