Ratings for Dr. George W. Lawrence

Dr.L works out of a walk-in urgent care facility, an outpatient no-appt agency model I have happily used in Alaska and Washington. I have seen Dr.L for 13 yrs, at 3-4 appts. per year (lots of Rx refills). I have found him to be polite, serious, focused, well informed, and responsive to my medical needs and the admin. hurdles of insurance overseers. He is always willing to hear me out and try different Rxs I suggest - if safe, wise, or at least benign. He is an excellent Family Doc type, and readily refers to specialists when needed, but shares his realistic doubts about medical options which are likely ineffective or unproven; i.e., sometimes we just have to live with our ailments and manage them as best we can. Sadly, Dr.L is nearing retirement (within 2 yrs) and is currently practicing part-time. But if you can work within his scheduling limits, he is among the best in his field. I am a Doc too, Psych field, so I appreciate exceptional professionalism in our healthcare ranks.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

Dr. George W. Lawrence's Credentials

• Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Altius Health Plans