Ratings for Dr. Keith Menard

Amazing. Takes appropriate amount of time for clients. No rushing. Listens and observes. Knowledgable with the issues that We come to Him with. Makes referrals when needed. Has been extremely helpful with Our Son with Autism and multiple other health issues. Reception has also been great. Friendly and personal.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I seen Dr Cox. Started with a terribly rude receptionist I can't believe she has a job working around children or people. Dr Cox was nice but not helpful at all. My son was diagnosed with autism and we were so lost, we had no clue where to even start. Before he was diagnosed she kept saying I bet he has autism. I had tons of questions that were never answered or I recieved vague answers. We are currently waiting for another pediatrician. I do not recommend going to Wesley street pediatrics. I can't stress how lost I felt when leaving and rude the receptionist was.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

I found the Doctor to be easy to talk to,. However the receptionist was rude. Last time I went in with a referrel from a new family doctor then she never updated the info. Next time we went in she cancelled our son because we weren't with the original doctor. Receptionist was very unreasonable and not someone I would care to talk to again. Unfortunately the receptionist is the first person you tend to talk to and this one was horrible.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

This is the best doctor we have ever seen. I would never see another pediatrician since we have met Dr Menard. He is the brightest and most caring doc we have ever met!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

The worst Doctor, and rudest receptionist, ever. He sent a student doctor in because he was so busy. Seemed unable to get test results, even after 6 months and many phone calls. He should be ashamed of himself. A pediatrician who doesn't care about a sick child. If you hear his name, ask for another referral.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

We have seen Dr Menard 3times in regards to my husband's daughter. Dr Menard doesn't do much in the way of diagnosing ADHD in children. Left it up to the school and us to deal with. Mother has other child with Adhd so she helped us with what medication would help and we went back to Dr Menard to get the meds. From what I have seen he has just took her weight and height talked to her for a bit and sent us on our way. No help at all. We have information from school to support that she is probably ADHD. He is very nice and talks very caring to the children. But I have found no support to the parents dealing with not knowing anything about ADHD and how to help their child. We continue to go to him because it is to support school documentation to have her have help in school. When I get a chance she will be going to a different Ped.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

he saw my daughter when she was born at nanaimo general, so when it came time for her to see a pediatrician there was no doubt that he was the one i wanted to see. i got in very quickly and he calmed my nerves about her skeletal bones. shes now one and i have another one on the way and cant wait to see more of him. he is such a wonderful guy to talk to and doesnt make me feel like im just some young mom, he listens to my opinions and discusses things always in a calm matter. my daughter loves seeing him and always smiles. he makes her feel very comfortable and the office is so welcoming.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Was very helpful in getting my son help with his toes. When we had a hard time finding an orthopeadic surgeon he stood his ground and found someone for us after others declined the referral.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Dr Menard was the Pediatrician On-call at NRGH when our infant was admitted with pneumonia. Dr Menard was very calm, collected, helpful, and encouraging. Did not rush us, helped align other resources in town for our son (other issues). Great with children, his calm (non-stressed) easy going manner is hard to come by. He told us that we could stay with him as pediatrician (we had referral to one in diff. town) if we wished to have consistency with his issues. Really happy with him, and our experiences so far.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2010

Dr Menard is a very caring and gentle doctor. He has seen each of our children, and has never been rude or hurried. He spands lots of time with them and they love seeing him. The story below about being rude makes no sense to me either, but if you want drugs for your childs school trouble, he is propably not the person to see. I know that he prefers to not use medications if at all possible.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009