Ratings for Dr. Cara Ewert

Dr. Cara Ewert has been my doctor for over 12 years. She is a very good professional who is accurate in her assessments and referrals. Every time I see Dr. Ewert I get the help I need; it has been a pleasure interacting with her. Due to my experience, my daughter is now Dr. Ewert's patient too. I also think that we -as patients- need to be proactive and help our doctor to take care of our health. When I see Dr. Ewert, I go prepared with a short summary of my visit's purpose, last visit's date and key information. In this way we make great use of my appointments. I am very grateful to have Dr. Ewert as my doctor.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

Dr. Ewert has been our primary care physician for 10 years and we have the utmost appreciation and respect for her. She's exceptionally thorough, attentive, compassionate, and fully up to date. In addition to her medical expertise, she and her assistants are truly amazing when it comes to working through B.C. Health's byzantine guidelines for referrals to specialists. Does she run late for her appointments? Of course she does, because in our experience she gives each of her patients the time and attention they need. Our simple solution – arrive a few minutes early, bring a book, and rest assured that when it's our turn, we will be given the time and attention we require. The best is worth waiting for!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

Ms Ewert has been our doctor for a long time, thru kids and many friends. Always very busy and yes sometimes runs behind, but what we love, is that we are not rushed. She takes her time to listen and is very through in her application to health. Victoria needs more doctors period, as I know many without one. We would highly recommend Dr. Ewert. Very hard to find a good compassionate, knowledgeable and health conscious doctor in these times, I find....

flag | Submitted November 17, 2018

A very seasoned professional doctor, who I trust with my health. I feel she is on the cutting edge and always seems to be looking for answers in a holistic approach. I highly recommend this woman, as she has treated my whole family for a long time and recently helped us threw some serious health related issues, and glad to say coming back to our active ways.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

Amazing doctor! Made my daughter feel at easy and was right in her diagnosis, when others were guessing, she nailed it... Dr. Ewert has so much experience with treating athletes and her own story was very powerful. I wish there was more doctors in this town that actually seem to care but i guess there is a massive shortage, lucky to be with her now!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

'Lost' all our medical files when we transferred physicians due to some sort of software issue. If you are her patient, ask if she still has your files from 5 years ago...

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Literally the worst doctor ever. She is always SO LATE and makes you feel so uncomfortable when she actually gets around to seeing you. She clearly doesnt care about her patients. I have no idea how she is always late as she rushes everyone in and out and doesn't try to get to the bottom of why you're there. I have been going to her since I was a teenager and had to stop because she was so horrible to me and would make me cry every time I went to her. AVOID this woman at all costs. Absolutely horrible.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

I've been going to Cara for several years now and completely trust her knowledge and expertise with every health issue I have come to her with. Yes, she runs late (what doctor doesn't?) so I now call ahead to Susan her receptionist to gauge how behind she is and show up accordingly. She's not a "warm fuzzies" kind of person (I don't need a therapy session or deep conversation when I see my doctor), but she does care deeply about her patients and getting to the bottom of their ailments. And her breadth of knowledge that ranges from sports medicine to reproductive health to herbal remedies is why I trust her with just about anything. She doesn't hesitate to order tests for you to rule out anything, and always takes my concerns seriously. She's a big advocate for people, especially women, being their own health advocate and being proactive. And for that, I will continue to sing Cara's praises.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Where do I start - the 30-60 minute wait beyond my scheduled appointment times; showing up for an appt booked less than 24 hours ago to find the appt was given to someone else; the cold shoulder and lack of eye contact as you explain your reason for being there and she silently types on her laptop; the feeling that you are an inconvenience to her and her whole day; being sent for tests without explanation which resulted in me paying $120 for things not covered by MSP and having to go multiple times as some tests required fasting; having to do my own swabs in the public washroom next door! Worst care I have ever experienced.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

I always have to wait .. I came to her with a complaint about harsh pain in my upper right side.. I had my gallbladder out about 10 years ago and each time I visited to talk about the pain she would say “oh it’s probably gall bladder” and I would tell her I had it out. I visited about 5 times and each time she said the same thing and we never got to the bottom of it. I think she is all about money. My experience with her is she has no compassion, no beside manner or caring and I have no idea why she would have chosen this field to work in. I will add one positive thing that she has one great receptionist named Susan.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018