Ratings for Dr. G. S. Lowen Wilson

I first went to his office because he accepted walk in patients and he was in my neighborhood. I liked him so much I continued to see him long after I moved away. He's a no nonsense kind of guy witch I really appreciated. He was able to diagnose and cure a very troublesome problem on the first try. I had seen several other doctors and kept receiving the same dismissive diagnosis despite telling them what treatment had already failed.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

I paid 50. as my out of province Health care was not accepted by them. Dr Wilson is definitely the most arrogant, old as dirt, rude doctor I have ever met. I had heard of him years ago and then he was considered arrogant but skilled. Now I think maybe the skilled part has lessened with age. At this point he only works part time and no longer brings his dog with him. When I asked how old this "new pain med" was as I dont like to take something too new, he actually yelled **** at me. I told him if he was going to be rude to me I would be to him. There was NOONE in the waiting room (people knew he was the dr on Fridays???) so I got in right away. He chit chatted a lot maybe as no patints. When I left finally 1 patient walked in the door. He's good about patient independance but if you disagree with him on any level, medical or otherwise he is belligerent and rude and condescending. I held my own with him (and thats what a visit is...a fight) but he really is an ass.----

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

After laying on his "operating table" for nearly two hours watching him struggle with a minor surgery he gave up frustrated that he couldn't keep his hand steady enough to finish. I ended up having to go to a plastic surgeon to have his work fixed and have lost partial funtion (motion) in my tendon. Something I will never recover from. While he is a nice man, some people should kindly be asked to retire when their physical abilities prevent them from doing a job.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

My experiences with Dr. Wilson have all been positive, can't complain. I appreciate his direct approach and all of his diagnosis/advise has been correct everytime.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2007

Dr. Wilson is old yes indeed. I assume many people get put off by the fact that you can't pull any crap past hime at this point in his career. he told me yesterday I would live a long life if I "got rid of all that fat". Some people may be offended; guess what it's the truth. Bbedside manner- none at all but proficient, great sense of humour, and the right Dr if you need a Dr not a therapist because he will give it to you stright up with no bull-****. I have may parents going there and he calls a spade a spade. If you want to be caoddled and **** footed arounf; wrong Dr. Great choice if you actually like the truth and you like it laid on the table. I personally love the fact that he has his dog at work- more power to him. I wish I could have my dog at work! I guess when you have your own practice you can do what you wish. Thank you for the great care Dr. Wilson! I guarantte he doesn't read this- not his style. If you have a problem with him tell him- he will listen and respond

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007

Ever had a vaginal swab done after being told to pull your pants down and lay on your side (yes, while he's in the room) so he can swab you from behind? I have. And, yes with the dog in the room too. Harmless little dog, but...it's a DOG in a medical office exam room!! While nothing was wrong enough to take legal action or take it to the college, it was certainly the worst doctor experience I've every had. Went to him a few times when I couldn't get in anywhere else. You'd better know your stuff going in because he seems to need guidance. My breast exam was as thorough as a grope in high school. More like he was quickly patting down bread dough, and as effective, I'm sure.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2007

If you don't like his manner, then go elsewhere. I certainly appreciate the way he doesn't beat around the bush. I have been seeing Dr. Wilson for a long time and have nothing but respect for his skill and experience. Both my wife and I have had nothing but good service and advice from him.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Awful - I agree, it's time to retire. I had to find a doctor for a physical and he basically made me take off my clothes (and put them back on) while he was in the room. THE most uncomfortable doctor experience I've ever had.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2007

don't be tempted by the same day service, there is a reason you can always get an appointment. Maybe in his younger years he was a competent doctor. I'd like to think so anyways because it's horrifying to think of all the damage he would have caused for so many years if that is not the case. Unless you know exactly what is wrong with you and just need a form filled out, go someplace else. Actually even the form filling is questionable, he once put on an Access Calgary application that the mentally challenged gentleman was DEAF, which he certainly is not. Besides the dog in the room with you looking up your skirt, he speaks so loudly that there is no privacy whatsoever and you can hear everything the other patient is being told. It is i would say time to retire.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2007

Hands down the worst experience I have ever had. Not only did he call and tell me I had cancer while I was at work (which after 3 months and many tests found out I didn't have cancer). He also misdignosed me and I had my gall bladder removed (which made the issues 100% worse). He's also in his late 70's and lacks bed side manners.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007