Ratings for Dr. Michael Cheng

I've been a patient of Dr. Cheng since I was little, and I'm 35 now. Anytime I call for an appointment, his receptionists are pleasant and get me in to see him that day. I don't find there to be a long wait time for appointments. Dr. Cheng is experienced and wise. He doesn't push medicines, but he prescribed me one (for anxiety) when I finally needed it. First, he recommended books, Zen Buddhism, and lifestyle changes, which I think other doctors need to do more of. I recently had a big health issue which needed diagnosis, and while he would happily see me weekly to listen to my complaints, I wasn't referred to a specialist as soon as I should have been. Once I was, I was diagnosed with something serious but manageable. I find that I see my specialist, and then go back to Dr. Cheng to make sense of what my specialist is suggesting, because unlike my specialist, Dr. Cheng has time for me, listens to my concerns, and explains meds or illness well to me. I have stood up to leave his office, and had him tell me to sit back down and keep talking with him, because he is truly concerned about my well being. He makes me feel good. So, I recommend this gentle and caring doctor to anyone. I just note that he could take a little extra time getting you referred out in some cases.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I have been with this doctor for 30 years he has totally lost interest in what he does. I can't believe people have stated he is a good communicator he is ready to retire and rushes you out of his office. I have since left and find it refreshing to find someone how truly cares to listen.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Very knowledgeable and is very communicable. I would definitely recommend Michael. He has been my doctor for 40 years.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

My Family and I have been patients of Dr. Michael Cheng for 36years. I have never met anyone so attentive and thoughtful in the medical field. He always takes time to discuss and support your issues. You need to be respectful to him and to take his guidance. Don't just go in with your own diagnosis and expect him to give you handful of drugs . I am glad that many of you disgruntles have moved on. You do not deserve his time and care. My wait will be shorter thanks to you.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

For over 30 years I have been a loyal patient of Dr Micheal Cheng's. Patiently waiting for him sometimes for over one hour or more even with an appointment not complaining never charging him for my time" like a good patient and like many other in that office I waited and waited. It wasn't till I needed something from him that I realized he has no compassion for anyone just for money. And if you refuse to see his daughter when he is not available he will turn on you maybe if she was a better doctor some of us would go to her. I have since found another doctor who is there for me and my family. Unfortunately I waited to long and got to sick before I went to someone else but better late then never.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

I have been with Dr. Cheng for 25 years now and I am very satisfied with his work. He is polite and kind to his patients and puts effort into understanding the problems they are experiencing. He really cares about the health of his patients, as evidenced by his lack of will in subscribing powerful medications to people. I had extremely severe acne growing up and I many times begged Dr. Cheng to subscribe me Accutane. He refused out of concerns for my health and kept adamant for several months if not over a year. Only once my acne started covering my entire body did he send me to a specialist, once again warning me about the potential repercussions of using Accutane. For awhile I was a bit upset at Dr. Cheng about this; I felt it was my right to ask for these medications when I did, and that I did not deserve to wait all those months. Low and behold Accutane is pulled off the shelves only a few years later due to the horrible effects it can have on your body. That's just the kind of guy Dr. Cheng is. He doesn't care if you're going to hate him or be pissed off about something arbitrary. He cares about being a good doctor and doing what's good for your health. Honestly, what more could you ask for? I am quite disappointed with the reviews I am reading on here. The opinions seem to be heavily fueled by anger; Dr. Cheng may have flaws but he's a nice enough person to not garner such an aggressive reaction. Thus the logical conclusion is that these are essentially knee-jerk reactions to bad experiences with one's health, being blamed on a doctor that was unable to assist and find a solution for them.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Family has been going here for many years. Caring kind doctor

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I have been with Dr. Cheng for many years. He used to be a very good doctor but recently I found he is very impatient and stubborn, the only thing he cares is his business and he does not listen at all. After many times request, I finally got his exam sheet. After he saw the result, he just said you are old but I do not have a magic wand. This is not what I want to hear from a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Cheng for over 22 years. During the first 15 or so he was patient and helpful; first tried to diagnose and help you with your problems, and then sent you to a specialist if he couldn't help. Lately though (6-8 years now) he has lost that touch. It takes 30-45 minutes after you arrive to actually see him. He is very impatient, tries to rush you through the appointment, and is insanely stubborn. For instance, if you complain about spinal problems, he will tell you to stand against a wall and fix your posture. After arguing that I've done this and my spine just seems curved, he told me "nope just fix your posture" and sent me packing. I told him I am having sever individual cases of OCD and if I could see someone to talk about it.. nope... it would "take too long", so he said "it's all in your head" and packed me up. This is NOT a GP anymore. This is a stubborn old man that should have stopped practicing half a dozen years ago.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

i've been going to dr. cheng for many years now, he used to be helpful but these days i find he doesn't show much patience for his patients and isn't very good at prescribing the correct medication

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010