You may also like

Rate Dr. Neil Pollock

Dr. Neil Pollock's Ratings

Dr. Pollock did a really good job on my vasectomy the freezing worked out just fine

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2909279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2015

The staff is very friendly and professional and the procedure was painless and fast as advertised and I'm very happy with my decision. Since I live in Northern BC the VIP package works out great and saves me another trip to New Westminster.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2908306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2015

Worst experience of my life!! The staff was rude and judgemental. The doctor was unkind and unnecessarily rough. And since I did not go with the $300 premium package no one told me anything about proper prep or what I needed for after the procedure. I would recommend finding someone else to do your vasectomy! Save yourself a lot of pain and aggravation.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2901907].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2015

Very dangerous surgeon.
Does not take time to get to know patients.
Prescribes generic antibiotics when something goes wrong.
When the pain doesn't go away he has no knowledge or explanation.
He paces around from patient to patient. Rarely giving a person more than 5 minutes.
This is more of a brand or a company than a physician.
Don't risk your well-being on this company.
There are other more patient doctors who take the time to care.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2900262].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2015

Dr Pollock is a machine - in that he is efficient and has zero feelings and does not go beyond what is required. The procedure went well enough but I did have issues following. I was asked to come back immediately - which I did. He asked me to call the next day and when I did he did not remember anything of the previous meeting and asked me what he told me to do. When I related his advice the response was "what would you like to do now?" I went to him because he advertises the number of procedures he's done. I should not be the one to suggest my own treatment - hes the expert not me. If you don't issues hes the man - however his robotic nature and lack of bedside manner make him difficult if there is an issue.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2897475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2015

Great staff and virtually painless procedure. I would recommend the NSV

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2866577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr Pollock is the absolute best at what he does, and his staff are very kind & helpful! The $300 for the VIP package is a bit steep for what it is, but other than that.. Zero complaints in the 3 separate procedures he's done for our family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2862511].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 10, 2015

There is no question that Dr. Pollock is an expert in what he does. His staff are great, and he knows what he is doing. However, his practise, and the way that he scams patients into paying an extra $300 for their treatment is absolutely unethical and shameful. His "VIP" package for vasectomies includes no-needle anesthetic, a bag of useless goodies (ice, a jock strap) AND phone consultations. So, it's fine that he's charging for the first two - those are comforts beyond basic medical care, and our gov't shouldn't pay for those. BUT, the phone consultations should absolutely be included in the $150 or so that he gets for doing the 10 min procedure in the first place. Instead, people that cannot afford $300 are forced to miss work, find childcare, and pay to get into the city and park for a 15 second (yes, it took less than 15 seconds!) consultation so that he can charge the gov't for a consultation fee, rather than not get paid for the 15 second phone call. And this is in addition to the $55 he charges for "processing"... something about being able to book online (even though this didn't work for us and we ended up calling in anyway). It's disgusting. Meanwhile, he is driving a Lambourghini. This is NOT the way the Canadian healthcare system is meant to work. This is disturbingly close to the American system, where rich people get richer, poor get poorer. Unfortunately, there is no competition in Vancouver, so his clinics have the monopoly and there's nothing that an be done. I'm horrified that he's getting away with this.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2842908].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr Pollock and his staff are amazing! We were very nervous about our 10-day old son's procedure, but Dr. Pollock and his team made us feel super comfortable. Thanks again for the excellent care! 5*****!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2833809].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 10, 2015

We appreciate everything Dr. Pollock, and his staff did for our son, and our family !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2794535].votes_count ]]