Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Emtman

This Dr.has been unethical and contentious,unnecessarily and unjustly. When I started with him as my Dr., but bad known him in my small town, he was rude, yelled at me at second appointment. He wanted to "talk to" my former Dr. I said I preferred not, but provided full files from former clinic. He yelled something very ugly and inappropriate at me. I stammered in anxiety and confusion. He asked if he could have access to all my hospital files,operations/surgeries, broken bones,car accidents,ER visits,etc. I said of course. I signed. He smiled. He did talk to the former doctor,which is unethical and illegal. I think he got me to sign on something that included permission go do that, when I thought I was signing just to see hospital records. I was shocked. Horrified. He has put something unjust and negative in the file. I go to his partner now. But Dr. Emtman's words have an affect. It is all huge misunderstanding, the whole conglomerate of issues, connected with the other clinic and his talking to former Dr.who is and was a bad Dr.and a person of mischief and insult and no conscience!Happened to see him,Emtman, in a parking lot near a store. Didn't know it was him. He was staring. He then seemed to recognise me, and glared at me with LOATHING. This is truly terrible in such a small town. It is devastating.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

I was fired by him as a patient. I have been on a med for decades. Every year, my blood is checked and dosage is adjusted up or down. The change in dosage has been called to me and then a call made to pharmacy to check the prescription. I had to change to him when my doctor, in the same practice, moved. This time, when blood check revealed the normal change that occurs periodically, he had nurse call to have me book an appointment with him. I asked why I had to leave work for two hours, drive 30 miles RT, to be told that dosage would be changed. I preferred that it be done the way it's always been done, unless there was something else to discuss that was significant. In response, I got a letter that fired me as a patient for failing to comply. I have Group Health Insurance. I reported this to them.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

Patient for 22 years. Excellent where basic medical practice required within HMO policies. Appears to be more interested in receiving high profile ratings from medical insurance companies (particularly Group Health). Very cost effective in providing medical care benefiting lower health insurance costs which may not be the best available for patient's health and welfare. Will not support the patient if their medical care is in conflict with Group Health (HMO) policies. Patient must act alone with insurance company and other professionals. Seems to ignore serious previous symptoms (focuses on medical trivia) until symptoms become chronically obvious and have to be addressed. Could be a major concern in life and death situations. Not open to new developing medical practices which are establishing themselves nationwide (definitely not ahead of the curve). Medically, is systematical in approach, very political, comes across well and has excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

Doesn't listen. Will not do continuity of drugs prescribed by other specialists even with years of successful treatment backed by medical history. Has to be in total control in terms of tests performed and drugs prescribed. Will not use therapeutic drugs for pain. Will not take other physicians' advice concerning certain chronic conditions.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Dr. Richard A. Emtman's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)