Ratings for Dr. Steve M. Bloom

I give dr bloom all 5s. I had a very rude experience with another OB last year concerning a miscarriage and I was very reluctant about going through another situation like that but my midwife reccomended dr bloom to me because with my personality she knew I would like him right away. And she was right. I generally have smooth pregnancies so my time in the office is usually very comfortable and non invasive :) and we laugh ALOT. :) Dr Bloom is a great dr and I have reccomended him to all my friends!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

I rated Dr. Steven Bloom all 5's because I disagree with what was written above, the unsatisfied patients. Dr. Bloom has been my doctor since his first day in practice in Bellingham, and my whole family has been happy with him. I was in a severe roll over car accident, and he always encouraged me to be referred to PT and CHIRO. He provided me with the medications I needed when I moved to adapt to my new living situation (anxiety) and we are close enough to even make jokes about my alcoholic college brother who is his patient also. He listens to me, and really hears me, un-like most doctors who are in and out who don't care who you are, what you do, and what you want accomplished in your health goals. Anyways, Dr. Bloom is a cool guy, knowledgeable doctor, yeah he rants a lot, but who cares, we all have our vises.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

Dr. Bloom is very full of himself. He babbles on and on about nonsense and rarely listens to his patients. He refuses to consult with specialists. He changed my mom's medications that her oncologist and her neurologist had her on without consulting with those doctors and almost killed my mom as a result. He took her off a medication that she was on for five years. That medication should have been slowly tapered down in dosage. He cold turkey stopped her and sent her into severe withdrawal. If HE doesn't see the need for you to be on a medication, he will try to convince you to stop taking it, even if a specialist has prescribed it for you.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

Dr. Bloom is a great doctor. It is really easy to post on this site.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

Dr. Bloom does not ever provide me with useful information. Sometimes I feel he is guessing. He does not believe in prescribing drugs or any other form of prevention. He simply says "let nature handle it." To fill up his time slot he usually rambles on and on about stuff that I don't care about and that has nothing to do with my visit. If you are looking for a doctor that does not take the time to really look into your problem and and diagnose you than choose this doctor. If you want a doctor that is not a roadblock than choose another one.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

Dr. Steve M. Bloom's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2000)

AARP