Ratings for Dr. Nehama Dresner

Shame on Chicago Women's Health Group (part of Northwestern) for reccomending this practice! Nothing I have to say hasn't been said in all the other reviews.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Dresner for a number of years and I credit her with saving my life. She is the only psychiatrist I've been to (and I've been to a few) who understands the importance of both medication and talk therapy. She quickly figured out meds that helped me get to a place where I could do the really hard work of therapy. If you are looking for a doctor who will coddle you, wrap you in a warm blanket, give you a cup of cocoa, and just listen to you talk about how depressed you are feeling, she is definitely not the right doctor for you! She is exactly the opposite of an enabling doctor. However, if you are open to being challenged and taking an active role in understanding and working through all the baggage and misery you've experienced in your life, she's the one. Her relationship with her patients--in my experience, at least--is one of fierce and loyal love. She can definitely give tough love sometimes, but it's always with the goal of helping you be your best and most (dare I say?) happy self. She does talk about her family sometimes, often about crazy or silly things that have happened in it; I've actually found it refreshing and humanizing to have a doctor who doesn't think she has all the answers in her own life, and who doesn't want to be put on a pedestal. I'll just end by saying that I never thought I could get to a place where I'm happy with my life and myself and where I'm at peace with my past, and Dr. Dresner got me there.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Rude, inpatient and judgmental, which was not what I needed when I needed a doctor to address depression and anxiety.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

When I visit a physician practice, kind, medical competence based on genuine care for favorable patient outcomes is what I seek. I have significant depression and needed an expert consultation.I am kind, interested in my illness, and highly motivated to improve. What ensued during this two-session consultation will never cease to appall me. The outcome was mis-diagnosis by way of a 40-minute barrage of insults and accusations (shouting). An experience that I believe could drive an unsupported, significantly depressed person to self-harm. I found her methods atrocious; her interactions, disgustingly rude; her motivations, questionable; her interest and respect for me, absent. I found her behavior unethical; not in keeping with this AMA Principle of Medical Ethics: "A physician shall...regard responsibility to the patient as paramount". I left the office poorer, quite troubled, and with no useful medical information to guide my referral source in further medical intervention.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

I went into the appointment hopeful. I left there in tears. Dresner bullied and pathologized me. Did not listen to me. She has a reputation for arrogance, but I just needed medication advice. She flippantly said she would give me any antidepressant. I would have to make a separate appointment to discuss side effects because our time was up. She was 10 minutes late to the appointment, even though I was the first appointment of the day. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Northwestern psychiatrists Kara Driscoll and Crystal Clark are much better. They were horrified when I told them all the details of what Dresner did.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

I really wanted this to work. However, this doctor over a period of a year and a half did not: a) adhere to punctuality; b) remember the details of my case; c) speak well of other people that she and I knew in common. Furthermore, she appeared to sneer at my requests about being on the least amount of pills as possible. She denied my request to see another psych in her practice. This doctor is highly self-centered during appointments and I am fairly certain I can remember more information about her family than she can about mine if both of us were to be questioned under oath. I ended up having to use the internet to figure out how to treat myself. I expected a lot more with the monies charged of patients. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the doctor nor the practice this doctor manages. I regret and chafe at the time and money I spent.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Very rushed, no patience, poor bedside mannor, indifferent, insensitive.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

Ms. Dresner is not interested in getting to the root of your problem, understanding it and treating it. Everyone else is right...she is self-absorbed and she could care less about her patients. Her attitude is...'shut up...follow our program...pay our fees...and don't question it.' Her entire practice is tailored to be the most lucrative for Ms. Dresner. In essence, it is like a Wall Street financial firm...only the bottom line counts.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

Personable. Can handle complex cases, particularly mood disorders in pregnancy and postpartum. Knows all the research. Impressive. I just like her.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2010

Completely self-absorbed. Does not have the ability to listen and empathize. Egotistic person who is always talking about her husband and herself.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2009

Dr. Nehama Dresner's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal