Ratings for Dr. Janna L. Chao

I have found Dr. Chao to be very competent. She is not one with an effervescent personality, but she has been willing to explore different options for me and is open to alternative treatments.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

She's a jerk. I had a very bad accident and my knee was serverely injured and she truly could not have evinced more disinterest or lack of curiosity as to figuring out what happened to my knee. She did try an xray and told me to take Advil (duh!) I just got a totally lame blowoff letter in the mail saying in its entirety: "The xray did not reveral any fractures. The radiologist did not mild arthritis." No next steps, no nothing. Hello. I had a trauma to my knee on a specific date 12 days ago. Before this my knee worked fine. Now it doesn't work. I don't think that has anything to do with pre existing arthritis. My nose got fractured and I got 12 stitches in my forehead so presumably, something bad happened to my KNEE that day too. Dr. Chao apparently has better things to do than wonder what ewlse migfht be causing my knee pain.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2011

This doctor was extremely unhelpful. She suggested a number of tests that were expensive. Told me to "rest." She stated she would not prescribe the medications I have been taking for over a year it was "not in the practice of the clinic." but she did not fully inform me of this. If she had I would have left and established care somewhere else. She criticized my profession and doubted my own judgment of MY symptoms. There has been no follow up other than the numerous refers she could make for me. I made it clear that I did not have the resources to seek out many other specialists. So, now I am out of the money and time and have nothing to show for my effort. She also would not return my call with test result that the administrative staff said were fully available. I had to wait over a week after finding out that the test results were actually ready. Overall, I would rather have not gone at all.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

The only good part about my appointment with Dr Chao at UWMC Belltown was that it started on time. Her nurse criticized me for not going to my normal PCP (who was out of town...) and Dr Chao took one look at my terrible insurance and sent me out the door with absolutely no help. Completely impersonal, never acted like she cared or wanted to be there, didn't give any indication she ever wanted to see me again. She spent half of the 5-10 minute exam with her hand on the door ready to leave as I tried to ask her questions. Never will go back and even thinking about calling up UWMC administration due to how bad the whole experience was. Definitely not recommended.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

I didn't like my experience with this doctor at all. I felt she would not listen to what I had to say about my problems and that she was completely free to ignore them. I felt her manner was prickly and arrogant. I'd take my chances at an ER before going to this doctor or this doctor's clinic again.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2008

Dr. Janna L. Chao's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Pacificare