Ratings for Dr. Sylvia Fahim

Worst doctor I have ever been to... I am surprised she still has patients. The only reason she still has patients is because she is located in the erindale area with a lack of family GPs. She is always late, (be ready to wait AT LEAST 30 minutes past your appointment. The nurse is helpful but the receptionist is a joke. She wanted to charge me $50 for a copy of my history... as i wanted to change doctors. Also - she prescribes medicine like its candy, never wants to try to get to root of problems. - Starts every appointment with "hello, how are you today" and then its just downhill from there - Barely pays attention to your symptoms - Writes off injuries as "minor", which have caused me complications later on. - Will require you to come in for an appointment every month to even refill on birth control, where most doctors allow refills via fax..... - Gives you 5 minutes after a long wait, then rushes out after printing the prescription, even lacks the decency to GIVE you the prescription, simply prints and leaves it at the printer for you to collect.... She has ZERO manners... Avoid her if you can, you won't get a diagnosis... only delay.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

She is always late despite an appointment, save your sanity and skip this doctor. She had misdiagnosed me for months and ruined my health. She was my family doctor, and have been going to her only because of the proximity to my residence. I have been going in for a frozen shoulder, and she recommended steroids without even considering any other options She is so quick to prescribe medicine, and does not care at all the effects. I have been consulting another doctor recently and the physiotherapy has done wonders. Avoid her if you can, I believe all the positive reviews are fake because no one could ever admit shes ever punctual or gives attention

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Absolutely the worst doctor I have ever encountered in my life. Her staff and her practice is just there to make money by giving you barely 5 minutes after a 30 minute wait. She is in and out the door within 5 minutes without even listening to your symptoms. She is judgmental and rude , I went to her to request for STI testing as she is my family doctor, and she gave me a very judgmental look. Then proceeded to ask "Oh you got married? " What kind of backwards doctor feels the need to call out their patient on their sexual decisions. Most docs would be glad that you're being precautionary... If you want to wait for hours despite an appointment, get insulted, and then get a wrong diagnosis... Go to her.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

She does not know what she is doing, no matter what you ask her she responded with “I’m not concerned”.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Have to waits hours to see her but she doesnt sit and listen for 10 min. Always in a rush to get out the door

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

This doctor used be caring doctor. Before she even had her own clinic, she didn't rush her patients. I have been going to hwbeen r ever since my previous family doctor has retired. I have my 1 year old checkup and he cried because of the shots he received. Her reaction was so rude, she made that face when you get irritated of hearing a child cry. And she closed her ears for few seconds. I was soo shocked to see that. No respect what so ever!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Excellent doctor poor staff. The doctor with lot of knowledge and having concern for your smallest health issue

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Dr. Fahim has saved my life on multiple occasions now. She is a lovely and compassionate doctor. Shortly after taking me on as a new patient, she saw on one visit that I needed to be at the hospital asap. Within 12 hours I underwent a life saving surgery. Several years later I was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer and she pulled out all of the stops to get me to the best surgeons and oncologists. I'm strong and healthy because of those referrals. Recently, I had some blood work done and when she received a call from the lab at 5 am. She was on the phone with me shortly after and again had me in an ambulance to the hospital for urgent treatments. Her follow up with me and aftercare has been truly beyond expectations. Her knowledge helps me to get on the right path again and again. Her staff are wonderful ladies! Always kind. Give them a smile and a happy hello. You will always get it reflected back at you.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Very helpful, knowledgeable and nice Doctor...I did a wise move by making her my family physician...

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

I am always disappointed when I visit this medical clinic. The staff is terrible, unfriendly, lack customer service and always look upset. Dr. Fahim always looks tired and quickly rushes through your appointment. She does not seem to really care about helping others or maybe it's just me, not sure. Dr. Faltas is my family doctor and although he is polite and friendly, he lacks understanding, empathy and listening skills. I am in the process of finding a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017