Ratings for Dr. Frank Welland

Very nice doctor. Saw him through Medvisit. Helped me afterwards when my instructor at school was being a pain about what she specifically needed on his note. Very nice man.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

We have known Dr. Welland for many years and throughout all those years we have received excellent care. Dr. Welland is very caring and extremely knowledgeable. We are always amazed that he is spot on with his diagnosis and knows exactly what medicine/treatment to prescribe. It is unfortunate for all his patients that he has now retired but we wish him well.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Only good experiences with this doctor over a good 10 year period! Knows his stuff, straightforward, and genuinely seems to care for his patients.. Sorry to see him retire, one of the last few gentlemen in our area in this profession. Thank you Dr Welland.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I'm honestly not sure why some of the other reviews of Dr. Welland are so negative. He was my doctor growing up, and took on my wife and our first born when it was time. He always showed us great compassion and good bedside manner, with accurate diagnoses.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Dr. Welland is a serious compassionate Physician and a great diagnostic in his field , always knew what to do in any situation, He looked after my family since 1980 and has helped them through many serious ilnesses over the years. We would like to say thank you from all of us.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Dr Welland is a very compassionate and caring Physician. He has looked after my aging parents in Long Term Care with expertise and concern. He communicates with us continually, and is very easy to talk to. He is a wonderful gentleman.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr Welland is the best family physician - we were patients from 1975 til his office closed. A magnificant unequalled doctor who worked the the front lines for patients facing many illnesses and end of life diseasses. I doubt he ever missdiagnosed his patient's malady because he used all resourses available, medical journals, etc. including specialists whenever there was a question. Dr Welland was precise, caring and never forgot you from one vist to another. He looked after all generations of my family, and they, like us, have never ever found as brilliant a doctor to replace Dr Welland. He did not have time for foolishness but had a unique sense of humour- a cultured man wanting to improve your way of life. Many families like us have disappointedly wandered through the medical system since his practice closed as we try to compare others to his fine, compassionate, honest and sincere care he had for his patients first, and staff second. There will never be another Dr. Welland.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

Unfortunately, he didn't retire - he works with MedVisit now. He came to see my preschooler recently, and after being rude and condescending to myself and my husband, he proceeded to berate us for using a walk-in clinic, or urgent care. Which leaves us with what options, exactly, Doctor Know-it-All? He also gave my 3 year old approximately 10 seconds to comply with his demand that she open her mouth, then demanded that we hold her down so he could use a tongue depressor. My daughter has been to see a dozen doctors in her short years (our own doctor, and clinic doctors), and she has NEVER refused to cooperate. I have never met such a horrible doctor in my whole life. I hope he DOES retire, and nobody ever has to deal with him again. I instructed MedVisit that he is never to set foot in my house again.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

flag | Submitted December 10, 2011

Wonderfully caring and considerate physician. He helped us deal with our mothers dementia and treatment with dignity.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010