Ratings for Dr. Margaret Silver

I recently saw this doctor on an evening emergency basis (she was on call, and arrived almost immediately on a cold snowy night). I was profoundly impressed with my experience. What has been alluded to as a bit of aloofness in her demeanor is not that at all, but rather that she is simply not a doctor given to casual chit-chat. Her focus and concentration on the medical issue at hand is so intense and so complete as to exclude peripheral distraction. I find that an invaluable trait in a doctor, and I'm very grateful for that level of care. For thoroughness, and professionalism she's just superb.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Excellent helpful staff. Busy waiting room. Dr Silver was very helpful and referred me to another specialist in Halifax to confirm her diagnosis. I was happy to hear that she was seeking another opinion to confirm what she saw in my eye. I found her very knowledgeable and re booked me for another appointment so I " don't get lost in the system" . I was able to ask questions and she answered them once she had updated her notes. I recommend her and nice to have a doctor who cares. I normally avoid doctors.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2013

Was to see this doctor recently, I was not impressed. She has the personality of a turnip!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2012

This doctor has seen my 85 year old dad who suffers from Alzheimers. I am his legal guardian and medical P.O.A.He has bilateral cataracts and surgery is the only way to eliminate them. I have refused consent to this surgery in writing and yet she still continues to make appnts regarding this surgery. I do not want him seen further by her and yet she continues to disregard my father's legal rights! Do not seek treatment from Dr. Silver if you are caring for or legally/medically responsible for a family member who is incompetent.use this rating as a warning!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Dr. and her staff are very organized and answer your questions. Almost seems too good to be true!!!!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007