Ratings for Dr. David Rollins

Dr. Rollins was super great. He made me very comfortable before my surgery, during my surgery and after. I am glad I was referred to him by Dr. MacDougall to do my cataract surgery.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Rollins is the best. I have been to other eye doctors and had unpleasant experiences. My GP referred me to this specialist a number of years ago and quite honestly my visits to have my eyes checked were no longer traumatic experiences. Dr. Rollins has a very relaxed, confident and delightful manner as well as being a respectful listener and competent surgeon. I am very squeamish when it comes to having any sort of examination or problem with my eyes. I was not sure whether I was strong enough to have a corneal transplant but Dr. Rollins was very reassuring and was able to arrange the operation in a hospital with an anaesthesiologsist. I am sure it was an inconvenience for him but he said that he would do what was the best thing for me...his patient. Recently when I required a cataract operation, he and his staff arranged for me to see another specialist with more frequent hospital privileges so that I could have a timely operation under a general rather than a local anesthetic. Very impressive. I am ever so grateful that he is my ophthalmologist. I highly recommend this kind gentleman.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr. Rollins yelled at me before my surgery. His receptionist is unhelpful, unprofessional and rude.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr Rollins is the type of physician that reminds one of a kinder gentler era. A well educated gentleman properly schooled in the English tradition. His caring manner and relaxed demeanor make visiting his office a reassuring experience. All of the women in my prayer group see him. Once a week we say a little prayer that his health should remain good so that he can minion to the flocks

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

The staff was friendly and polite, a very positive experience in every respect .

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Horendous front desk staff. These are the rudest staff that were insensitive and unhelpful with terrible attitudes. It's incredible that people like this are allowed to work with the public and in particular in health care. If you don't want to be treated with disrespect and unjustifiable smugness, don't go to this centre.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

I have never experienced such negligent conduct from a medical practitioner. I was referred to him for a second opinion on a post surgery complication of my eye. He would not have bothered to examine the problem eye if I had not stated my concern as he was walking out the door. and only offered a one sentence response when I requested his opinion on the recommended procedure. Probably knowledgeable to be a specialist but rejects the Hippocrates Oath and is a disgrace to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

My experience with him was poor. He didn't bother to explain to me about the floaters in my eye and simply wanted to get me out of the door.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

My experience with eye surgery was very good. Dr. Rollins in a true professional. He makes you feel comfortable and very personable. The procedure was performed professionally and the results were very positive. My vision is 20/20 in both eyes and the transplant in my left eye is working fantastic. When Dr. Rollins retires it will definitely leave a void in his profession. I don't think you can find another Dr. of his calibre around Vancouver. Book him while you can!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I was surprised to see such positive ratings. I found Dr Rollins unhelpful and patronizing. I didn't feel comfortable using him so cannot comment on his competance.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014