Ratings for Dr. Edvin Koshi

Wow,Dr Koshi is one of a kind. His expertise and knowledge,is thouroughly outstanding. He is used by WCB,for patients like myself who have had a back injury ,that was work related. I went from using morphine,fentynal for pain,to now only using advil and tylenol #3,here and there. He used radio waves to knock out the neves in the facet joints, and the result is amazing. His personal touch ,with follow up phone calls,just added to wonderful care he gives. More people have to spread the word about this amazing Doctor. He has a website,the gives all the information you need regarding the procdure,you will get. Please check his website @ Halifaxspine&Pain Institute.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Never go to this doctor. He spends more time bragging about himself then he does listening to you. It's hard to talk as he cuts you off and tries to change what you said. He talks down to you and believes all doctors are below him. He does not believe Chiropractors are doctors which he actually wrote in my report. He aggressively poked and pushed multiple times on an area of my body I clearly stated he did not have my permission to. It took me months to recover from his exam. I sent a letter of complaint to the College of Surgeons and Physicans regarding Dr. Koshi and his conduct during my visit. I cannot urge you enough to avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

where do i start I firmly believe that god himself put the knowledge in this wonderful man as anyone who has had the opportunity of having their quality of life changed by dr koshi will agree the staff are caring professionals I have been seen by dr koshi since 2012 and it does hurt but if you truly are in pain worthy of his time then the pain of a few needles is a small price to pay to have your life changed dr koshi is the hardest working specialist i have ever met and there has been many he seems to take every case personal and will ONLY treat you if he thinks he can help and to those people that get the chance to see him and then not bother to show up you guys are taking up his valuable time that others that need pain relief could have been seen so if you decide to be seen by dr koshi then for god sake show up as his time is very valuable he truly can change your life HE CHANGED MINE thank you dr koshi and staff my family also thanks you

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

What can you say about a man like Dr Koshi. He has compassion that reminds me of Drs growing up in a mining town,and then becoming a miner for many years I had many injuries ,back,neck just name a few. He has been treating me for three years now and he is one of the most caring Drs I have ever met dealing with chronic pain. When you live with continuous pain any relief is all I can ask for,but Dr Koshi will do his best to assess you and treat you as soon as possible. His staff are great and respect you as a patient. A Dr can only do his best,and I swear my Dr Koshi is the best.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I go to Dr. Koshi once a year for a nerve block. He is the reason I can keep working a full time job. I will see him for as long as I can. He helps to improve the quality of life for people with chronic pain.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Recently met with Koshi and it went amazing. Excellent doctor and experience. Receptionist is friendly. Yes there will be a mountain of paperwork to complete, so get ready for about 10-20 pages of work. Go in knowing dates of events and therapies you've tried, names and contact of health workers you've seen, and all medications. Koshi is widely respected and for a reason, the man knows his stuff. He will do a verbal and physical exam before deciding if these evasive procedures are needed. If he says "yes" it is will be done and you will feel mountains better. If he says "no" it is because the procedure could do more damage than good as it is a big needle by nerves and the spine. Things with him will move quickly despite the long waits and paperwork. Don't take it personally, be happy he doesn't get stumped over that yes/no decision.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Just came from a procedure at his office, professional work ethics, excellent, painless procedure, great doctor, thank you !

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I am not surprised after reading the comments placed here by some individuals. I have been seeing Dr Koshi for a number of years now. I was referred by my surgeon as a last chance to see someone who might be able to help me with extreme chronic pain. I was extremely reluctant as I had seen so many that claimed they could help and could not do anything to help however caused a lot of additional pain. Dr Koshi was extremely patient, professional and sympathetic towards me and my condition. After much persuasion I accepted a trial of his help. Well I thank god each day that I did. He has increased the quality of my life in so many ways I can hardly believe it. He tries so hard to help his patients in every way he can. This man works weekends and holidays to try to ensure he can help as many as he can as quickly as possible. He spends hours pouring over reports prior to seeing a patient so he is familiar with their case. If he says he cannot help you with you pain issues he feels worse than you do. Although he would take the time to explain the reasons , not everyone is willing to accept the truth about their condition no matter how much compassion he delivers this news with. Prior to my injuries I was employed as a nurse. I can tell you from a personal as well as professional stand point that Dr Koshi is the very best in his field. He and his staff are extremely professional companionate individuals. I am so grateful for all they do for me. Also I am in awe of how much they do for all the patients I see going through this office. If Dr Koshi says he cannot help you please accept what he is trying to tell you. He could just take payment and provide some form of treatment knowing full well it will never work. But this is not who he is. He has to be honest. I see him anguish when he is unable to help someone that had hoped he could. He is such a caring Doctor. As I said, I thank god everyday of my life for him and his ability to help me manage my pain. He cannot cure all that is wrong with me but he keeps me am lustily and my pain at a level that I can manage daily life. Thank you Dr Koshi and staff for all you have done for me and continue to do. And thank you on behalf of those that have not yet come to understand the kindness and respect for which you have treated them. Maybe some day they will.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

I was in to see Dr. Koshi as a referral through WCB. My assessment was great. He was very kind and soft spoken. Listened to what I had to say and took the time necessary to hear my concerns. He said injections in l5 S1 would be beneficial and I agreed. I had my apt. Two weeks later and was really nervous because of all the stories I had heard. He calmed me down, talked to me about everything he was doing and it was the most fantastic experience. His nurse was also great and chatted the whole time and they both made me feel super comfortable. The initial freezing stung obviously but after that felt only pressure in my leg as the medication went in and only a few seconds each time. I was very relieved. He is amazing and I won't go to anyone other than him now. Maybe he is honest with the people he feels will not benefit from his treatment and that's why some people think he is rude. He is not rude at all. I think he has great bed side manners!!! Thank you Dr. Koshi and both nurses (triage as well).

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

I had to leave my province and was referred to this man. All of 15 min very rude . Would not let me explain my condition . Cut me off at anything I tried to explain. L 5 centrally herinated compressed on both nerves. I had file sent , he did not bother to read it. Did not know I was from out of province . I have met many specialist , this man was very cruel. I am not worked comp and paying on my own. I am glad I have support with my family . He may have thought my hopes were crushed for getting help. He needs to upgrade to where technology as advanced. . God Bless those who have had a cruel experience. To not give up he is just a man . Who wants to have a name and I believe he is WC Doctor. Do not listen when he saids there is no help . Not true he just don't want to bother very rude and no time to listen , in my experience. Keep hope do not let him , take that away. Rose

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015