Ratings for Dr. James Blakslee

Dr.Blakslee is a skilled surgeon. My husband had 3 surgery's done by him,and we are very happy with the outcome each time! The same with the staff,they are very friendly and caring at the Winchester Hospital,we are so fortunate to have this wonderful care in our home town!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Was 75 minutes behind schedule. He gave me his somewhat 'attentive' attention for all of 6 minutes. Examined me, complained about the medical system, practically laughed in my face when I was upset he could not give me a surgery date until some tests were re-run. Terrible bedside manner. Probably been overworked for too long but I deserved better treatment.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Very thorough and great bedside manner. I felt like he was really listening to my concerns and scheduled me in VERY quickly for all of the procedures required. Very satisfied.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr Blakslee provided an excellent level of care . As a patient I was well informed about the aspects of my medical condition and the options for treatment . Recovery care and follow up were of equally high standard.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Dr. Blakslee takes great pride in his work he had to go in to remove my thyroid which was cancerous. He took the entire thyroid out and stitched me back up his work is immaculate people cannot even see my scar. They then found cancer in my lympth nodes and I was sent to Ottawa what a mess they made I had huge lumps of skin hanging. When Dr. Blakslee seen what they had done he fixed it and you can no longer see that scar either and I don't have to be self conscious when out. He knew his stuff and his work is remarkable. I will be eternally grateful to him.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

was referred by ER doctor took almost a month and a half to get the appointment. he came in the room asked me why I was there... told me he would not preform surgery because of my weight and he would refer me to Ottawa. I am sure that Winchester Hospital Surgeons have operated on a person weighing just over 250 lbs. POOR bedside manners

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Great Doctor. Very friendly and doesn't rush you when you have questions. I even ran into him while out and about outside of work. He recognized me, and took the time to say hi instead of just walking by.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

Wonderful doctor. Listens, asks specific questions, answers yours politely and with confidence. Would definitely recommand him and see him again.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

He is a wonderful Doctor so kind and helpful. I highly recommnend him. Both my husband and I have been to see him. He is very professional.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

This man is a great surgeon. He is very professional, gives you the information you need and his followup after a procedure is timely and helpful . A realy good physcian.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013