Ratings for Dr. Neil Pollock

Not impressed, felt like a factory. Staff were surly when I needed assistance later, treated the lab tech poorly.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I find it crazy that the ratings on this doctor are so high! And that other people say the doctor and staff are professional and caring. I went there for a consultation about my 4 year old son, because he's experiencing some issues with skin tightness in the pubic regions (this website won't allow me to type the actual term). My intention was to talk to the “expert” doctor to find out if there really was an issue and what the options are. Instead I was greeted somewhat rudely by a receptionist and told to fill out a circumcision consent form. I told them I was there for a consult and that's it. They showed me to a room and told me to read the circumcision brochure and then sign the form. I told them I would do no such thing. Dr. Pollock came in and didn't even say hello, just yelled at his nurse/receptionist that the form wasn't filled out and then he left! The nurse took the form and then brought it back. The Dr. came back in and yelled again at the nurse/receptionist to get my son up on the table and undressed, still without even talking to me to find out the issue we were there for. And then he left again! He came back a third time to examine my son and pulled his skin back so much my son cried out that it hurt. My son is 4 – is that even something you should be doing?? I said to the Dr. that we are not here for a circumcision, we are here for a consult and to circumcise is our LAST resort (which he would have known had he bothered to read the referral from our family doctor). At that point he pretty much brushed me off and gave me a prescription for a steroid cream to rub on and supposedly stretch the skin and told me to bring my son back once a week for 8 weeks. Never did he take the time to talk to me about my concerns or questions. It’s clear that this clinic is an assembly line for circumcisions and vasectomy’s only. My first clue should have been the way Dr. Pollock talked to his staff – extremely disrespectfully. If he can’t even talk nicely to his staff, how do you think he’s going to treat the patients? We won’t be going back.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I visited Dr. Pollock for his famed scalpel-free vasectomy. While the procedure went fine, I found the whole practice unprofessional. The examination rooms are very dated and cramped and the staff are not very friendly. The receptionist never even made eye contact with me the whole time I was dealing with her - just fixated on her computer screen. The post-operation "recovery room" doubles as Dr. Pollock's office which I found very strange. It seems that they are trying to push through as many people as possible and I felt everything was very rushed. On my way out, the nurse didn't even want me to pause to put my jacket on. She said I could put it on in the building lobby as she ushered me out the door. I think Dr. Pollock is competent and knows his stuff, but the level of patient care provided by his office is quite low.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Dr. Pollock's bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. After making me wait one hour for my vasectomy, he then told me, without an apology, that I had to reschedule my appointment. His Vancouver clinic overbooks procedures and he has no time or courtesy for people who are inconvenienced by his practice.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr. Pollock is a professional and knowledgeable Doctor. He was fast & the baby didn't even flinch. Yes he was soar for a few daysafter but it healed nicely

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Dr. Pollock is an absolute professional. I would without hesitation recommend him and his clinic to any parent looking to circumcise their son. I was terribly nervous before and after the procedure, but Dr. Pollock and his nurses were so kind and caring and allowed us to come back when we had a concern and Dr. Pollock took the time to see us. We had a very positive experience and I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Pollock.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Love everything. Amazing Procedures, and amazing staff. They also have good tea.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

recently had a vasectomy. travelled from out of town to this clinic as I heard they are the best. Virtually pain free just a little uncomfortable, Dr Chang was great made small talk to help put me at ease. So far so good it has been 10 days!

Submitted March 6, 2016

Everything went well. However our son cried all night for the next few weeks and I couldn't sleep.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

2 years out from my vasectomy and I feel like my life is ruined. Pain every day from PVPS which Pollock claims is 1/1000. That is pure BS. After months of trying to get him to help me I gave up because he didn't care - plain and simple. Be sure you know what you are doing men and you accept the risks. I am evidence that things can and do go wrong all the time and much more often than these Drs are willing to admit. Make sure you research PVPS thoroughly before committing to this procedure. Check out the PVPS forums. I hope I can save at least one person from what I and my family have had to endure and will likely have to endure for the better part of my life.

Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr. Neil Pollock's Credentials

• University of Manitoba (Grad. 1987)

Oxford