Ratings for Dr. Scott F. Young

Dr. Young is quite good. I've been very pleased over the years with him. His staff and their inability to handle basic functions like answering the phone and properly scheduling appointments is a different matter. It saddens me that I am considering switching to a different family doctor simply because of frustrations with an incompetent support staff.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

I really like Scott Young and the care I've received from him. He is engaging, listens to me, and gives me options. I like his sense of humor. I agree with another rater that the lab people in the office are great. His support staff are unfailingly polite and helpful when called to renew prescriptions or ask questions. My only regret is that there is no way to communicate with Dr. Young (or anyone else in his office) via email. I would love to share articles that I have read that pertain to my care and get his opinion. I suspect restricting email is because of a time issue, however, and do without it because I don't want him to have to spend so much of his time answering emails that he can't care for patients. I also suspect there is not enough staff in the office to deal with emails.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

This dr. let my mother die with cancer. He knew it and still didn't tell her or her family. Please be aware of this Dr. he will kill your love ones.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Dr. Young is attitive and listened to everyone of my concerns. I honestly fear going to the doctor and he has a slight sense of humor that really helps relax me. He is professional and takes every one of my concerns and addresses it. I actually look forward to going to the doctor now. His Waynesboro office is also very accomidating. His nurses are kind and treat me like a person, not just a number. The lab techs are patient and really do a great job. I tend to faint when getting blood work done, I've had to go twice for blood work and I haven't had an eppisode. I strongly recomend Dr. Youngs whole office to anyone...young and old.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2009

Dr. Scott F. Young's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Waynesboro, VA