Ratings for Dr. Wilhelm Spruyt

avoid avoid avoid better to go see a veterinarian than this man. He is senile and vindictive

flag | Submitted January 5, 2019

Excellent and knowledgable doctor. If you dont like being hit between they eyes with the truth than move on to the next doctor. He isnt saying what he says to offend you. He is saying it with your best interests in mind. He was very thorough with testing. Spent the time needed to ask the questions he needed to and make a diagnosis. At the end he asked me if I was stupid for smoking cigars in the summer time and gave his spiel about how we need to make good choices and take care of our bodies because one day we'll be 75 years old. I appreciate the honesty and frankly probably needed to be hit between the eyes

flag | Submitted December 16, 2018

Dr.Spruyt is a caring and great doctor. He has saved my husbands life and look after me with compassion and still does. People don't want to hear the truth in which he speaks. If it wasn't for Dr.Spruyt I don't know where I would be today as other doctors miss diagnosed me and it was Dr.Spruyt that found the problem. Hats off to him.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

My husband was in a serious motor vehicle collision He received the best care at roadside by 2 Homecare girls who were first on scene. Once arrived at hospital the only real care he received was from X-ray. Dr Sprint did not even do an exam. My husbands face had several lacerations that no one took the time to exam let alone clean or remove glass shatters. My daughter and I cleaned his face to get a look at the lacerations. At no time was a neuro exam done. I was very disappointed with the care we received or which we did not receive. Dr Spruyt was more interested in lecturing my husband about his weight and food choices. Like my daughter who is a second year nursing student said. “You have to pick your moments!” Minutes after a major trauma is not the time to do teaching about weight control and food choices!!! As said before very disappointed with our encounter with Dr Spruyt and the whole ER visit.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

This doctor is negligent abd should not be practising .....no stars

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I absolutely adore this majestic human being for gracing us all with his choice to become a physician. He makes even the most dire of situations seem pleasant with his constant upbeat attitude and ability to find the humour in anything. I wouldn't change a single thing about his entire practice from the staff to his building and certainly Dr. Spruyt himself. Truly a one of a kind and the best doctor i have ever had. Sometimes i even fake symptoms just for the chance to stop by for an appointment.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

This doctor should retire. He has zero bedside manner. Is ignorant with patients. Gets upset if his opinion is questioned and disrespectful to his patients. Seems to figure everything is resolved theough his special diet without really looking at a patients history. Wants to change meds without knowing patient history. Repeatedly asks how much you drink even though you have told him time and time again you are a non drinker. I would rate this doctor as a zero if given the option. I feel sorry for anyone who has to put up with this so called doctor who should have been retired long ago. We need doctors who are up to date with the medical field and can take time to get to know a patient or at least thier med hiatory and will listen to what a patient says thier experiences has been so far. This doctor is too old to obviously realize that time is changing. People need to feel confident in thier doctors. I and many people I know in the area do not have cofidence in him. Also Respect goes both ways. With him it is none existent. I think he thinks everyone should respect him. Yet he does not respect his patients in any way.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Completely unacceptable treatment of patients... zero bedside manner.. terrible with children.. my child got sand in his eye at school so we went to outpatients. My son, who is 4, was sitting on exam table perfectly happy when Spruyt came in and told him to stop the nonsense and crying, which he hadn't cried the entire time we had been there.. I actually thought he was joking .. he then puts iodine in my child's eye and try's to scrap the sand out while looking through a black light.. after that didn't work he decided to numb his eye and try scrap it again... finally he decides to use saline to flush it out (duh!!).. when he came back from getting the saline, my child was crying because he was wrapped in a blanket with a nurse holding him down... spryut starts yelling at him to stop crying and tapping him on the cheeck with the back of his hand to open his eyes..you don't treat a child or anyone else like that... he gets paid enough money to walk in with a smile on his face and have patience with people.. this is a small town, my child needed medical care, we should be okay with being spoken to and treated like that just because it's our only option. The nurse Fabbie was amazing.. I feel sorry that she had to spent her days with such a person

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

was in a highway speed car accident was tboned in my passenger side, hit my head and had a momentary loss of conciousness, went in the day after the accident due to a horrible migraine. He blamed it on dehydration, put 4 bags of IV fluid into me and I wasn't dehydrated in the first place. I had a concussion, only way I figured that out was getting referred to a ct scan by another doctor because he misdiagnosed me. Absolutely horrible Doctor, he's rude, he has no compassion... While I knew I wasn't dehydrated he still insisted that I was and sure enough.. He was wrong

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I think he is great ! He tells you like it is, and I like that. He is funny. He is caring. He is extremely knowledgeable. I have NEVER found him patronizing, rude, arrogant. I find him helpful, supportive , and caring. My favorite doctor, ever !

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016