Ratings for Dr. Alan K. Johnson

He does not work in your interests. Once there was a time when I was working myself into burnout. So I had headaches. So I came to him worrying about my headaches and wanting to check whether I have a brain cancer or something. So I told him about my crazy schedule, nights and weekends and said that if that's what was causing my pain, I could taking it easier. His reply was, literally: "sure, you could try that, it might help or might not help. Instead, why don't you try Prozac? It saved families, it saved careers". I said: "but shouldn't I try changing my schedule first before doing any chems?". He re-iterated that Prozac is way much better than no Prozac. This is terrible, as if he was serving some Pharma company and not me, for my money. Besides, I heard that having an entry about Prozac in your medical history might negatively affect your insurance premiums because you may be inclined to suicide. In another case, I came with knee pain. All I wanted was a referral (even though I don't really need one, I have a PPO). He said that he could prescribe me some Motrin or stuff. I said: I don't need it, I have buckets of Acetaminophen or Ibuprophen at home, enough if I need it. Next thing I know my pharmacy calls me that Dr. Johnson prescribed me some pain killer. Don't know what's the deal, writing a prescription probably lets him charge my insurance more. He is 0 usefullness, but all sorts of tricks. Stay away.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Dr. Johnson has been my doctor for over a decade. He is knowledgeable, smart, observant and personable. He has gone out of his way on occasion to help me including calling me on a Friday to provide the results of a test (negative) because he knew I would be stressing if I had to wait until Monday to hear the results. I trust him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

The staff changes over constantly, and is usually distracted, in a bad mood or both. You'll generally wait more than 20 minutes before you're taken to an exam room and 10 more after that before you see the doctor. Good luck having any illnesses diagnosed correctly.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

He sucks. He doesn't take anything seriously, I could be dying on his table and he would pat me on the back and tell me I'm fine. I don't have time to go into all the stupid stuff dealing with this doctor and clinic but I've finally had enough!! I won't be back.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. Alan K. Johnson's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Kaiser-Permanente