Ratings for Dr. Rasheda Motala

I wouldn't recommend Dr. Motala to anyone. I have to agree with most of the negative comments here that she is rude, unprofessional and even her medical knowledge is outdated. She doesn't care of her patients and all she cares about is money. She doesn't spend enough time for examination and rushing us out even before dressing up my baby asking me to dress her in another room. She is working for her own interest not for the patients interest. She is definitely lacking communication skills even with her own team, something I noticed from the first visit. I am only seeing her for few months and every visit is a disappointment so I am leaving her to another doctor. A very unprofessional and materialistic doctor and definitely will never go there again.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

I'm not a patient of Dr. Motala but she is definitely rude after talking to her on the phone. I do not understand why she is in this field if she's not willing to help her patients to get better and this is what this industry is all about. She told me she would not see HER PATIENTS because she will not paid for a certain reason. I know for sure that you do not get paid zero if you see them and also its for Dr. Motala to review these tests if they are safe to undergo big procedures, and if they find out other problems through these test, the first person to know is the family Doctors. But if you're not willing to see your patients that trusts you with there life, I think you should switch careers. Dr Motala I hope read this. Cause that is truly sad and I feel bad for whoever come to your office.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

After going to Dr. Morals for nearly 20years, she forgot my name, thought I was a substance abuser for my marijuana use for lupus and depression. I was to have a repeat pap..called to change the time to days prior, only to show up and have her tell me that my file has been closed. I was just in the office last month... In between were her holidays. She charged me for a double visit in October as well. I find her very judgemental and not compassionate at all. I am very disgusted with the way that I've been treated. Very judged and not supported at all. Very sad...very disappointed after so many years.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Regarding my mental illness, it took a bit of repetition and being assertive with explaining the severity of my symptoms, but once she understood what I was dealing with she was very ardent about getting me the help I needed and even gave me her home phone number if I ever needed immediate help. She took me by surprise by how understanding she was, especially with a case as taboo and misunderstood as mental illness, in the end she was a big help.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I have had the worst experience with this doctor. My mother has also had a terrible time with her throughout the years. I asked for an std check as i am a sexually active adult and she treated me like a prostitute. She ingores anything you tell her and never goes out of her way to make you feel the least bit comforable. When you visit a doctor you are very vunrable and she takes the power she has and abuses it making you feel like you are faking a problem by not taking it seriosly or saying there is nothing she can do.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Motala is always rushing us out the door. I've been going to her for 16 years, and she has no idea who I am every time I come in. She refused to make a referral, because it "took too long to write." I had to make a 2nd appt. to get one from Dr. Docrat. Then, the staff were completely useless. After a 2 weeks of waiting for my derm consultation appt, I started calling every 3 days to check on their progress. They take forever to find your file, and they waste even more time logging INCORRECT information. A month later, I got sick of waiting, so I called around to see and got information for a dermatologist. I called them back and had to give them all the info: phone #, fax #, and address..cause they were too useless to do any of it themselves. All they had to do was phone the referral in. A week later, still nothing. So I went to another dr, and within 24 hours, they got me a consultation appointment with the derm that I requested at dr. Motala's. Thanks for wasting my time!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

i've been going to dr motala for about 10 years now, she had always been great for me, i say 'for me' b/c she's the kind the doctor i prefer, get in get what you need get out, i don't need my doctor to be my best friend and i LOVE never having to wait with an appointment, oh and i prefer not getting prescribed with crap on every and any little thing... since i've got pregnant and had a baby, i appreciate her even more! i never have to worry about my baby getting fussy waiting around for her appt, i had some bad back pains after the delivery and at my 6 week checkup, she recommended physio after she made sure i had coverage for it! if you're looking for a doctor to chat with, no she's not the one for you... but if you know your way around the internet, research your problems, and don't go to her without being able to describe your problem properly - remember you know yourself better than anyone else.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

My mother have been going to her despite friends and family discouraging her, and I am voicing her experiences on her behalf. Our main complaint is that this doctor really doesn't like giving referrals to appropriate medical professionals, including dermatologists, ob-gyno, physiotherapy after a motor vehicle accident, to name a few. Her response to a rear-ending accident for my mother was not physiotherapy or sports therapy, but pain medication, which doesn't help her on the long-run, plus we have no medical insurance and therefore costly. She WILL prescribe medication, but needs some convincing to try alternate medications when side-effects prove to be too debilitating or when the meds don't work. If you want a doctor who is not afraid of referring you to different specialists AND is concerned for your overall long-term health, try someone else or go see a clinic doctor for required referrals.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

I and my family have been going to these excellent doctors for the past 16 years. She has always been very concerned for our health and has never once been wrong about her diagnois, has always been within 5 minutes of our appointed time and always asks if we have any concerns or questions and always smiles and says God Bless and take care of yourself. I really hope you people who have critized and demoralized such decent people have the common decency to let them know how and why you feel this way. I wish you luck in finding someone who suits you as much as they suit us. I am sure they forgive each of you and wish you all the best also. The Goulet Family

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

I agree with most of the negative comments about Dr. Motala. I have stopped going to her after trying to repeatedly get her to help me fix a very painful shoulder problem I have had for over 2 years and she refused to send me for any testing an insisted that I should keep taking Tylenol or Advil. When I said they had already stopped working for me, she said I must enjoy the pain then. She is very unhelpful and refuses to provide suggestions or referrals to testing or specialists. I booked numerous appointments with her for the same issue and she just dismissed me as if I was making my symptoms up. She was so rude to me the last time that I almost burst into tears as I was in so much pain and kept telling me it was in my head. That was the last time I went there and I am now looking for a new doctor. I'm sick of being treated like a child by her, it's ridiculous.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010