Ratings for Dr. Frank Welland

Keep your children away from this pedopphile.. I remember bad experience as a child. Not sure how to target this issue but I telling you!!!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Dr Welland is the best family physician - we were patients from 1975 til his office closed. A magnificant unequalled doctor who worked the the front lines for patients facing many illnesses and end of life diseasses. I doubt he ever missdiagnosed his patient's malady because he used all resourses available, medical journals, etc. including specialists whenever there was a question. Dr Welland was precise, caring and never forgot you from one vist to another. He looked after all generations of my family, and they, like us, have never ever found as brilliant a doctor to replace Dr Welland. He did not have time for foolishness but had a unique sense of humour- a cultured man wanting to improve your way of life. Many families like us have disappointedly wandered through the medical system since his practice closed as we try to compare others to his fine, compassionate, honest and sincere care he had for his patients first, and staff second. There will never be another Dr. Welland.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

Unfortunately, he didn't retire - he works with MedVisit now. He came to see my preschooler recently, and after being rude and condescending to myself and my husband, he proceeded to berate us for using a walk-in clinic, or urgent care. Which leaves us with what options, exactly, Doctor Know-it-All? He also gave my 3 year old approximately 10 seconds to comply with his demand that she open her mouth, then demanded that we hold her down so he could use a tongue depressor. My daughter has been to see a dozen doctors in her short years (our own doctor, and clinic doctors), and she has NEVER refused to cooperate. I have never met such a horrible doctor in my whole life. I hope he DOES retire, and nobody ever has to deal with him again. I instructed MedVisit that he is never to set foot in my house again.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

flag | Submitted December 10, 2011

Wonderfully caring and considerate physician. He helped us deal with our mothers dementia and treatment with dignity.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

While I agree the doc might not be for everyone, as he did have his moments.. he was my doctor when I was caring my first child and he was great. Sorry to see them leave.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2007

I have known Dr. Frank Welland for as long as I can remember, I think that Dr. Welland is a knowledgeable caring and a very good diagnostic, he is always right about diagnosing what he sees, and that might irk some patients as they do not get the medication they want or need. it is true antibiotics are not given out like candy in his office. Dr. Welland you will be missed! believe me, too bad there are so few of your kind that truly care when a person is in need of a good doctor. Ps You also have the best secretary.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2007

I left Dr. Welland years ago I found he had no bedside manners and very rude and did not want to listen to you at all he thinks he knows it all. unfortunally my parents stuck with him and I think that was a bad choice for them. Thank god he is retiring.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2007

Dr. Welland is arrogant. He only tells his patients what he wants them to know, not what they ask or need to know. He likes to sugar-coat things for Seniors so they don't realize how ill they really are. This may keep Seniors calm, but uninformed about the consequences of their health. He does not follow up on medication changes or blood work. He only likes to work with people that are passive and that is why he works in an underserviced low income area. Thank goodness he is retiring soon. He gives other Doctors a bad image.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007