Ratings for Dr. Edvin Koshi

What can you say about a man like Dr Koshi. He has compassion that reminds me of Drs growing up in a mining town,and then becoming a miner for many years I had many injuries ,back,neck just name a few. He has been treating me for three years now and he is one of the most caring Drs I have ever met dealing with chronic pain. When you live with continuous pain any relief is all I can ask for,but Dr Koshi will do his best to assess you and treat you as soon as possible. His staff are great and respect you as a patient. A Dr can only do his best,and I swear my Dr Koshi is the best.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I go to Dr. Koshi once a year for a nerve block. He is the reason I can keep working a full time job. I will see him for as long as I can. He helps to improve the quality of life for people with chronic pain.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Recently met with Koshi and it went amazing. Excellent doctor and experience. Receptionist is friendly. Yes there will be a mountain of paperwork to complete, so get ready for about 10-20 pages of work. Go in knowing dates of events and therapies you've tried, names and contact of health workers you've seen, and all medications. Koshi is widely respected and for a reason, the man knows his stuff. He will do a verbal and physical exam before deciding if these evasive procedures are needed. If he says "yes" it is will be done and you will feel mountains better. If he says "no" it is because the procedure could do more damage than good as it is a big needle by nerves and the spine. Things with him will move quickly despite the long waits and paperwork. Don't take it personally, be happy he doesn't get stumped over that yes/no decision.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I am not surprised after reading the comments placed here by some individuals. I have been seeing Dr Koshi for a number of years now. I was referred by my surgeon as a last chance to see someone who might be able to help me with extreme chronic pain. I was extremely reluctant as I had seen so many that claimed they could help and could not do anything to help however caused a lot of additional pain. Dr Koshi was extremely patient, professional and sympathetic towards me and my condition. After much persuasion I accepted a trial of his help. Well I thank god each day that I did. He has increased the quality of my life in so many ways I can hardly believe it. He tries so hard to help his patients in every way he can. This man works weekends and holidays to try to ensure he can help as many as he can as quickly as possible. He spends hours pouring over reports prior to seeing a patient so he is familiar with their case. If he says he cannot help you with you pain issues he feels worse than you do. Although he would take the time to explain the reasons , not everyone is willing to accept the truth about their condition no matter how much compassion he delivers this news with. Prior to my injuries I was employed as a nurse. I can tell you from a personal as well as professional stand point that Dr Koshi is the very best in his field. He and his staff are extremely professional companionate individuals. I am so grateful for all they do for me. Also I am in awe of how much they do for all the patients I see going through this office. If Dr Koshi says he cannot help you please accept what he is trying to tell you. He could just take payment and provide some form of treatment knowing full well it will never work. But this is not who he is. He has to be honest. I see him anguish when he is unable to help someone that had hoped he could. He is such a caring Doctor. As I said, I thank god everyday of my life for him and his ability to help me manage my pain. He cannot cure all that is wrong with me but he keeps me am lustily and my pain at a level that I can manage daily life. Thank you Dr Koshi and staff for all you have done for me and continue to do. And thank you on behalf of those that have not yet come to understand the kindness and respect for which you have treated them. Maybe some day they will.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

I was in to see Dr. Koshi as a referral through WCB. My assessment was great. He was very kind and soft spoken. Listened to what I had to say and took the time necessary to hear my concerns. He said injections in l5 S1 would be beneficial and I agreed. I had my apt. Two weeks later and was really nervous because of all the stories I had heard. He calmed me down, talked to me about everything he was doing and it was the most fantastic experience. His nurse was also great and chatted the whole time and they both made me feel super comfortable. The initial freezing stung obviously but after that felt only pressure in my leg as the medication went in and only a few seconds each time. I was very relieved. He is amazing and I won't go to anyone other than him now. Maybe he is honest with the people he feels will not benefit from his treatment and that's why some people think he is rude. He is not rude at all. I think he has great bed side manners!!! Thank you Dr. Koshi and both nurses (triage as well).

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

I had to leave my province and was referred to this man. All of 15 min very rude . Would not let me explain my condition . Cut me off at anything I tried to explain. L 5 centrally herinated compressed on both nerves. I had file sent , he did not bother to read it. Did not know I was from out of province . I have met many specialist , this man was very cruel. I am not worked comp and paying on my own. I am glad I have support with my family . He may have thought my hopes were crushed for getting help. He needs to upgrade to where technology as advanced. . God Bless those who have had a cruel experience. To not give up he is just a man . Who wants to have a name and I believe he is WC Doctor. Do not listen when he saids there is no help . Not true he just don't want to bother very rude and no time to listen , in my experience. Keep hope do not let him , take that away. Rose

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

I was sent to him through wcb,I was never humiliated so much before in my life.he pretty well told me I was a liar about my pain and told me to go back to work.i have been off work for almost 5 years with chronic pain which he calls ordinary back pain.if you go to him on your own he probably is a great doctor but when he is being pain by wcb look out he is very mean and does not care about the person.i would never recommend him to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Dr Koshi is only one of many Dr's working in various pain clinics in this province. If you are sent to see him as a CIME by either workman's comp, or an insurance company for an exam regarding a claim---PLEASE GO AND READ THIS ARTICLE FIRST. www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/the-myth-of-the-independent-medical-exam. I wish I had read it before I went. Please, Please read this article..

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr.Koshi came highly recommended to me by two friends whom he has helped. I suffered for five years with chronic back and leg pain. When I went to see Dr. Koshi (not with WCB) as a private patient for my assesment, I found him to be very compasionate and interested in what I had to say about my experience with pain and the negative changes it had made in my life. He was very open and honest about what he could do to help me and what to expect from his treatment. He left the choice up to me to have him do the treatment or have it done at the hospital. I have been waiting for over a year to hear from the hospital for a appointment. I made the choice to get my life back now instead of waiting for the hospital to call. Since I had my treatments from Dr. Koshi I have been pain free . I am able to finally go for walks again,do yoga,drive my car and get back to normal. Dr. Koshi also called me to check and see how I was doing and answered all my questions I had for him. He has a very gentle manner about him. I never at anytime felt rushed or pressured into making my decision. I have no regrets with my choice. I would highly recomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Dr. Edvin Koshi's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What can you say about a man like Dr Koshi. He has compassion that reminds me of Drs growing up in a mining town,and then becoming a miner for many years I had ..."

May 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I go to Dr. Koshi once a year for a nerve block. He is the reason I can keep working a full time job. I will see him for as long as I can. He helps to improve t..."

May 14, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Recently met with Koshi and it went amazing. Excellent doctor and experience. Receptionist is friendly. Yes there will be a mountain of paperwork to complete..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just came from a procedure at his office, professional work ethics, excellent, painless procedure, great doctor, thank you !"

February 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am not surprised after reading the comments placed here by some individuals. I have been seeing Dr Koshi for a number of years now. I was referred by my surge..."

February 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was in to see Dr. Koshi as a referral through WCB. My assessment was great. He was very kind and soft spoken. Listened to what I had to say and took the time ..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had to leave my province and was referred to this man. All of 15 min very rude . Would not let me explain my condition . Cut me off at anything I tried to ex..."

October 26, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I was sent to him through wcb,I was never humiliated so much before in my life.he pretty well told me I was a liar about my pain and told me to go back to work...."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Koshi is only one of many Dr's working in various pain clinics in this province. If you are sent to see him as a CIME by either workman's comp, or an insur..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Koshi came highly recommended to me by two friends whom he has helped. I suffered for five years with chronic back and leg pain. When I went to see Dr. Koshi..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Koshi by WCB. He talked over me and tried to make me feel comfortable (but not in a good way) . he must have some kind of a recording de..."

May 10, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I think he's all for WCB as much as he can. Call him out on it. If you go without a WCB referral but about a WCB injury he is one snotty contrary SOB!!! To ko..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "WCB doctor, avoid at all costs. lies for wcb to get you disqualified gives them the results they want"

January 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "It's hard to believe but now I am getting ready to go back to work thanks to Dr koshi I have no back pain now and with some physio I can see a full recovery!!"

January 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was injured on the job in june of 2014 thank god for the wcb workers and Dr Koshi after the first visit he relieved over half the pain by doing injections in ..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have spent over 25 years in pain due to multiple back injuries, I have seen more specialists then i care to say in multiple provinces, Last year i was sent to..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "DrKoshi says he does not work for WCB yet WCB sends the bulk of their long term clients to see him which he immediately says they are ready to go back to the jo..."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great man with excellent skill and knowledge. Couldnt have had a better doctor to help me and make me feel comfortable about the procedure he has done. Thanks y..."

October 8, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "This doctor cares more about his Diploma's than his patients. He spent the first half hour bragging about himself and who he study with. When it did come to me..."

September 30, 2014