Ratings for Dr. Cara Ewert

I always have to wait .. I came to her with a complaint about harsh pain in my upper right side.. I had my gallbladder out about 10 years ago and each time I visited to talk about the pain she would say “oh it’s probably gall bladder” and I would tell her I had it out. I visited about 5 times and each time she said the same thing and we never got to the bottom of it. I think she is all about money. My experience with her is she has no compassion, no beside manner or caring and I have no idea why she would have chosen this field to work in. I will add one positive thing that she has one great receptionist named Susan.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

And yet again, I wait for 30+ minutes past my appointment time only to spend 3 minutes with Dr. Ewert. Never knows why I'm there and doesn't even check my files to see when previous tests were done. No cursory exam, just a quick question and lab tests. Asks how I am then interrupts with how she is - doesn't really listen to concerns. I've gotten called in to go over lab results only to find out they are normal; what a waste of my time (more billing for her I guess). Call me in if there's something I need to be concerned about, don't call me in if everything is okay. She told me once to not go to walk-in clinics and come to her for continuity of care - that's a joke coming from her, who doesn't even know why I'm coming in & doesn't even check my file before she comes into see me. I've stayed with her because of the shortage of Doctors taking new patients, but I've had enough; I'm going to go to walk-in clinics, where the Doctors there listen to you and actually ask questions about my concerns.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

I third this: I second this: "Dr. Ewert has an entitled attitude and doesn't really seem to care about her patients at all." Makes me feel like I'm wasting her time. Never remembers me and the fact that i suffered an extremely traumatic car accident.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I second this: "Dr. Ewert has an entitled attitude and doesn't really seem to care about her patients at all." My experience with her nearly derailed my life. Not to mention her tactics of manipulation. Be very careful. It is all about the money. Whenever she can push other treatments on you using scare tactics, she will. You'll be shuffled to other practitioners in her practice. Ensure that you are educated on your condition(s). She will want to get friendly to learn more about your life and try to give you advice that is absurd. She needs to take a good look at the way she conducts herself.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

When I asked this physician why she continually comes to office ~45 minutes after her patients have been scheduled at start of day, her response was "It's my office. I can do what I want." That aside, I do appreciate Dr. Ewert's helpfulness and direction regarding medical issues and she has been thorough in directing my concerns.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Fantastic experience. We cant thank her enough how she helped our son. He had been ill for over two months, been to 2 other doctors and emergency. She was the one who got to the bottom of the problem and in 1 day! Amazing dedication. We are so grateful.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I became a patient because my partner was one and I have been a patient for over 4 years now. It should have been a red flag for me ... I suffer from mental health issues which she knew about because of my partner, and when had my interview with Dr. Ewert she threatened me. She assumed I was going to be violent and rude in her clinic therefore decided to "put me in my place" so to speak. I was so shocked I didn't say anything. There was and still is a doctor shortage so I eventually got over it and continued to see her. For my latest visit I Scheduled an appointment ask some questions regarding birth control, so naturally it would be a slightly longer appointment. This is something that the receptionist knew and made sure to give me an appointment with adequate time. I waited about 1 hour this time (average wait is 1hr 15 mins) Dr Ewert came in with her cheeks squirreled full of food and I have to wait for her to choke it all down before I can even start my appointment. She answered 1 question and literally sat there looking at me blank. She shrugged her shoulders at me and left. What???!!!?? She spent almost the whole time chewing her food and left in the middle of me trying to get a couple questions answered. She had to have been in the room not more than 5 minutes. She may be knowledgeable but this doctor is a joke and a waste of time. She show zero compassion and she is constantly late. I let that slide for the first few years. She continuously ignores the issues I present to her by either referring me to someone else or prescribing me things she knows I cannot afford. On numerous occasions she has prescribed things the pharmacist has never seen before which drives the Pharmacists absolutely crazy because then they have to try and get a hold of her. About 8 months ago I went in for knee and back pain ... she was irritated with me because I could not afford Physio treatment and now continues to make snide comments about how I don't have any money and how if I did I wouldn't keep coming to her about my problems, cause shes really busy. I think this is very odd behavior and very inappropriate behavior for a doctor. I feel like I should record her and play it to others so they can see what she is truly like. For someone suffering with terrible anxiety, every single experience/encounter with this person is traumatic and takes me days to recover from. I have been a model patient and have been nothing but kind to her and respectful in her office. I checked out Dr. Ewert's reviews on this site a hew years ago and was chocked at the negatives but they are all true! After that last experience I believe she deserves this review. I now go to walk in clinics where every doctor I see treats me with respect, kindness and compassion. At a walk in clinic, they treat your issue ... then they leave, not before. All the staff at Herald Street Health are amazing with the exception of Dr. Ewert.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

She is a great Doctor and keeps on top of issues for me. Sometimes she get a bit overloaded and it can take her a few minutes to get into the moment

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I have left the care of Dr Ewert, she was always late and really didn't know who I was from one visit to the next. One time the office called me in to discuss a blood test and she came in to the exam room and asked me why I was there today! Glad to have secured a new GP in Victoria (which isn't easy)

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016