Ratings for Dr. James Hutt

JH saw us for weekly couples therapy and disregarded a very serious alcohol problem w/my husband. He explained to me that another patient's wife also thought her husband had an alcohol problem, but that man drank once/year on Christmas, implying that I was imagining the alcohol problem. JH suggested that I see him for individual counseling, as well as couples counseling w/my husband (looking back, this was absolutely not appropriate). On the other hand he told my husband that he should "golf more." JH often discussed golf with my husband during the sessions. JH seemed to have a very bad memory, and often forgot key facts about our/my history. I had to ask JH many many times for a referral for my husband for an individual therapist to discuss his alcohol and anger/rage issues, but JH continually blew me off. Husband ended up in very serious **** driving accident involving another vehicle. JH screamed at me during a couples session. JH has issues with women. Do NOT recommend!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

Dr. Hutt was amazing. I'd had decades of experiences coping with the ravages of my loved ones drinking by the time I started therapy with him. He helped me unravel it all, but didn't keep going with therapy, just to keep going. I also liked that he gave me solid advise and methods for changing my behaviors -- all of which have greatly helped me get on with my life!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2008

Amazing psychologist who brings humor to the couch.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2004