Ratings for Dr. Richard Furtado

We saw Dr. Furtado in emerg and he was excellent. I was there with my young daughter very late at night and expected to wait a while but it was one of those times where I just couldn't take a chance. It was obvious that the patients ahead of her were more serious cases so I cannot complain about the wait time. Eventually the nurse got my daughter into a bed and turned down the lights for us so we could rest our eyes while we waited. Shortly after an initial check from one of the nurses, the doctor was in to see her. He asked lots of questions, did a very thorough examination, expressed his concerns and explained everything very well. He provided me with the information at hand and gave his opinion but understood why I (first-time mom) might feel differently and said that the decision was ultimately mine. I appreciated that. I found him to be very knowledgeable and he took the time to really explain his thinking. He really made me feel like my daughter was in good hands. Thank you Dr. Furtado!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

My husband is suffering with kidney stones and we had to go to the emerge two nights in a row and Dr. Furtado was the Physician on duty. He is absolutely amazing, he is kind and very attentive and caring.. He made us feel at ease , wonderful bedside manner and highly professional . We were lucky to have him as our doctor at the ER and Collingwood is fortunate to have him... Thank you Dr. Furtado

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

I am well educated and never experienced or encouraged a thought of racism due to colour of my skin..for the first felt an inkling of it in this doctors presence. Every body who came after me with similar condition as mine left with treatment , in fact we were left waiting in the next room while this doctor was yapping some happy stories with patient next room where ch was audible due to curtain divider, unrelated to medicine field and sends a nurse that he cannot see us we are free to leave after 5 hours of waiting , he says he cannot diagnose as it I have to go back to my family doc and seek a specialist.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Awesome physician with excellent bedside manner and professionalism. Have seen nothing but good, attentive skills from this emerg doc. Collingwood is lucky to have him on staff.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

I went to the emergency at about 10 pm and was impressed with the overall care I was given. Unfortunately, when I arrived there was no triage nurse available. In about 5 minutes the nurse appeared, immediately recognized that I was experiencing chest pain and took me in ahead of others who were waiting. I was immediately attended to made ready, hooked up to equipment, questions asked, etc) and once settled my husband was taken off to attend to the paperwork. The Doctor arrived checked me and throughout the night arranged for several tests. As the results came in he reviewed them with me and began the next step. He displayed: interest in me, kindness, had a good bedside manner, he appeared knowledgeable and took the time to listen and answer any questions I had. We are fortunate to have this doctor at our hospital.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

Dr Furtado looked at my family who all had the flu. We waited 2-3 hours to be seen, but it was obvious that he was going all around the place looking after something like 20-30 people that night over the christmas holidays. Ther ambulances kept coming in, people hurt skiing as we are beside a local ski hill. When Dr. Furtado saw us he listened to all of us, examined us very throughly and explained why we didn't need antibiotics. He also gave a detailed list of when to come back to hospital, because viruses can cause complications (who knew?) , but gave us help with our sympatoms. Given how busy he was we were super impressed at how he made us feel like we were the only ones in the ER that day. This guy is a workhorse, and has a great beside manner, not a combo you usually see. Thanks again.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

I can`t believe the stuff people write on here. Do you want an emerg doc to be your friend or just a really good emerg doc. Dr. Furtado really knows his stuff and is very thorough. I think we`re lucky to have him and hope he doesn`t read some of the other comments here.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

Looked after my mother while she was having a heart attack. Saw and diagnosed her right away. He was very caring with her and the rest of our family. She survived and is still with us now, thanks to him. We are all very grateful.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

How did this guy get his medical license? He diagnosed my 2 year old wrong and she got worse, thanks alot Doc. No bedside manner, in a rush. I think he is in it for the $$$ not the patients he is suppose to help. In short, he is a quack.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

Terrible bedside manner. No respect for his patients. Makes patients feel like a burden. Acts like a playboy not a doctor

flag | Submitted April 9, 2009