Ratings for Dr. Steven C. Ludwig

I am an ICU nurse and went to Dr. Ludwig after a devastating L5/S1 herniation that left me in excruciating pain and unable to work. My first surgery, while effective, led me to continued deterioration of the the vertebrae (this is my body's issue NOT reflective of the surgeon). I am about to have a fusion due to continued pain (different from original) with Dr. Ludwig and would NEVER consider going to another surgeon. He is courteous, informative, prompt, and above all COMPASSIONATE. I have been and will continue to be grateful to him and his incredible staff for their care of me. I am looking forward to a successful surgery, a thorough recovery (that I will control with my diligence and temperance by listening to the therapist and Dr. Ludwig), and getting back to caring for patients...rather than being the patient.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

After having pain down my legs for over a year and bending forward to walk, I was referred to Dr. Ludwig. He was friendly, straight forward, knowledgeable, and kind. He looked at my MRI and gave me his prognosis. He recommended a 3-level lamenectomy and a one-level fusion. I had this done at the University of MD Medical Center in Baltimore and all went very well. I have gone back for two check-ups so far and all is good. I have no more pain!!! He's a great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

I had Dr. Ludwig operate on my Back on August 11, 2012. He really did three surgeries on my Back! He discharged me. I can home to Virginia, where I had to have two more Operations. Had another year and a half with a Pain Management Dr. With no help at all! Today, 21/2 years later, I must use a Cane to walk! Everyday, I suffer PAIN! This is MY True Story!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Hi think he sucks as a Dr., he took care of me and now l can't walk.'ll called him for life and death information and what they told me was dead wrong.Don't let this butcher touch , he will f you up and laugh all the way to the bank. I'm not proud to be a knew knowing that he is also

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Three years ago, Dr. Ludwig changed my life. I injured my back over 20 years earlier and found Dr. Ludwig once walking had become too difficult. He was attentive, knowledgeable, thorough, and friendly and explained my options clearly. He does move fast, but not rudely - and was patient when I needed him to be. His office is professional and organized, but usually behind schedule. My surgery - an anterior lumbar interbody fusion at L5-S1 (with structural cage and anterior lumbar locking plate) - was performed at the Univ of MD in Baltimore and I received great care during my three/four day stay. Had a lot of nerve pain during first weeks of recovery, which he explained was temporary -- due to my nerves stretching after being compressed so long. After a few weeks on Lyrica, the pain disappeared...and after a few months of physical therapy, I was able to do P90X, a very challenging fitness program. I'm 100% pain free and highly recommend the UMD spinal program and Dr. Ludwig!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr. Ludwig is very knowledgeable about the latest techniques in spinal stenosis. As a surgeon, he is great, but the care I received at the University of MD Hospital in Baltimore bordered on negligence.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

things didnt go as planed during my operation as a result of that i now am feeling worse as time goes on thier was a malfunction in a tool that was used not sure if thats whats causeing things to go south but the dr. did seem like he knew what he was talking about im no expert and cant tell you if anyone is at fault im just letting people hear my experience

Submitted May 27, 2010

Dr. Ludwig's corrective surgery put me back in the shape I'm accustomed to being,with a very active life style, once again. Thanks Doc! ;o)

flag | Submitted May 28, 2008

Excellent spine surgeon and office staff. Extremely knowledgeable. Tremendously skilled surgeon. Had a very bad problem with an excellent outcome. I recommend him with the highest regards.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2007

Dr. Steven C. Ludwig's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1993)

HealthPartners