Ratings for Dr. Phyllis D. Hursey

This is a glorified prescription mill. The wait times are unbelievable. Some of the prescriptions I have happened to see people walking out of this office with are unbelievable. Addicts and scam artists. I am in the Suboxone program there, and I figured out about 1 year into the program they had NEVER billed my insurance, and I had been paying full price. No effort was ever made to taper me off this medication. No true medical effort made on any level, and catering to pill heads that are happy to never complain because they get their ridiculous amounts of medication filled. SHUT THIS OFFICE DOWN. Read more: http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Phyllis_Hursey/reviews#ixzz2QafSzwwD

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Dr,Hursey is a great DR and its not because of any thing but a great doctor. Yes some time it takes a little bit to see her for your apt. Bit she listens to me and takes care of my health. If i need to cry because of stress and my life she is there to listen and help me and pray with me or pray for me. She does not judge me for my pass. She is there for me for anything.Its great that she is doing uas now.People are getting mad cause of it.And they care talking smack witch is wrong f you dont do street drugs or do not take your meds that is your fault not hers. She is doing her job and she is great at it.I will never stop seening DR Hursey she loves us and is there for us. And most of all she has our lord in her heart.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

I have never experienced anything like this before. I have waited more than 1/2 of a day to be seen for my scheduled apointment which I made a month to 6 weeks in advance. I was there for her suboxone program where you get a UA and a prescription refill. Many,many times I have just wanted to walk out but without your prescription refil your screwed.If your looking for a suboxone treatment program this is not the one for you. I am sure that many of her paitents have left and sought help elsware. The bottom line is that there a allot of good doctors who have wonderfull office staff and keep to there appointment scheduals. But this is not one of them. I have nothing personal against DR Hursey, she seems to be a very caring person it's just that she needs help with her office practices. I also want to mention that I too have been treated like street scum by her office staff. Save yourself the frustration and look elsware for a good DR.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

Wait time is UNACCEPTABLE. Like others have said, I have waited over 3 hours for a scheduled appointment that was just a for prescription refill. Dr. Hursey has also prescribed me meds that would have had a terrible reaction to each other, thank God I looked them up on the internet first. Absolutely terrible.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

Chaos. This is a poorly organized, short-tempered staff where you'll spend several hours waiting past your scheduled appointment time. The office manager has treated me very rudely and she seems to be the one making your medical decisions as Dr. Hursey is often difficult to get a hold of. The office manager is not a doctor and I'm fairly certain that she is not even an R.N. She's often rude, condescending and seems too stressed out by her job. The nurses are the one high-point about this place and are usually nice -- I think they're doing the best they can with a bad situation. The horrible waits bring this place down. It's not just me -- I've talked about this with several other patients (some in so much pain they could barely even sit in a chair) and they had to wait hours like everyone else. Avoid this place like the plague. Disrespectful employees and very, very long waits makes for an incredibly unpleasant experience.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2011

my last 5 visits ive had to wait over 4 hours to be seen (along with others in the waiting room!)just for a refill of the same med i get every month! god forbid she leaves refills upfront like most drs, then she couldnt bill our insurances! truthfully i have no problem with her as a dr, its how her office is ran and how money hungry she appears to be with no respect for anyone elses time!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

THE OFFICE MANAGER LIED TO ME ABOUT A FORM SUPPOSEDLY SUBMITTED TO THE INSURNACE COMPANY- SHE SAID IT WAS DENIED AND IT WAS NEVER SUBMITTED!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

Dr. Phyllis D. Hursey's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

• Aetna - Choice Pos Ii
  • Humana Gold Plus
  • Humana Health Care Plan
  • Humana Medicare
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
  • United Healthcare Options